Pay2win Wars? (locked)

43 posts

Flag Post

So, I heard about complaints and comments from people on forums and in the game complaining about Contract Wars being a pay2win game. To fully understand about this thing about pay2win in games and to come up with further ideas, I decided to post a forum where people can discuss about this topic. This will create new ideas to not only to Contract Wars, but to other F2P games like Tyrant or Uberstrike.

To start off, here are some points based on my opinions
-Pay to win, in general, is when people buy power using money or micro transactions.
-Contract Wars has been complained as a pay2win game because (but not limited to) its premium guns, tasks with premium guns, and skill points.
-Pay to win can range to harmless or minute(cosmetics) to OP premium items(premium guns better statistically than in-game-cash guns).
-Contract Wars so far have not nerfed or buffed any guns or skills(correct me if I’m wrong)

Please respond to this topic with your opinions and create a friendly discussion around this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sodapenguin:

So, I heard about complaints and comments from people on forums and in the game complaining about Contract Wars being a pay2win game. To fully understand about this thing about pay2win in games and to come up with further ideas, I decided to post a forum where people can discuss about this topic. This will create new ideas to not only to Contract Wars, but to other F2P games like Tyrant or Uberstrike.

-Pay to win, in general, is when people buy power using money or micro transactions.
-Contract Wars has been complained as a pay2win game because (but not limited to) its premium guns, tasks with premium guns, and skill points.
-Pay to win can range to harmless or minute(cosmetics) to OP premium items(premium guns better statistically than in-game-cash guns).
-Contract Wars so far have not nerfed or buffed any guns or skills(correct me if I’m wrong)

Please respond to this topic with your opinions and create a friendly discussion around this.

1. what do you mean “cosmetics”? the closest thing i can think of is profile blocking (which no one does other than by buying the 300k package as far as actual paying.

2. from what i’ve heard, they recently nerfed guaranteed detection (not sure if on purpose or accident to some degree)

3. just because something is better statistically doesn’t necessarily make it OP. ex: the glock shoots so fast it gets easy kills but burns through it’s ammo like it’s nothing so at most it’s semi-nooby.

Flag Post
Originally posted by iamJerbear9:

1. what do you mean “cosmetics”? the closest thing i can think of is profile blocking (which no one does other than by buying the 300k package as far as actual paying.

2. from what i’ve heard, they recently nerfed guaranteed detection (not sure if on purpose or accident to some degree)

3. just because something is better statistically doesn’t necessarily make it OP. ex: the glock shoots so fast it gets easy kills but burns through it’s ammo like it’s nothing so at most it’s semi-nooby.

he’s talking about overall not just in CW.
but nothing is really op. well there is THE noob gun, but nobody cares about the saiga.

Flag Post

The devs have to have some kind of income, so that’s why it has the premium guns etc. BeGone isn’t p2w but they’ve got their own site, and thousands of people go there, so advertisements generate a decent income.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/254-contract-wars/topics/333677-to-dev-guaranteed-detection-skill

, but I am not sure if this is nerfing or bug or feature :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by somerandomn:

The devs have to have some kind of income, so that’s why it has the premium guns etc. BeGone isn’t p2w but they’ve got their own site, and thousands of people go there, so advertisements generate a decent income.

But you don’t really need to make premium guns so OP. Perhaps just a slight difference between CR gun and Premium Gun would be just fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fatboy8898:

But you don’t really need to make premium guns so OP. Perhaps just a slight difference between CR gun and Premium Gun would be just fine.

it is like that

Flag Post

i actually for once disagree with someone who says this is pay to win. I dont disagree that it is pay to win entirely, i just think there is nothing wrong with premium guns. What i have a problem with is stuff like weapon deterioration, and the only way to stop it is with gp, and u can only change your name twice without GP, and some of the regular skills (not boosters, skills) costing gp. Its all this nickel-and-diming that makes me mad. There is no reason i should have to invest sooooo much more money in a gun that I ALREADY PAID FOR!!!!! Its just stupid. Im glad that i had my starter gp so me and Randy could make a clan because that is gp only as well

Flag Post

^
You can earn GP from completing contracts, daily bonuses and lvling up 60+. I’d say that’s pretty generous.

I’ve got both acc and dmg GP skills, bought all 10SPs and made my m4a1 unbrekable without spending a cent on the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaves:

^
You can earn GP from completing contracts, daily bonuses and lvling up 60+. I’d say that’s pretty generous.

I’ve got both acc and dmg GP skills, bought all 10SPs and made my m4a1 unbrekable without spending a cent on the game.

You’re prohibited to farm now. So doing contracts legally is near impossible.

