Is the game now to difficult?

44 posts

Flag Post

I have much respect for Urbz for always updating the game, but has he finally made the game to difficult? With this most recent update, I find the game to be more overwhelming than fun. What are your opinions?

Flag Post

in what way do you find it overwhelming?

Bazookas were improperly patched, so a buff for them is on the way.

Flag Post

Definitely too difficult !!! And too unfair !!!
The fun is almost gone …

Flag Post

Unfair
Random
Brutality

Flag Post

There are some good beginner guides around. Definitely worth a try, even if you are not a beginner:

http://tinyurl.com/beginners-guide-lance
http://tinyurl.com/beginners-guide-tazaraki
http://tinyurl.com/beginners-guide-soger

You can also peruse the winners of the Strategy of the Month contests:

http://tinyurl.com/wiki-sotm

Failing that, just post the specific things you are having difficulty with (infiltrators, friendly fire, etc.) and someone will help you out.

Flag Post

the flak makes it way too hard for me now, some spawning on wave ONE

Flag Post
Originally posted by Brichess2:

the flak makes it way too hard for me now, some spawning on wave ONE

And your point is? It’s Unfair Random Brutality. All of those imply we might give you a wespe blitz on wave 1.

Flag Post

Random doesn’t implying 50% of the time, that’s more of a set statistic. Unfair set statistic brutality doesn’t have the same ring to it…

Flag Post

I wouldt say its to hard, i lasted until wave 95 when all my defences was blown up by a wespe. Then i had my gunner in a bunker, a medic, an officer and an AT gun. They got me all they way to wave 115 and i lost my AT. And my gunner kept on for a few waves by taking out their infantry, and their wespes took care of the rest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by siraidan9:

Random doesn’t implying 50% of the time, that’s more of a set statistic. Unfair set statistic brutality doesn’t have the same ring to it…

So you’re saying that a troop of Americans would never be completely and utterly destroyed by a German force? Because well, it happens. Besides. I’ve made it to wave 100 without encountering vehicles other than Blitz Wagons.

Originally posted by Askox:

I wouldt say its to hard, i lasted until wave 95 when all my defences was blown up by a wespe. Then i had my gunner in a bunker, a medic, an officer and an AT gun. They got me all they way to wave 115 and i lost my AT. And my gunner kept on for a few waves by taking out their infantry, and their wespes took care of the rest.

Notice the point of the game.
Unfair.
Random.
Brutality.

Notice the unfair and random parts.

Flag Post

I just got a wave 34 tiger tank, flak, and about 20 assorted troops =D

Flag Post

URB like brutalized said. If you guys think you can make better I would love to see you try if you think its to hard stop playing my 12 year old little brother is able to get to wave 100 he took down two tiger tanks So stop friggen complaining :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dserra:

URB like brutalized said. If you guys think you can make better I would love to see you try if you think its to hard stop playing my 12 year old little brother is able to get to wave 100 he took down two tiger tanks So stop friggen complaining :P

The game really isn’t that hard once you find a strategy that works for you. Even with the new 2.2.3g patch and all included URB, I’ve survived to wave 1033.

Flag Post

Because you just overkill everything you do… -

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathbringer23:

Because you just overkill everything you do… -

Flag Post

not complaining or being a wimp over here, but i did notice that, back in the old days when halftracks just came out, wave 100 was not hard… 200 was a decent challenge, and 300 was a lucky deploy and lucky waves. It is a lot harder, but i still love this damn game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ruff666:

not complaining or being a wimp over here, but i did notice that, back in the old days when halftracks just came out, wave 100 was not hard… 200 was a decent challenge, and 300 was a lucky deploy and lucky waves. It is a lot harder, but i still love this damn game.

200+ wave games was generally why URB amped up the difficulty a bit. After all, the VC’s supposed to be hard to get, right?

Me personally, I prefer using the old version you can download from mudandblood.net, version 2.6a, I think. The difficulty isn’t balls to the wall hard (no Pak38’s on wave 1, that’s just……….extreme) but it’s not easy, either. I mean, how am I supposed to kill a Pak38 on wave 2 if all I have is infantry?

Flag Post

Actually, if I remember correctly, the spawn rate of a pak-38 on wave 1 is the same in 2.2.6a as it is now in 2.3.1g.

Flag Post

i do miss the double bunker placement with that tactic i got mnb cross kind off easily but it still isn’t that hard to get a wave 100 average

Flag Post

the addition of the goliath and the 20mm rape gun makes it fucking impossible to set up a decent defense. If you have bunkers to counteract all the fucking arty units like paks and rape guns then they will send 3 goliath blitzes in a row at you like they did with me >:l

Flag Post

I know this is likely the wrong spot to stick this, but what’s new in MnB2? I think I left around 2.2.7b to go play Minecraft… lolz. Anyway, my save file got erased on my way to VC, so I gotta start over again. Sounds like there’s some significant changes in the latest patches… Anyone care to elaborate? (Brutalized, specifically :D)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Schematics:

I know this is likely the wrong spot to stick this, but what’s new in MnB2? I think I left around 2.2.7b to go play Minecraft… lolz. Anyway, my save file got erased on my way to VC, so I gotta start over again. Sounds like there’s some significant changes in the latest patches… Anyone care to elaborate? (Brutalized, specifically :D)

Hey, welcome back!
Most of the updates in version 2.3 are listed here: http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/index.php?title=Patch_2.3

Most notably:
-A new deployment option
-Two new blitzes
-A few new german units
-Bazooka nerf
-Tiger buff
-Huge paratrooper buff
-An AT mine
-Slight gunner nerf
-Double bunkers are impossible now
-Sherman options added

Flag Post

My biggest problem with the game is the Sd. Kfz. 222. Seemingly innocuous, but whenever I get to around wave 110, one will spawn next to one of my command posts, and all of my AT will invariable destroy one of my two command posts. This makes it very hard to last; it’s happened several times now. I don’t know if there’s a good way to avoid this problem?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Isaire:

My biggest problem with the game is the Sd. Kfz. 222. Seemingly innocuous, but whenever I get to around wave 110, one will spawn next to one of my command posts, and all of my AT will invariable destroy one of my two command posts. This makes it very hard to last; it’s happened several times now. I don’t know if there’s a good way to avoid this problem?

Die before wave 110.

Flag Post

^ +1. Easy for you to say, when you’ve got to over wave 1000 XD