daily platinum contracts

36 posts

Flag Post

Here’s an idea I had:

it would be cool if each day there was a different platinum contract that awarded 5 gp. these contracts should not require any premium guns, they should be fairly tough, but also achievable, unlike many of the gold contracts, and they should vary from day to day. to folks who tell me ``you idiot! nobody will buy gp if the devs implement such a feature’’ no. that’s not the case. if this feature was implemented and you played every day for a year, you’d only be able to get around 1800 gp. that’s not really all that much for 365 days of playing (and playing enough to satisfy each day’s contract). yet, it ensures that non-payers are happy and have some reasonable way to generate gp, whilst simultaneously satisfying payers. additionally, it provides a new challenge every day. the current daily cr awards incentivize folks to log in every day, and then log off right afterwards. daily contracts, on the other hand, would incentivize people to play enough to at least finish the new contract every day. indeed, this would lead to people playing the game more often, which leads to more full servers, and a more enjoyable game. it should be feasible and I think it would make the gun more fun for both payers and non-payers.

thoughts?

EDIT: The purposes of daily platinum contracts would be three-fold: (1) to inject some new, fresh content into the game, (2) to incentive players to play more often, thereby increasing the popularity and enjoyment of the game for everyone, and (3) to allow active non-payers a reasonable way to generate GP and stick with the game, but not so much that it deters payers from investing in GP (even with daily contracts, people will still pay for gp because it would take a LONG time to generate the GP required to buy a nice gun or the higher end skills).

Flag Post

No. I think there is already enough free GPs. Even too much.

Flag Post

other opinions? i think it would rejuvenate the game for many players…

Flag Post

Players could get rewarded for playing every 10 hours. This would encourage people to play more too.

Flag Post

I think that this would be a neat feature, however that would have to mean that platinum contracts (as well as other contracts) would have to be randomized for each day rather than resetting themselves like they do right now each day if you don’t finish one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by eviltrenton:

I think that this would be a neat feature, however that would have to mean that platinum contracts (as well as other contracts) would have to be randomized for each day rather than resetting themselves like they do right now each day if you don’t finish one.

Yes. The point is to have randomized rewards that do not require free guns that reset on a daily basis. I think it would be very cool if the contracts were based only on guns and skills you have. Requiring premium guns to satisfy contracts is absurd to me.

I don’t see why other contracts would have to be randomized though. I think the platinum contracts should complement the others; that is, it would be nice if the platinum contracts functioned slightly differently by being randomized, while the other contracts require completion for progression.

Originally posted by skullhead51:

Players could get rewarded for playing every 10 hours. This would encourage people to play more too.

This is true. But I don’t think it’s as fun as contracts. Contracts can be quite fun, so long as they are achievable. Also, playing 10 hours isn’t as much incentive to play in a given day as finishing a daily contract. Say you finish 70% of a contract. You probably won’t just stop playing; you’ll just try to finish it. But if you played for 9 hours and 45 minutes, you’d probably just wait for the next day to finish playing 15 more minutes.

I feel the purposes of daily platinum contracts would be three-fold: (1) to inject some new, fresh content into the game, (2) to incentive players to play more often, thereby increasing the popularity and enjoyment of the game for everyone, and (3) to allow active non-payers a reasonable way to generate GP and stick with the game, but not so much that it deters payers from investing in GP (even with daily contracts, people will still pay for gp because it would take a LONG time to generate the GP required to buy a nice gun or the higher end skills).

Flag Post

Great idea. No one can complain about amount like 5gp, it doesn’t hurt the game’s revenues and it’s enough to motive people.

Big YES!

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaves:

Great idea. No one can complain about amount like 5gp, it doesn’t hurt the game’s revenues and it’s enough to motive people.

Big YES!

Thanks. I agree. Most people seem to be on board with this other than vice, who is a troll. I think the only concern people have are the tasks being unreasonably hard, like the current gold contracts. If the contracts are randomized and not too difficult to complete (i.e. completable by most people in 1/2 an hour or so) I think everyone will be satisfied with it.

