piwo/mugrubers guide on how to get 100+ waves

17 posts

Flag Post

Thing’s you should know.

1. soldiers with low moral tend to get pinned faster than those with high moral.
  2. soldiers with high moral tend to shot more.
    #3when you place any other soldier in a bunker besides gunner there fire rate dramatically gets reduced.
    #4soldiers inside bunker have a higher chance of being set on fire.
    #5i believe trench’s help your regular and gunner’s fire rate.i will check.

los ( line of sight)
only a mortar with aide of an scout can see past ( pillbox’s,trees,rocks,palisades).
any obstacle in any other units way will cause a blind spot.

wspe fire below the 50% line.so it would make sense to put your bunker above the 50% line. so that the wspe shell’s do not land on your bunker.

it is all so a good idea to put a trench inside the bunker with a sand bag to help prevent your soldier from getting pinned down or injured;all so meat shields are very useful for this kind of thing’s.

trench’s are indestructible offer some bullet protection.( aim n/a)but if placed inside a bunker it will help kill your guy’s in a case of an explosion.
normally 1-2 snipers that are 50+ exp can easily counter sniper blitz.
snipers do not shoot very well inside trenches. cam-nets do not affect snipers rate of fire .

Came nets zook’s ( bazooka’s cannot fire under cam-nets unless ordered to)mortars cannot fire under cam nets.

m3ats and zooks and tank’s and 75mm can destroy tanks’ same with mines.

compatible with {normal deploy } Okay what i do is this start the game using ( normal deploy) When the game starts move your 4 free *gi’s 51% up the map unless there are to many rock’s/ trees.Once this is done i wait till i can get *gunner (4tp) . once i get a gunner you should move him 51% Up the map,onces you have done this it is time to save for an *engineer (4 tp). then bring him 51% up the map then you should save up for the bunker ( 5tp ) picture #1 show’s were you should place the bunker. Tip hit space bar to pause the battle field { battle pause } is the message it will show.(the pause the battle field is 50% up the map place your bunker right above the middle part of the E and and the circular part of the P. once this has been achieved place 2 gi’s in front of the gunner and build a bunker . after you have done this get a sniper 1 or 2 its your choice . after this is done build a pillbox on the very top of the enemy map as close as you can get it but in the center of the end of them then put 2 engineers in it make it .5 inch’s away from the edge and then when ever you see a tank AT mine it this should get you to at least wave 100. oh add a sand bag inside the bunker with a meat shield and if your gi’s haven’t died by wave 20 get ride of them Except for 1 ( use him as a meat shield…)

summary

get enginner 2
get bunker 1/2
put sand bag in bunker put at least 51% of the map in the center
put 1 gi inside the bunker infront of the gunner
get gunner 1
send other gi’s back or have them advance to the next map.
you should have 1 engineer and 1 guner 1 gi’( total men 3)
then get 1 sniper ( total men 4 )
get pillbox .5 inches in the center of the edge of the enemy side map.
get 1 more engineer ( total men 5 )
put that engineer inside the pillbox with the other engineer and get ready to mine tank’s.

you can buy 1 more person of your choice .personally i get 1 more engineer and put him in my bunker so i can mine tank’s below him. and if one of the other engineers get burned by v1-or flamer i still have a chance.
that keep’s it at 6 men and you should get to at least 100 – 120 at least i do ( with aid of the 6% boost aim)
if a flamer come’s along…WHAT EvER YOU do don’T let it get near your bunker…even if he is like 2 inch’s away your men still will catch on fire if you kill him.

i am personally using this to try and achieve these
(http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/index.php?title=Meritorious_Unit_Commendation ) (http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mud_and_Blood_Cross)

here are some game pictures i got on kong :

1. na
  2. na
  3. http://i.imgur.com/To2Jv.png wave 127
  4. http://i.imgur.com/LrQ4L.png gibbed santa !!!!!only took me till wave 146 to see his fat jolly ass.it gave me free ranger training (1time per game)
  5. http://i.imgur.com/e41cG.png i got to wave 151 set a high score of the day _
close protection/proper planing guide.

