Mud And Blood 2 Strategies and Questions page 11

271 posts

Flag Post

What i generally do is put my worst starting soldier really far up with a shotgun on bayonet

Flag Post

STRATEGY: My strategy is to keep your four soldiers, wait until you can afford a officer and a anti-tank soldier (bazooka) then start giving them all ranger training until they are all at about 100 rifles. If there are trees hide your officer and anti-tank solider underneath them, (trees also work also camo nets but are smaller) once they are all around 100 rifles get them each to 20 xp and the officer to 25 xp. Then give them all 200 health points. Every time a tank or jeep shows up either use the command 2,3 or 2,7 and the anti-tank soldier should easily destroy them. SUGGESTIONS: Give every soldier grenades and bayonets, (this will make it a lot easier) also allow them to keep their M1-Grands they get from the ranger training. FEEDBACK: From using this strategy I was able to get the “Guerrilla warfare ribbon” and the “Survival ribbon” I additionally got to wave 112 which was one my highest record. I hope this helps it sure helped me. – Fartsoman

Flag Post

Just a tip, you can build sandbags over trenches and then bunkers over that. So trench, then three sandbags in spots for soldiers, then a bunker with trench at front position of bunker.

Flag Post

I used this guy’s guide.
Overrun at wave 369 but got 31k points in the end.

Note: I played the old downloadable version of the game from the official mud and blood website, but the strategy is applicable in newer versions.
Another Note: My bunker apparently teleported from the center of the map near the trench to near the bottom left in front of the 50 cal. I don’t know why.

The strategy is to use gunners and .50 cal guns to mow down infantry and light vehicles while you micro an engineer to take out the tanks with mines. Meanwhile, snipers and a signaler do their magic at the bottom corners of the map in camnets protected by light armored vehicles (Jeep , Halftrack) and sandbags. I like how he replaced conventional Anti-tank options (ATs, bazookas) with a single engineer in a pillbox.

The advantage of this strategy is that you don’t use units with unpredictable explosive attacks(mortars, bazookas, ATs), thereby, eliminating the risk of blowing your soldiers or structures up when enemies get too close.

Flag Post

I actually discovered this strategy myself and was about to share it, but apparently someone already discovered a highly similar one (see above post). Kinda wish I saw it before I threw together an entire guide for it :p
The troops are different, but the Pillbox/Engineer trick is the same.

Anyways, I don’t want to just toss away my work. So I’ll just leave it here:

It takes 44 TP max to use—and this is only if you start with no bonuses from medals or crates.
It’s cheap and 6-man, but can still cruise you through tons of waves with no harm!

Flag Post

Your AT capability is almost nonexistent. Mines are relatively hard to rely on solely for AT. Recommend swapping out Spec Ops for an RPG soldier.

Flag Post

he he you are all using my guide idea. :)
Won me the Guide of the Month contest @mnb.net as well as gotten front paged on the mnb wiki.
I actually developed this back for the 2.6 patch already as an alternative to using a mass of zookas.
Good job there Lucenian.
Towards your question on the teleporting bunker.
It is a game bug. The destruction of your Radar caused it. It’s debris switch with the bunker and the bunker always goes to the bottom left corner.
(possible) Remedy >> Build more then one Bunker or as soon as the Radar is destroyed cover the debris with a Trench.
Quickly building a Trench over Something (not Trees,Bunker, Pillbox …) causes the previous sprite to get deleted or at least partially deleted/disabled.

Towards petso66 guide. Alone reading “Gunner = Meat Shield” lets me shiver at that.
Alone he will be pinned most of the time and those 2 (Officer’s pistol is out of range) solders down there will never hold out long enough to get a good score unless you get real lucky.
But I give you bonus points for using only 6 men.
Keep up the good work folks.

Flag Post

Some improvements:

Perhaps invest in a camnet for your rear right-side firegroup, and add more gunners and a cam-net to your trenched bunker. Then you can build another trench on the left rear and put some (uncammed) bazookas there. I think the forward pillbox idea is neat. All told, I agree with TetraXFrame in saying you need some more standard AT firepower. Mines are a great option when we’re talking super-late game (waves 300+), but until then some steady AT is required.

Interesting tactic though!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ninjaace:

Won me the Guide of the Month contest @mnb.net as well as gotten front paged on the mnb wiki.
I actually developed this back for the 2.6 patch already as an alternative to using a mass of zookas.
Good job there Lucenian.
It is a game bug. The destruction of your Radar caused it. It’s debris switch with the bunker and the bunker always goes to the bottom left corner.
(possible) Remedy >> Build more then one Bunker or as soon as the Radar is destroyed cover the debris with a Trench.
Quickly building a Trench over Something (not Trees,Bunker, Pillbox …) causes the previous sprite to get deleted or at least partially deleted/disabled.

Good job on making the guide if you were really the author. As someone has already said in the forums, your strategy takes the concept of battlefield control to the next level. It has an answer to every major threat in the game.