Devs, have you considered implementing this?

Flag Post

I would say they should be more hard in the time consuming area than hard in the difficulty area, due to the current rate of difficulties in tasks people are already occurring.

A example of increasing the time needed to complete the task would be combine to tasks into one
e.g. Kill 100 players with a Pistol in TE and Kill 30 players with a long shot with a sniper. Which may be time consuming but it is still completable encouraging players to play for extended periods of time.

Compared to a quick 30 min contract where players look at it as being a quick way of earning a few GP in their spare time which would only advice a player to play a short period of time. And i see this area already filled by the Bronze and Silver contract as i see them as being a quick way to earn SP or the silver coins.

That is why if implemented i would like to see these tasks be time consuming then difficult meaning all players can achieve it, only if they put the required hours into the game.

Flag Post

I agree that the contracts should not be too difficult in terms of requiring skill to complete. But I don’t think they should be that lengthy either. Killing 100 players with a pistol in TE will likely take over an hour for most gamers. And that’s too long for most people.

Yes, I know most people here do not consider an hour of gaming as very long. But you’re atypical; most people do not read posts or write posts on gaming forums. You’re definitely more invested in this game than the average Contract Wars gamer. Look at who posts the most on these forums: glock, skullhead, radicalice, vice. These players are all level 59+. Gamers who see this message, including you, the person reading my post right now, are not representative of the general gaming population.

The purpose of having moderate length contracts is to get players to play the game, but not necessarily for hours. Many gamers simply do not have the time to play for over an hour. And if a contract takes over an hour to complete, they may simply opt not to complete it thereby nullifying any intended incentive. For example, it took me a fairly long time to complete the bronze contract of making 150 kills; this was not because it was hard, but because I didn’t expect to have enough time to complete 150 kills. Many days, I was ambivalent to playing and the bronze, silver, and gold contracts, each requiring over an hour to complete failed to serve as incentive for me to play. I think 30 minutes to 45 minutes would be a more reasonable timeframe for dynamic daily contracts. It would certainly incentivize me to play more often.

Yes, this would be a way for players to generate extra GP. But only 5 extra GP. If you think about it, that would require 100 days of completing contracts (i.e. at least 50 hours of playing or so) just to get 500 GP. That’s a lot to me. Also, GP and SP are the only large incentives for most people to play. Most importantly, most players want alternative ways to get GP. That’s why one of the top-rated comments right now is ``it would be nice we would get gp by playing and not only by paying maybe 50 for each lvl up or something or achievements’’ which was posted by alish1999.

I think the following contracts are more suitable: Kill 60 players. Kill 40 players with a pistol. Make 15 longshots with a sniper. Do a total of 10,000 damage to enemies (only if overkill damage counts… otherwise, this number should be lower, maybe 5,000). Kill 5 VIPs. Do 2 Stormkills (maybe… some may consider this hard). Do 5 RageKills (maybe… some may consider this hard). Knife 10 people. Etc… But contracts that require guns you don’t have or skills you don’t have should not exist.

Flag Post

I’m hardly “invested” in the game. I spend more time browsing forums and chat from work.
Some contracts are impossibly hard unless you get help or you reskill for the specific contract and spend many hours of play. Maybe the developers intended for contract to be that hard? Maybe you should only get the bronze one every day, and spend a few days trying to get the silver and gold ones. Anyway, you can’t really complain about that because boosting is allowed on kong.

P.S. Imagine that the devs intended for the gold contracts to be so hard that you maybe get one done every week. I can only imagine the rage tha will ensue when they release gold weekly and monthly contracts :D

Flag Post

Maybe invested was poor word choice. I meant that you play a lot and the game means more to you than the average player. Why do I say that? You read my post because you quoted the word invested from my post. You responded to my post. You’re level 60, which indeed requires a substantial amount of game time. In fact, you’ve played the game over 120 hours. Now, I didn’t say you’re an addict, even though you are. I don’t want to argue about your addiction, even though I’m right. But you definitely are more invested than the average player. You, yourself, admitted you spent time browsing forums and chat from work. Most folks don’t do that.