so buy 2 gunner’s and 1 engineer and build 2 bunkers and 1 pillbox then get 1 more engineer and 1 sniper .have the engineer build mines all the way up both sides of the map on the bottom part to help prevent skf’s. then send that engineer up to the pill box ( 2) engineers in side the pillbox one on either side so you can mine tank’s so to sum it up its basically like the normal deploy guide but its just more secure you shouldn’t use meat shield’s on this guide though . just hero-isum so you could have 5-6 depending on what you get. i recomend when you get your gunners to 100 moral to send your commander back ( if he dies your engineers may run thus <——-u lose :)

i have played 12 games using this strategy,the first 5 were using normal deploy i was getting ~ 105-120 then when i got to close protection i have started getting an average of 120-150 waves.

if you looked at my pic’s you will see that i have 2 bunkers with 1 gunner in each ( i do this 4 unfair event’s ) lol they seem to land between the 2 bunkers now or on the pill box. but again thats why i started using 2 gunners cause if and when he dies you will have 1 back up.

Flag Post

I would like to add that giving any soldier that has at least 35 rifle a BAR machine gun will give awesome support :D

Flag Post

Scouts can be useful. They walk as fast as a jeep, so fetchers are a good job for them. They have an M1 Carbine, which brings firepower to the battlefield. Their ability to see the next wave is very useful, so you can send your men out and not get shot. Piwo, I would recommend giving your best shot an M1 Garand. With that, the Krauts are screwed. ;D

Flag Post

m1 grand is better choice cheeper But if i really was you i would get http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/index.php?title=Meritorious_Unit_Commendation

( gives your most of your men m1grand’s ) witch is nice vs spring field .

this is a link on how to back up your game.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/26-mud-and-blood-2/topics/307295-savegame-backup-instructions-and-troubleshooting

Flag Post

this is the best strategy for regular deploy:Hi everyone. Whilst I’m new to this forum, I’m not new to MNB. I’ve been with the game since the beginning, left it for a while, and it grew to this….

End of intro . I’ve noticed quite a few tactics out there for getting the VC, but with the recent patch that doesn’t let zookas fire from cam nets, most have become obsolete and do not work anymore, no offence to the creators. I searched for something recent that ultilises standard deployment, but to no avail. Therefore, I present you my own tactic

End of intro, for real.

The actual strategy

A USEFUL TIP FOR THE STRATEGY AND IN GENERAL: DOWNED SOLDIERS (LESS THAN 10 HP) DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR ACTIVE SOLDIER COUNT, I.E. THEY DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE 6-MAN-RULE OR ANY OTHER THING. This tip has been proven correct. Note that with this tactic, unfair evens tend to happen more often (I didn’t get that many before). This is likely due to the fact that the Nazis hate my tactic because it’s awesome. I’ve recieved unfair events regardless of how many soldiers weren’t under cam nets.

Requirements:

Nothing but base knowledge of MnB, and a bit of luck. Everything else is optional.

Units and structures this strategy is going to use and approximate amounts:

Necessary:

Engineer ( 4 TPs ). Amount: 1. Needed for construction
Officer ( 3 TPs ). Amount: 1. Needed to remove Germans and for his “Focus Fire” command.
ATs (8 TPs ). Amount: 4. Anti – Vehicle and Infantry gibbing
Sniper (6 TPs ). Amount: 1. Anti – Sniper and Anti – Infantry. I think they may target Infiltrators as well.
Machinegunner ( 4 TPs ). Amount: 2. Anti – Infantry
Medic ( 3 TPs ). Amount: 4. They will act as Meatshields and will heal troops.
Soldier ( 0 TPs, your starting units ). Amount: 4.
Bunker ( 5 TPs ). Amount: 1
Trench ( 2 TPs ). Amount: 1
Camnet ( 5 TPs ). Amount: 4
Mines ( 1 TP ). Amount: 4

Total unit count: 17

Optional:

Engineer ( 4 TPs ). Amount: 1
Signaller ( 3 TPs ). Amount: 1
Sandbag wall ( Made by engineer) ( 1 TP ). Amount: 1
Sniper ( 6 TPs ). Amount: 1
Barbed Wire ( 1 TP ). Amount: 1 to Any, replacements will be needed.
Mines ( 1 TP ). Amount: Any
Any other unit of your choice that does not impair the AT’s ability to fire and can be fit under the camnets.

