daily platinum contracts page 2

36 posts

Flag Post

You can edit your post by clicking the edit post button next to your post (near the quote post button). I don’t care either way. I was just hoping for a reasonable reply from a dev, in which the dev explained why this is not something that’s feasible or said yes, we’ll implement it. But I guess that won’t happen. Close-mindedness is unfortunate. :(

To your first statement, I’m aware you get gp at level 60. That takes a really long time and you don’t get awarded that much GP until you reach level 65 or so. Lancer is only level 62 and he’s played over 200 hours. Honestly, by far the majority of gamers will not play this game more than that, esp. if there are few rewards before hitting that.

Also, contracts that change on a daily basis are valuable for more reasons than just giving non-payers a chance by rewarding GP. The main purpose would be to incentivize players to play more, which stimulates a growth in the gaming population. Nobody wants to play when there are very few players on. Read the rest of the thread please :)

Flag Post

I am very happy with amount of gp that the devs give us, so I don’t think this is very nessicary, but it’s a good idea and I would love to hav it in the game.

Flag Post

i’d love to have it. i’m disappointed that devs won’t even consider it.

i think it would solve a lot of problems and appease many people. and to people who are worried about the gp, it’s really not that much. accumulating 500 gp, enough to buy the average gun, would take 50-100 hours of gameplay split across 100 days. That’s a lot to me.

Flag Post

Just wait for the next major festivity (Saint Valentine? lol, would be cool :D) and I’m sure the devs will give away an effton of GPs like they did for NYE (500ish GP given to each player, that’s uber!)

Flag Post

But my computer isn’t my girlfriend :(

… okay, maybe it is.

The thing I don’t like about festival bonuses is that people who play regularly but are busy on holidays really miss out. I don’t think anyone loses with 5 gp a day being given to non-payers for 30+mins of play.

But, in any case, the primary goal of this is to get more people playing. Making the game more enjoyable for non-payers is just a bonus.

Flag Post

During NYE (dang, if only I’d known about that) you only needed to log in to get the GPs. 75/day for 6 days, I think it was.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YoYoBro93:

During NYE (dang, if only I’d known about that) you only needed to log in to get the GPs. 75/day for 6 days, I think it was.

Exactly. It’s a lot of GP over a very short period of time. If you miss the event you’re out of luck.

The advantages of having a daily contract instead of these events are that it encourages people to play more, and that GP awards are linear with play time. The daily rewards I described incentivize players to play over 30 minutes a day. Events merely get players to log in then log off. And that too, over a short period of time. Daily contracts also would also make the game more fun.

Without getting into the details, it is in the best interest of devs to implement these contracts.

Flag Post

Yeah, obviously I agree with you. I for one deeply regret having missed 40$ worth of GP just because I’ve started playing 2 weeks later q_q

Flag Post
Originally posted by YoYoBro93:

Yeah, obviously I agree with you. I for one deeply regret having missed 40$ worth of GP just because I’ve started playing 2 weeks later q_q

That’s got to be a bit aggravating. :(

Flag Post

there is no virtue or value in random unchosen things like extra GP on so called holidays. I know how this is often done to keep palayers in, but it provides only random and irracional opportunity for quick vast inequality. I know we are dealing with a paradigm where money is a motivator of the people’s actions at large, therefore they lose sight of actual non-fiat values. Good points for suggesting a more equal approach. Evil points for exploiting tradition via unearned rewards. no matter who else does it, the meaning does not change, only you decide what you are for.

Flag Post

dhatzster, I don’t quite understand the last two sentences of yours. Care to elaborate?