Maybe the devs did intend for the contract to be hard. But it seems to have led to farming, which I see as a huge problem even if devs ignore it or contrive half-baked solutions like the ``w-task failed’’ check which don’t mitigate farming, often yield false positives, and may even encourage intelligent farming that works and breaks the system. But I wasn’t complaining about boosting being allowed on Kongregate. All of that is orthogonal to my post. Gold contracts give Cr, GP, and SP. When they award GP, they award about 30 GP if you account for the cost of the premium gun. Daily contracts are not intended to give SP, nor are they intended to give a lot of GP. They’re intended to give a little bit of extra GP so that people start coming on more. I think between 5 and 10 GP is a good number. Acquiring 500 GP, i.e. enough to buy a gun, with 5 GP daily rewards, would take 100 days. That’s a fairly long time for the majority of gamers.

In any case, a scheme like this would encourage players to come on. And to be honest, nothing but daily rewards of GP or SP for time spent playing or reward of GP or SP for tasks that indirectly require time spent playing to be completed will incentivize players to come on. I see this dynamic daily contract system as giving the added advantage of making the game a bit more interesting over just rewarding for coming on for half an hour to an hour.

To be honest, this game needs to stop screwing over non-payers. And this is one really simple way of achieving that since the mechanics for a contract reward system are already in place. It would also add to the game and make the game more interesting for everyone, including payers.

Flag Post

a reply from a dev would be cool…

Flag Post

if there’S nothing to be said, there is nothing to say. ther already are 3 classes of contracts and can you imagine restructuring the menu to make room for one more just to hope some guys disinterested in making the first 3 kinds would get it. I know it might seem appliable, but you need more proof to motivate anyone.

Flag Post

Did you know? Pay2win is also known as Free2Leave? Think of the game as a free trial, you pay money if you like it and if you don’t then well you are free to leave without paying a cent. I do think the platinum contracts are a great idea, but the fact that you are bothering the developers almost everyday to give out even more GP than they already give through contracts makes them not want to listen to you. They gave out GP in new years (over 500 GP in fact). They will most likely give out GP later in the year through tournaments and gifts so please be patient. :)

I do in fact think the premium guns are overpriced so that’s about the only thing i can see them changing. The premium guns should range from $10-$20 like in most pay2win games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rave5000:

Did you know? Pay2win is also known as Free2Leave? Think of the game as a free trial, you pay money if you like it and if you don’t then well you are free to leave without paying a cent. I do think the platinum contracts are a great idea, but the fact that you are bothering the developers almost everyday to give out even more GP than they already give through contracts makes them not want to listen to you. They gave out GP in new years (over 500 GP in fact). They will most likely give out GP later in the year through tournaments and gifts so please be patient. :)

I do in fact think the premium guns are overpriced so that’s about the only thing i can see them changing. The premium guns should range from $10-$20 like in most pay2win games.

So what if pay2win is free2leave? Does that mean I can’t make a suggestion? I don’t see how asking a question is bothering them. And it’s not just me. Look at the highest rated comment, which is a request for alternative methods to GP. The comment by alish1999 which states ``it would be nice we would get gp by playing and not only by paying maybe 50 for each lvl up or something or achievements’’ is a reflection of what the community as a whole feel about this game, not just me. Also, they gave 7 × 5 = 375 on NY, not over 500 in fact. Please don’t make stuff up. Also, that has nothing to do with what was proposed here.

You just made a suggestion about changing premium gun prices. pay2win means free2leave. Do you see how silly that statement, which you thought was clever, is now?

dhatzster, I think they could easily change the interface to accommodate changes to the game. In fact, that would be remarkably easy to do. Teams which cater to the gaming population succeed more than those that don’t. I shouldn’t have to prove anything to them. If they’re invested in the success of their game they should actively seek ways to improve it. But, if you read my earlier posts, you’ll see why daily contracts offer something that regular contracts don’t.