Total unit count: 3

Start off with Regular Deploy ( Press the Deploy button )

Note: Do not worry if you can’t catch up to these instructions. It’s the order in which you do them that matters, if you follow this order / pattern of instructions, the game should go well.

Waves 1 to 12:

> Find a mostly clear field, or atleast one that has few (if any) obstacles on the lower part of the map. (Lower part in this case means below the center line).
> If you can’t, clear what you have with TNT.
> Arrange your soldiers in a horizontal line on the top of the field, preferrably a bit above the mute button. Make sure there’s some space between them. It doesn’t need to be regular, and the line doesn’t have to be perfect. If you have an officer, place him behind your line of soldiers.
> Get an engineer and place him in the middle of the line, alongside your soldiers.
> Build a trench on and slightly above the center line. Build a bunker on the trench. Its top corners should be in the trench and above the center line, ideally.
> Buy a machinegunner when you have enough TP and place him in the trench, preferrably on one of the corners. It will work better if the gunner has approximately 30 rifle skill, but at this moment anything goes.
> If you have a free officer from the ribbon, tactical retreat your worst soldier. If you do not have the ribbon, make him (your worst soldier) walk to the top so that only he advances to the next field to get rid of him. If one (or more) of your soldiers, excluding the engineer, is killed, ignore this step. If your engineer is killed, get another one.
> Get a second machinegunner and place him in the bunker alongside the other machinegunner ( called gunners from now on ), preferrably on the other corner. Both machinegunners should also be in the trench.

What to do if Arty / other support decides to come early:

1) Pray that it doesn’t hit your soldiers
2) Move them in the bunker (or trench, if you have built anything.

Optional:

1) Die

What to do if flak decides to come early:

1) Move soldier slightly in front of it. Enemy and friendly AT guns can shoot themselves if the enemy is close enough. If you have your soldier on the edge of the graphic ( near or on the barrel ) there is a chance that the flak / AT will shoot itself and you will sustain much less damage than if you were standing on the thing instead, perhaps even live.

2) Pray that your gunners and soldiers kill the crew quickly if the flak is not dead in 20 seconds or so.

Optional:

1) Die

Waves 13 to 39:

> Buy camnet and place on the lower left corner of the screen and move all your men ( excluding gunners ) under the camnet.
> Buy a medic and send him in the bunker, between the two gunners.
> Buy an officer and a sniper and put them under the camnet.
> Buy your first AT cannon. Fit it under your camnet. No damage from it firing to nearby soldiers yet.
> If something bad happens before you get AT or / and officer, check what to do in each case from the "list " on the 1 to 7 waves instructions.

Optional:

1) Send Engineer into bunker and build barbed wire in front of it, so infiltrators will have a hard time CQCing your gunners.
2) Build a sandbag wall with your engineer in front of your camnet for goliath protection

Waves 40 to 75:

> Buy 3 more medics. Send the two to the bunker and place them in front of your gunners for meatshields and place the other under the camnet to heal the troops there.
> Buy 1 AT gun, place it under a camnet on the opposite corner ( width ). Use an engineer to place mines on the left and on the right side of the bunker. Try to cover from the sides of the bunker down to the camnet level. 1 pair on either side will get you by. If you want, place more. It is strongly adviced but not recommended to use atleast 3 mines ( I mean, buy the 3-pack of mines 3 times ) on either side. Note that the engineer should not have to go above the center line to plant the mines.
> If something bad in the form of a vehicle happends, concentrate fire. If it’s a WESPE, and you followed this guide, you should have 5 men above the center line. This will cause the WESPE to fire only on the top half, effectively ****ing the **** out of its fellow Nazis. WESPEs are no longer a threat. If the bad thing is in the form of an unfair event, hope and pray. I’ve survived those, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. I’m really unlucky at times.

This is after a V1 blitz. Fraps didn’t want to take a screenie, so by the time I pressed Print Screen the explosions disappeared. Most went on the top of the screen, no casualties, cam net down. One enemy soldier burned.

Waves 75 to 97:

> Buy two more ATs, arrange them on the bottom of the screen so that they can fire, and have an engineer build camnets over them.
> Concentrate fire on anything really bad coming your way.

Really unlucky here. Wespe nearly wiped me out, but my AT cannons offered me another chance.