-Infantry: Easily taken out by gunners, snipers, and .50 cal machine gun fire.
-Snipers and infiltrators: Taken out by mines and snipers.
-Enemy Support: Only occur on the top portion of the map where troops are protected by either the bunker or pillbox. Can also be negated by your signaler.
-Light vehicles: Mowed down by machine gun fire.
-Armored vehicles/Tanks: Easily taken out by mines or TNT. Mines be cost effective, 3 explosions each of which can kill multiple units for one tactical point. Meanwhile, TNT can be acquired for free from pioneers.
-Brandenburg Blitz: One of the deadliest blitz waves that can be encountered. It is much less of a problem since your troops are concentrated and protected on the bottom corners of the map.

Plus, your strategy of pausing to deny enemy units a chance to do damage as they’re blown up by mines has saved me more than a few times. Thanks for the insight on that bug btw.

Flag Post

hey guys, I’m a new player of MnB2. I have a gameplay question.

How do you deploy AAA guns and do they fire from under camnets/other defensive buildings?

Flag Post

Purchase an AA gun and.. place it?

And yes, the AA gun is unaffected by everything except camnets, Sandbags and Pillboxes (if memory serves)
They are not added to unit count while under a camnet, have explosive resistance under sandbags and can not shoot through a pillbox.

Flag Post

Thankyou for replying.. I checked again after you replied and saw that its description starts as a 20mm cannon which is why I missed it earlier.

Another noobish question, a trench is basically a cubical hole in the ground, so in this game for my troops to gain the protection of the trench, to they have to be entirely inside the rectangle hole area or standing anywhere on the mud or edge of the rectangle gives them the protection?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ishu_bagaria:

Thankyou for replying.. I checked again after you replied and saw that its description starts as a 20mm cannon which is why I missed it earlier.

Another noobish question, a trench is basically a cubical hole in the ground, so in this game for my troops to gain the protection of the trench, to they have to be entirely inside the rectangle hole area or standing anywhere on the mud or edge of the rectangle gives them the protection?

Not sure exactly of its size, but it DOES give defence bonuses even if they dont appear to be ‘in’ it. Best bet would be to keep them inside the general sprite of the trench.

Flag Post

I see. Ok, Question 3: what kind of weapon upgrades can I give to units other than soldiers? There are many options for soldiers starting from shotguns to BARs depending on the range but I don’t know if I can upgrade the weapons of my machinegunners, snipers, engineers, officers, etc. Also, I see my medic carries a pistol but I’ve never seen him shoot it. Do medics attack ever?

Flag Post

Any soldier apart from the following can have their weapon upgraded:
Officer
Medic
Gunner
Crewman
Sniper
Bazooka
Flamethrower
Mechanic

Thats all I can list off the top of my head. Be warned though that if you change the Engineer or Spec Ops weapon you’ll be unable to get his old one back.

Medics will NEVER shoot a weapon under any circumstances

Flag Post

What can I use flame throwers for? I don’t call for them but they sometimes appear in crates or in the starting party when I play hasty defence and I don’t know what the best use is for them.

Flag Post

Honestly? hit 2-0 and Tactical Withdraw them. Speaking from personal experience, Flamers are worse than useless. Short range, ineffective against vehicles, dodgy BBQ rates make them pretty bad in general.

Flag Post

take it from a pro, here are some links to some of the dozens of guides i’v written . these are some of the more current ones that still work on this version .

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/26-mud-and-blood-2/topics/296720-how-to-get-to-waves-95-127-compatable-with-no-ribbions-or-close-protection

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/26-mud-and-blood-2/topics/316753-tell-use-your-strategy

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/26-mud-and-blood-2/topics/321174-para-challenge-guide-with-pictures

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lucenian:
Originally posted by ninjaace:

Good job there Lucenian.

TNT can be acquired for free from pioneers.

O.O I did not know that.

Flag Post

One of my favorite strategies will consistently get me to wave 60, easily. Then it depends on the type of blitz that comes. I start out with the 12 points but no soldiers, “close protection”. Landscape doesn’t matter. Get an dapper engineer, a commando, and a signaler. I have West Point commendation so I usually start out with an officer as well. Use the signaler to pick up crates to get his xp up. He should become a stud so arty calls get sent quicker. Use ur engineer to build three bunkers. One exactly in the middle of the battlefield. And two more slightly back, on on each flank. Put a .30 gunner or .60 gunner in each. They will pick off ad slow down the mass waves of panzer grenadiers. Put ur officer in one bunker, ur signaler in one, and ur commando in the most forward one. Put ur Sapper in one of the rears and get a medic to put in the ther rear bunker. Switch ur troops around so enemy spotters cannot accurately kill ur best troops. Use ur signaler to kill enemy airplanes. Have ur Sapper build a mud wall in the back to hide ur antenna. Then save up points for a tank, or a mortar With a pit or a half track with an anti tank gun to put in center of bunker wall. If u can get the tank without getting any serious casualties, ull b golden. Good luck.

Flag Post

Dont know if anyone has used this strategy, if your a low level player (start with four soldiers)
:1 get an engineer
:2 get two gunners
:3 build bunker slightly above the center of the map and put gunners in it
:4 build a cam net at the bottom left or right side of the map and put everyone but your gunners in it
:5 get an officer
:6 get one or two bazookas
:7 get a slow rate fire cannon
:8 do whatever you like

this strategy generally gets my to wave 150 and its good fun :)