I think a lot of people aren’t realizing that adding a daily contract or reward for daily play gets a lot more people playing. It forces casual players, who make up the majority of the gaming population to come on a lot more. That means servers have more people in it. Therefore, it incentivizes people to play more in two ways: (1) by giving them a reward for playing more and (2) putting more people in games so that people want to play more. This makes a more enjoyable game for everyone. This includes payers.

Therefore, believe it or not, giving small rewards to non-payers may actually lead to devs getting more money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slixtrix:

So what if pay2win is free2leave? Does that mean I can’t make a suggestion? I don’t see how asking a question is bothering them. And it’s not just me. Look at the highest rated comment, which is a request for alternative methods to GP. The comment by alish1999 which states ``it would be nice we would get gp by playing and not only by paying maybe 50 for each lvl up or something or achievements’’ is a reflection of what the community as a whole feel about this game, not just me. Also, they gave 7 × 5 = 375 on NY, not over 500 in fact. Please don’t make stuff up. Also, that has nothing to do with what was proposed here.

You just made a suggestion about changing premium gun prices. pay2win means free2leave. Do you see how silly that statement, which you thought was clever, is now?

dhatzster, I think they could easily change the interface to accommodate changes to the game. In fact, that would be remarkably easy to do. Teams which cater to the gaming population succeed more than those that don’t. I shouldn’t have to prove anything to them. If they’re invested in the success of their game they should actively seek ways to improve it. But, if you read my earlier posts, you’ll see why daily contracts offer something that regular contracts don’t.

I think a lot of people aren’t realizing that adding a daily contract or reward for daily play gets a lot more people playing. It forces casual players, who make up the majority of the gaming population to come on a lot more. That means servers have more people in it. Therefore, it incentivizes people to play more in two ways: (1) by giving them a reward for playing more and (2) putting more people in games so that people want to play more. This makes a more enjoyable game for everyone. This includes payers.

Therefore, believe it or not, giving small rewards to non-payers may actually lead to devs getting more money.

May—→Will

Flag Post

I also believe they’d make more money if they incorporated a system that employs daily rewards that are small but not completely insignificant (I think 5 gp is the right amount). But I’m not prescient. And, even though I think it’s pretty obvious that something like this needs to be implemented for the game to maintain a strong user base, there’s no way I can think of to prove to them they’ll make more money, even though I believe they will. That’s why I wrote may and not will. :)

Flag Post

devs?

Flag Post

We don’t think so.

Flag Post

you’re the dev, not me.

but i don’t understand why not. the majority of people would enjoy doing an extra contract, it would get more people playing, it would resolve the whole gp issue non-payers have, it would most likely lead to devs making more money, and it requires minimal effort to implement.

Flag Post

the majority of people would enjoy doing an extra contract,

enjoying? am I enjoying mine now? (1k kill lvl 30+)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drachus:

the majority of people would enjoy doing an extra contract,

enjoying? am I enjoying mine now? (1k kill lvl 30+)

well i meant the type of 30 contract specified in the rest of this thread, which should be around 30 minutes, changing each day, and give a 5 gp reward… the target would be around 50 kills, not 1000 kills =p

read the rest of this thread :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by YoYoBro93:

May—→Will

Haiz yoyo

devs?

just thought i would leave a comment for you, you actually do if i am correct after level 50 or 60 not sure which, start to earn gold as your level up achievement as well as sp, someone that was a high-level told me this, im not sure if it is true, but i believe it to be and i thought i would leave it behind for you, im not sure who said it though so dont automatically complain to the top 5 people if its not true

Flag Post

sorry if saying hi to yoyo was off topic and that i blew up the page with such a large quote i didnt really think that through >_< is their a way to edit that to a smaller quote?