Waves 96 to 109:

> It’s really simple. If you didn’t quite finish building everything, get on with it.
> Heroism gunners. They will draw sniper fire more often than your officer, if they’ve gotten the rifle skill.
> Heroism officer. Make sure he doesn’t die.
> Ranger train your sniper and remove his grenades.

Friendly fire is terrible. Same with soldiers from crates. This is just to show that I’ve survived the worst and yet got a good score with this tactic. Note that if something like this happens, you should focus on getting your soldiers under surviving camnets and repairing everything before building more things. Heroism your best soldiers above all.

Remember, even if the worst happens…

This strategy will most likely take you to atleast wave 100. It’s a big claim to make, but I’ve had just about everything thrown at me the second time, and I managed it. This game represented by the screenie ended at wave 106.

Waves 110 and above:

> Nothing more is really needed, just you paying attention to the game for that concentrate fire etc. When the AT guns get some serious exp and gun skill, you’ll need nothing else. TP should slowly start to overflow.
> Improve the guns of the soldiers you started off with, if any are still alive.
> Improvise and improve as needed.

Optional:

1) Get a signaller and spam sitreps to get the ribbon, and keep him just in case you need support.
2) Build more sandbags to protect troops, or trenches, or even .50 cal guns if you like.

The rewards:

> I have gotten to wave 189 with this, when I lost the will to play anymore. TP was overflowing for a few waves, and if you’re smart, adaptive and a bit lucky, with this strategy you’ll always have some TP in your pockets for replacements. What I mean to say, this allows for a long game.

> I have gotten the Manuevre Ribbon, Survival Ribbon, Combat Ribbon, Medal of Honour and up to Silver Star following a bazooka variation of this strategy with a new profile. The last game I played ( with this strategy ) gave me the Gold Star and Tank Killer ribbons ( I got the Tank Killer because of the enemy WESPEs. They were blowing themselves up, especially when I got their blitz. I think I got that once or twice).

> Immense pleasure because little needs to be done on your part, and you can hear the lovely sound of your AT guns blowing the enemy up to little pieces.

> I earned westpoint commandation ribbon ( free officer ) from the third game.

> You can laugh at Unfair Events and get used to them.

> You can marvel at Friendly Fire WESPEs if you’re lucky.

Extra Notes:

> I used a medic to get the crates. They’re fast, they don’t fire at the enemy and don’t engage in CQC. No need for the officer to do much.
> End statistics: I got to wave 188 or 189 on my first try, and deliberately lost, and I managed to get to wave 106 on the second one, when I was considerably more unlucky. I’d say this strategy is a good one. I’ve survived V1 blitzes at wave 57, unfair events about there too and soldiers getting lucky shots.

Bad scenarios:

> If your officer dies, immediately replace him
> Do not replace engineer unless you need him for camnets
> If your bunker gets blown, immediately send your engineer to build another one
> If your gunners die, replace them, and save up 5 TPs for ranger training. If they die at the same time, prepare for a last stand
> If you lose units, replace them in order of importance ( Gunners > AT guns > Officer > Sniper > Everything else)
> Everyone loses at times. The goal with this is to either reach 100+ waves, either to be lucky and get 150+ waves.

Making a last stand:
This is what to do if your bunkers are blown, gunners die and are irreplaceable, arty or something took almost all your troops because of hits / morale.

> Send your surviving engineer (or buy one) to the bottom of the screen, roughly in the middle.
> Group your remaining units around the engineer, apart from the remaining gunners, if any, snipers and AT guns.
> Put them all under a camnet, surviving or build one.
> Build up some TP and call in signaller, if you haven’t already.
> Call air support when needed.

Optional:

> Place a few mines round the bunker / trench for extra safety.

Statistics:
1st attempt: 189 waves
2nd attempt: 106 waves
3rd attempt: 88 – 89 waves
4th attempt: 120 or so waves

Blitzes:

The only one you need to worry about is the brandenburg blitz, simply because of their sheer number and proximity to the bottom of the screen. V1 is a bad blitz too, but not necessarily a game ender.

Credits: Rhyn0, Supersniper, and Machinegunner246. Everyone’s strategy ( ESPECIALLY Machinegunner’s and Supersniper’s) helped inspire me. Infact, most of my strategy is based on Machinegunners. Thanks to all.