Flag Post

^

good for you, sorry we cant all be as perfect as you. I would like to point out that it takes forever for a regular player, (no boosters, no sitting at the computer for hours on end trying to break a record for highest level achieved in 1 day), it takes forever to get to lvl 60, and the gp bonus is EXTREMELY RARE, and most of the gold contracts that award gold make you spend gold to rent a premium gun.

Flag Post

pay2win wars? MAybe it should be named antifarm-wars feat. contracts.

Flag Post

I agree with shadowassassin because my current gold contract is to get 80 kills with a MP5D6S or whatever and it rewards me 75 gp, but I dont have that gun so I have to stay with that contract till I somehow can achieve it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CoolVenom:

I agree with shadowassassin because my current gold contract is to get 80 kills with a MP5D6S or whatever and it rewards me 75 gp, but I dont have that gun so I have to stay with that contract till I somehow can achieve it.

DUDE, The reason its 75 GP is so you still get 30 profit. You’re not supposed to get all 75GP. I.e 45 GP for one day with the mp5sd6 then you get the 45 back and another 30 profit

Flag Post

imo, this is pay2win. spending gp gives you 50 extra armor + headshot protection, an extra 10% damage, extra skill points (over 20…), etc.

i’m not saying it shouldn’t be pay2win. but to say it isn’t p2win is deceptive. if payers with sufficient funds act intelligently they can nearly double their k/d ratios, if not do better. nearly every person who says it is not pay2win has farmed and played during new year’s and received the new year’s bonus. without farming and the ny bonus or other bonuses, folks are unlikely to get over 300 or so GP until they reach the 60s. and the 20gp boost doesn’t come around that often.

^

please correct me if i’m wrong, but I believe you’ve farmed. that is, you’ve played the game in a way that was NOT intended by devs. you’ve also obtained GP bonuses that many players do not have (e.g. new year bonus). start a new account and play legitimately. then you might be in a position to buttress your argument… if you work at a fast food chain and deal drugs on the side, you can’t say that that fast food chain pays you well. get it?

that said, the devs need money. that’s why it’s pay2win, clans cost gp, etc.

Flag Post

the ENTIRE REASON the mp5sd6 is the FIRST GP contract is because you should beat it before it vanishes all contracts up to that one are fast throughs, so shut up, and get over, not our fault you cant complete the SIMPLEST 3 CONTRACTS IN THE GAME

Flag Post

there’s no reason he should shut up. not every player can invest the time to achieve that contract in the first five days. and those that don’t should not be penalized by being excluded from a key feature of the game, contracts. furthermore, a new player starting out would not know what the second gold contract is, let alone that it requires a premium gun.

in my opinion, charging GP for guns that are required to satisfy contracts, a key element of the game, is a huge design flaw that often drives away non-paying users or leads to farming. i hope it is patched in a future update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by insanejok3r:

the ENTIRE REASON the mp5sd6 is the FIRST GP contract is because you should beat it before it vanishes all contracts up to that one are fast throughs, so shut up, and get over, not our fault you cant complete the SIMPLEST 3 CONTRACTS IN THE GAME

Insane, I started around December, when the game was launched for about a few days. There’s barely any level 20’s for me to do my first gold contract. And now, I’m stuck on the MP5SD6 one. Now, could you quit whining?

Flag Post

this is not a P2W game, is is a P2HTSA (pay to have the slight advantage).

really all you need to this game is a great FPS skill, if you buy premium weapons that does not mean that you have the advantage, someone with the p90 degruv can be beat by the man with the kedr anyday

Flag Post

I wouldn’t call Guranteed detection, 120 armor points + Headshot protection and those 10% damage a slight advantage. And there’s a significant difference between a CR gun and a Premium gun. EG, MK14 EBR CBQ Rifle compare to Scar-L.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t call Guranteed detection, 120 armor points + Headshot protection and those 10% damage a slight advantage. And there’s a significant difference between a CR gun and a Premium gun. EG, MK14 EBR CBQ Rifle compare to Scar-L.

I would. I kill microgem in a few shots when he’s not lagging. He has full armor skills and all damage skills (+25 damage). Also all extra health skills.

Oh yeah GSh-18 is really good with high armor piercing, i killed microgem after he spawned and only used 3 bullets. Must have had luck there and 2 bullets hit his limbs or something. XD

Flag Post

These premium advantages don’t make a weak player good, but they do make a good player better.

Flag Post

Microgem isn’t a weak player, he’s actually pretty good. Regardless of skills, the person that spots the other first and shoots first will usually win. (assuming he’s not a noob that doesn’t know how to make good use of crouch/shift accuracy boost, ADS and recoil)

Flag Post

If he isn’t weak, why would he be pwned by you?

Flag Post

If he isn’t weak, why would he be pwned by you?

When did i say i pwned him? If he sees me first i’m pretty much dead before i can even react like with almost any high-leveled good player. lol