ATTN DEVS: Why do higher levels gang up on lower levels? page 2

48 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by XxXPAINKILLERXxX:

blablabla blablabla… We started on the equalization of opportunities and end about joining to Winning Team… Lades and Gentelman.
You can still whining on this game and how it’s not equivalent because I myself also as I do, but does not change the fact that the game need to lose a lot of people by winning one man, or lose one team that won the second no matter of the level.

Frustrating? Everyone is sometimes frustrating but people who are not able to play, primarily.

Last about, changing for winning team then ok who want that do when load game but if I see how someone in half game change team then I sometimes have the rank of the developer and ban this person, pernament. For example,I can give nickname Azaula, player who does while playing TDS.

My head hurt reading this. I got lost at this part too; “the game need to lose a lot of people by winning one man, or lose one team that won the second no matter of the level.”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

what bananana said about level based xp is quite common in other games, hence CW is more fair because level means how long have you been playing, not as much how good. obviously some skills make it harder to kill high levels if not by head. every time you ry to balance things agains the inevitable, you will end up with Team Fortress Autobalance like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHeEvbjDKg

Flag Post

here is all i can add to this, levels do not make you good, please shut up about levels ganging up on lower players, if their contract is 20 headshots over level 10, do it the same way i did, run around, shoot them in the head. this happened last night, kid needed 20 headshots over level 10, it was in a lake match for gods sake, you snipe or you gtfo pretty much right? so we told him if you can get a headshot ok, if not move on and don’t complain that we aren’t helping

Also wtf does it matter if they switch teams, you dont really get any more points for it unless they are a vip farmer, does it really make that much of a difference if people switch teams for points, no so please shut your mouth painkiller

Flag Post

Can’t wait for clans.

Flag Post

i dont really care about the lvls.. it means nothing to me..
i actully join the weakest team just to make it more fun…
i really dont think it would be that much of a challenge to just join the wining team..

i wont lie, i do half of the time join the wining teams, yea..
but i also like to join the weak team for example at TD

Flag Post
Originally posted by bananaaa:
Originally posted by Drachus:

there are games like TE, when u will not see higher lvl’s stacking up in one team
in games like lighthouse when u want to cooperate to win, playing with noobs that have no idea what they are doing is frustrating, so it is natural that you want to play with more experienced players

In this game there are more losers then winners, so… doesn’t matter if you like or don’t like gangbangs, just remember to be behind

I only see stacking being done in TE because TE is all I play. I expect ‘noobs’ to be noobs. Frustrations are not them. You missed the point of the post and lets not try to deter this into something else. Admit it like Glock243.

I will wait for a serious response from a dev… hopefully.

i am sorry but i think your just crazy, i hit autoselect and then just beat the crap out of the enemy, try it sometimes, dont just complain

Flag Post

there are games like TE, when u will not see higher lvl’s stacking up in one team

I only see stacking being done in TE because TE is all I play.

It is not logical, or that high lvl players are also noobs ;)
in TE when u are better then others from your team, your chances to kill more VIP’s are increasing, your team is more like a competition

and here is another question:
“why VIP is hiding and running to the ends of the map?” it is not logical – VIP will not kill VIP ;)
he should be like “No.1 suicide squad of the empire”

hahahahahaha i like that, if i become vip while using sniper i turn to pistol and just run towards the enemy like an idiot :)

Originally posted by SylviaWoon:

when i join TE i just let the game decide what team , i don’t think players usually pick teams on purpose.

I just played a Sawmill TE match with you and literally saw one of my team member(44lvl) switch sides in the middle of the game.

Being a hypocrite, I will from now on pick the higher lvl team unless the devs address this. There is no need for me being the lamb out there to be sacrificed for more points.