Please, comments, constructive criticism (It’s my first post, my first tactic, my first attempt at humor inside a tactic, the first post I’ve wasted… erm, spent about two hours writing and many more besides. Trying my tactic and giving feedback is greatly appreciated.
i copied this fom mnb website

Flag Post

i would allso like to add when you achieve close protection you can EASILY GET TO WAVE 100 with out losing a man.( unless your not paying attention ) <—-using my guide

here are some of my game pic’s.

http://i.imgur.com/szsLs.png ( 164 wave )
http://i.imgur.com/vG4jb.png ( just a pick of me being lazy on the battle field ) i got to wave 133 on this.
http://i.imgur.com/P7iBa.png ( <——-my stats just incase yall wanna see if im lieing)
http://i.imgur.com/xghG5.png ( wave 161 ) died on this wave and lost.
http://i.imgur.com/To2Jv.png ( wave 127)
http://i.imgur.com/LrQ4L.png ( wave 146 )
http://i.imgur.com/e41cG.png ( wave 151) died that round.
http://i.imgur.com/DOefb.png ( piwo’s pic )
http://i.imgur.com/SqZkj.png (16th game stats) wave 187
http://i.imgur.com/6gy4N.png ( 20th game stats) wave 157

Flag Post
Originally posted by piwo:

I would like to add that giving any soldier that has at least 35 rifle a BAR machine gun will give awesome support :D

Hmmm, I can either give a soldier a B.A.R, or give 3 soldiers M1s….>.> Tbh, the B.A.R is expensive as fck, I don’t think anyone even uses it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6thgraderhere:

Hmmm, I can either give a soldier a B.A.R, or give 3 soldiers M1s….>.> Tbh, the B.A.R is expensive as fck, I don’t think anyone even uses it.

I usually keep my people with Springfields. They’ve got better range, damage, basically everything over the Garand.

I normally only give BARs to my people with at least 25 exp; they take forever to reload before then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:
Originally posted by 6thgraderhere:

I usually keep my people with Springfields. They’ve got better range, damage, basically everything over the Garand.

I normally only give BARs to my people with at least 25 exp; they take forever to reload before then.

Still don’t see the point on getting that B.A.R, you could get a .50 for 6 TP too :/

Flag Post

6th :O i yesterday i got to wave 234 with my new guide today 294 :O going to upload pics _ muggy tis be onto something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 5mugruber8:

6th :O i yesterday i got to wave 234 with my new guide today 294 :O going to upload pics _ muggy tis be onto something.

Or, it’s just luck >.>

Flag Post

nah keep getting an average of 200 :) _ one thing i’v noticed , is that 2-3 100exp snipers can hold an army off :) + 4 m3ats _ lol this is with a different guide though _ one i haven’t posted yet _ though i can tell u the wave count iv gotten with it :) .195,196,200,2014,2010,223,237,254 ,271,193,294,156,166,173,196

Flag Post

nah keep getting an average of 200 :) one thing i’v noticed , is that 2-3 100exp snipers can hold an army off :) + 4 m3ats lol this is with a different guide though one i haven’t posted yet though i can tell u the wave count iv gotten with it :) .195,196,200,2014,2010,223,237,254 ,271,193,294,156,166,173,196

>.> Show me your secrets…

Flag Post

get 2 gunners 2 bunker 50% up field, then get 4m3ats put them in the middle of the field ( bottom part ) cam net them …about it .

Flag Post

get 2 gunners 2 bunker 50% up field, then get 4m3ats put them in the middle of the field ( bottom part ) cam net them …about it .

But the trick is hoarding in that TP without getting raped >.>

Flag Post

You really have to toss away extra soldiers? I heard about the rule of 6 soldiers, but why this isn’t specified at the very basic information of the game?

Isn’t better to use the other game modes, like 4 random units? I’ve just got a free spec op =)

Whats the use of cam net, if they get destroyed few waves after placed at the field? Finally, cannons count as soldiers? If yes, isn’t better to have just them?

Flag Post

probelm with 4 random units is you could get all medics / frenchies or flamers ..happens alot . not the best idea. sometimes u get lucky other times u don’t . why risk it ?