Translation mistakes page 2

181 posts

Flag Post

Text in Russian for the description of some skills.

Flag Post

There’s a tip in the Loading screen that is written:

“Take part in Contract Wars developing process! Write YOU bug reports […]”

It’s YOUR not YOU.

Flag Post

Error in russian, when u try to join a match that’s not available to you … f.e. : i’m lvl 32, and trying to join a 0-20 …

Flag Post

i would guess this was more a typo than anything else but in team elimination when the VIP is on your team it says, “…yout team.” instead of “…your team.”

Flag Post

Day 7 (should it be “Bay 7”?) night map’s description in the loading screen is in Cyrillic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yuyuyu6:

Day 7 (should it be “Bay 7”?) night map’s description in the loading screen is in Cyrillic.

Day 7 is the Bay 7 version but in the day, where Bay 7 is in a night setting.

Flag Post

Not sure if it has been said before but the word should be “indestructible”, not ‘undestructible’ in ‘Make weapon undestructible.’ Or you can say Make weapon unbreakable.

And there is translation missing for ‘Steady Grip’ in the Sniper section of Skills.

Flag Post

There is a VIP in youT team, needs to be fixed

Flag Post

barrels on terminal spell unathorized, should be unauthorized
also, undestructible should be indestructible.

Flag Post

Also, the scanner skill says SCANER with one N.

Flag Post

There should be more languages like german, spain, france…

Flag Post

OK so there are a lot of errors in the weapon descriptions or just awkward phrasing. I’m going to try and give you a couple of ideas for what would sound more natural:

PM pistol- "_Because of the widespread availability of a gun and ammunition, is still used as the Russian Special Forces due to its exceptional reliability, lightness and compactness. The only negative – small damage_ "
Because of the widespread availability of the gun and ammunition, it’s still used by the Russian Special Forces due to its exceptional reliability, lightness and compactness. The only negative side – small damage

APS Pistol – “Retired in 70-th years, the APS still has authority (…)
Retired after 70 years, the APS still has a reputation

Taurus Judge – “Hunting revolver with .410 buckshot (!) from the Brazilian company Taurus. Along with the phenomenal damage, weapon is light and perfect for CQB. It’s tactical capabilities equivalent to a light semi-automatic shotgun
Hunting revolver in .410 buckshot (!) from the Brazilian company Taurus. Along with the phenomenal damage, the weapon is light and perfect for CQB. It’s tactical capabilities are equivalent to those of a light semi-automatic shotgun.

PMM-12(…)chrome slider(…)”
chrome slide

Desert EagleRedesigned by Tactical intervention Systems Desert Eagle pistol caliber 12.7 mm. Different with a huge damage and also huge recoil
Redesigned by Tactical intervention Systems the Desert Eagle pistol in 12.7 mm caliber comes with a huge damage and also huge recoil

Kedr SMGPerfectly applicable in the CQB situations
Perfectly applicable in CQB situation

Let me know if this helps.

Flag Post

What does the steady grip skill do? I haven’t bought it because it’s in russian haha.

I’d say the biggest problem is the quick commands. The voice is in russian and that’s whatever, but the big problem is that they don’t actually convey what you want to convey.

Follow me => “In group” is wrong it could just mean stick together instead of come to my position. just stick with “Follow me” or “Come with me” or something.
Got it => “Agree” is kind of wrong. “roger that” is good, but “Agree” could just mean that you “agree” with them. it’s different. maybe try “Understood”
Eyes on => “Control” is wrong. These just mean totally different things. “control” is just a general suggestion and “eyes on” means “watch my position”

idk i can’t think of anymore off hand…

Flag Post

Some skills in russian.

Destroyer: EFD frag grenade ll, Уникальный пулемёт (пока не доступен)
Sniper: Steady grip

And all achievements images with russian texts.

p.s. Sorry for my english, not native (russian is native).

Flag Post

what does the steady grip skill do exactly?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bloodriven:

what does the steady grip skill do exactly?

20% recoil reduction during aiming

Flag Post

i want to help with the weapons description some more, but i need to know if my work has a purpose.

cheers

Flag Post

Gold Contract #14: Gain 9000 exp in sawmill TDS

Its not TDS its Team Elimination

Flag Post

you should have some more taunts actually, and i think a change in voice between USEC and BEAR forces. Also, soldiers being shot at should automatically yell something as this would add effect. But this is more of a suggestion than anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by R3furbished:

you should have some more taunts actually, and i think a change in voice between USEC and BEAR forces.

they both mercs , so they both can speak any language

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nqss:

you should have some more taunts actually, and i think a change in voice between USEC and BEAR forces.

yes yes, I understand. But i meant not a change in language, but in voice, for example the BEAR forces could speak rougher since they have are more hardcore so to speak. And the USEC should speak more of a foreign russian. Its just a suggestion really, i just thought it would be cool.

Flag Post

“they both mercs” would actually be “they are(or they’re) both mercs” since there is no verb between both. just a little bit of knowledge. I don’t know if you accidentally misspelled or if you just dont know english that well. hope it helped :)

Flag Post

If one leaves an EU-server:
the ‘exiting server’ message does not end (bug)

if you click the X, this message pops up:

shouldn’t it be ‘player has left the game’?

Flag Post

the heading at the top of the clan race tab is still in russian

Flag Post

yes, but its not very meaningful to an english person if you have absolutely no idea what they are saying, and also wtf are they saying? can you please translate a few in the forum?

Originally posted by Bloodriven:

What does the steady grip skill do? I haven’t bought it because it’s in russian haha.

I’d say the biggest problem is the quick commands. The voice is in russian and that’s whatever, but the big problem is that they don’t actually convey what you want to convey.

Follow me => “In group” is wrong it could just mean stick together instead of come to my position. just stick with “Follow me” or “Come with me” or something.
Got it => “Agree” is kind of wrong. “roger that” is good, but “Agree” could just mean that you “agree” with them. it’s different. maybe try “Understood”
Eyes on => “Control” is wrong. These just mean totally different things. “control” is just a general suggestion and “eyes on” means “watch my position”

idk i can’t think of anymore off hand…

put the pieces together for steady grip. Steady would lead you to believe the gun wouldnt move as much, which leads you to recoil, and there is a 20% in the description, so i just guessed it was -20% recoil. How hard is it to figure that out? Also, i dont think there is anything wrong with “agree”, because if someone says “good work, mate”, you can hit got it and reply, “agree”, i also dont think in group needs to be changed. Control, however, makes no sense whatsoever.