Gunsmith Clan skill +10 dmg

17 posts

Flag Post

I just switched to gunsmith skills and tested out the +10 damage on a friend. It appeared to work, but she has 20 amour so i couldn’t get an accurate reading. I heard this skill wasn’t working properly but it seemed to be in my case. Can anyone verify that this skill works or not?

Flag Post

It works, I used to half people alot in Lighthouse when using my SV but now its a 1 shot 1 kill.

Flag Post

It works, I have it aswell and have noticed a significant difference. rikuu is my IGN if you want to confirm.

Also, did you say she?

edit

Would you like me to do some official testing in the next few days? I possibly could just to confirm.

Flag Post

does it work with Pistols ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MushCW:

My GSh18 has +14 damage, and I don’t have any pistols skills, so I’d assume yes. I haven’t tested it though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hypper0:

My GSh18 has +14 damage, and I don’t have any pistols skills, so I’d assume yes. I haven’t tested it though.

It does work with pistols, I noticed a huge difference in my Glock 18.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownBrother:

excellent info!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kyuss_:
Originally posted by UnknownBrother:

excellent info!

Flag Post

no mate I am serious
I didnt know and appreciate the info

last time I heard the skill did not work at all

;-)

Flag Post

Time to invest some skills on GS rather than Assault now, I tried the new thermal and it’s USELESS except on Bay 5, which is kinda hard to play on due to the “Tunnel” Vision. If it works with pistols… Imagine people with TT and the gunsmith skill… They’ll have +20 Damage T.T

Flag Post

I tried thermals after the update and its SUPER nerfed already, nothing like the older videos. IMO the +10 damage is more worth it than the +10 penetration, but thats cause I rarely use low penetration guns.

Flag Post

My question is does, in the long run, the 10 penetration from the assault class do more than the ten damage from the gunsmith? Considering a lot more higher level players typically have more armor.

Flag Post

My question is does, in the long run, the 10 penetration from the assault class do more than the ten damage from the gunsmith? Considering a lot more higher level players typically have more armor.

I actually don’t know how penetration multiplies damage overall so this is actually a very good question. (I’m a sniper so they have over 60 penetration already)

Flag Post

Damage is almost always going to be better than penetration but thermal while nerfed is still not useless, assault clan skills gives +1 mag as well and the assault tree has arguably the more important skills so people usually have more points in assault than gunsmith anyway.

Flag Post

Each point of penetration does 1% damage through armor, so a 40 penetration gun will do 40% damage through armor.

Flag Post

-

Originally posted by 13259jv:

Each point of penetration does 1% damage through armor, so a 40 penetration gun will do 40% damage through armor.

My G17 (31 dmg and 10 penetation) takes 10 shots on average to kill a armored oponent (from bodyshots) instead of 30-35 (what it would take if that was true)

Flag Post
Originally posted by 13259jv:

I don’t think that’s quite right, there’s an excellent thread that someone made, I’m just not exactly sure where.

Originally posted by pyrogene:

Damage is almost always going to be better than penetration but thermal while nerfed is still not useless, assault clan skills gives +1 mag as well and the assault tree has arguably the more important skills so people usually have more points in assault than gunsmith anyway.

This makes a lot of sense. I think mostly because of the armor in the assault tree. Otherwise all you need are the skills leading up to the damage ones.