[Removed], just pick the team with lower numbers/lower levels, that way you can fuck up the enemy’s K/D AND you get a crap load of xp cause your team has no idea what to do

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by insanejok3r:
“why VIP is hiding and running to the ends of the map?” it is not logical – VIP will not kill VIP ;)

hahahahahaha i like that, if i become vip while using sniper i turn to pistol and just run towards the enemy like an idiot :)

I think you missed a point here.
It doesn’t matter if you play style is sniping, hiding, rushing or blowing up (your self with grenades), doesn’t matter what is your gun, it could be a tomahawk as well.

If you want more points you need to die as a VIP as fast as possible.

Flag Post

Evac. Lately, I keep getting Lancer against me. And he has all of the big guys with him. And the bigger team.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marine851:

Evac. Lately, I keep getting Lancer against me. And he has all of the big guys with him. And the bigger team.

Cause most people are intimidated by lancer so they join his side for an easier match. XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Cause most people are intimidated by lancer so they join his side for an easier match. XD

What they are, what you and I are intimidated by, is the loss in ratio/ego.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

What they are, what you and I are intimidated by, is the loss in ratio/ego.

I’m not intimidated at all. i can beat his k/d but with less points, or get more points but lower k/d, funny how it works.

Flag Post

meh i randomly choose teams. i don’t see what the purpose is in going to the winning team is. it’s just boring. of course, i’m not the target demographic. the target demographic is players who want to pay money for a competitive advantage. so perhaps most people do go to the winning team… no fun :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by slixtrix:

i don’t see what the purpose is in going to the winning team is

more dying = more respawn time = less kills = less exp points
mystery solved!

Flag Post
Originally posted by insanejok3r:

I think you missed a point here.
It doesn’t matter if you play style is sniping, hiding, rushing or blowing up (your self with grenades), doesn’t matter what is your gun, it could be a tomahawk as well.

If you want more points you need to die as a VIP as fast as possible.

true but if everyone did that they would ban us for farmin :/

Originally posted by slixtrix:

i don’t see what the purpose is in going to the winning team is

more dying = more respawn time = less kills = less exp points
mystery solved!

also are you saying go to the winning team, cause if you do isnt it sometimes less points as your teamates often kill them before you can?

Flag Post

Because pictures speak more than words…

And I just joined. r__r

pictures speaks more than words? take every single game and tell the whole world how many games do you get such things. wait dont take screenies, just take a whole video of people joining as the time progresses. alrite, main point ,during a game, theres movement of people. some come and go. at the start it could be all lvl 20s den some left and some high levels came and just nice is 3 vs 7 or something. so naturally all could only join one side. btw, level dont really matter much here, is just who played longer thats all. please know the difference between amount of time played and skills. plus a big fat factor is who spent money in this game. dont just randomly find things and pick on it.

Flag Post

“dont just randomly find things and pick on it.”

Like what you did? Ok, I will try.

Flag Post

In all MMOs games, players gang up on the winning side. Be it a contract, the need to kill lots of people to level up fast or something else, no one wants to be losing badly AND be outnumbered. So it’s obvious that everyone will pile up on the team with the higher amount of points. When joining a TE game I generally try to measure the potential of teams and join the one with the most chance of winning. It’s just normal.

Flag Post

one solution to this problem is to give an 1.5x exp bonus whenever you are on the losing team (i.e. whichever team has the worse k/d ratio). is users are knowledgeable about this, the exp bonus could probably be tweaked to even out teams in most circumstances.

i’m not really fond of this solution, but i do think it would solve the problem.

Flag Post

More than that, the thing you’re thinking about is called a dynamic xp multiplier, which varies based on the number of players on either side. It’s implemented in some games, and it works well. It’s not even hard to code into a game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YoYoBro93:

More than that, the thing you’re thinking about is called a dynamic xp multiplier, which varies based on the number of players on either side. It’s implemented in some games, and it works well. It’s not even hard to code into a game.

oh. i didn’t know that they use it in other games.

yes, i think something like the dynamic xp multiplier you’re talking about would work well.