Mud and blood 2 tactics page 2

51 posts

Flag Post

dont put anything that requires you to be at like start with 4 spec ops option or close protection or anything like that put something that will help new people

Flag Post

i always add a gunner in the beggining.. at about wave 30, if he hasnt died, hell start shooting multiple target.
around wave 50, he should have 100xp, and become overpowering….. have him in a bunker though bcus the rare german sniper will have a field day with this one

Flag Post

1)place one man on top of field to the right 2)place 2 on top of field to left 3) have 1 man stay in the back of battlefield to left or right (never middle) 4)save money up to ten 5)buy officer ,buy medic,buy signaller 6) save leftover point for one 1 speacial operations soldier 7) save money to buy engineer 8) kill all german nazis

Flag Post

then ur on a freaking roll

Flag Post

:)

Flag Post

any thoughts on my tactic?

Flag Post

ill come back tomarrow to view ur thoughts

Flag Post

This strat here owns: http://www.urbanprophet.com/Nuke/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1490

Flag Post
Originally posted by ScrinCult:

This strat here owns: http://www.urbanprophet.com/Nuke/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1490

…. that was for 2.2.2e Now we have version 2.2.3s

Flag Post

for me, I always go random action, refresh until you got a good mix. Never fight with frenchies, they really suck. For stratagy, I do 2 trenches and a bunker. Capt, sig and engineer in bunker. Usually put a morter in sandbags behind one trench. Hope this helps.

Flag Post

Some handy ideas to help out new players I am on level 140 right now and still going with 85 TP points sitting in reserve
- NOTE you do not use a trench or upgrade any troops with this build instead you push for tank right off the start
- After you level up in rank once start with random troops and restart until you have 2/4 of your starting troops special ops or snipers and that they have a high rifle skill
- push your troops off the top of the map (advance) this gives you one free TP for each advance do this until you have a clear map with no cover then position your troops right along the back
- Get a Tank and position in front of you troops far enough that if a grenade hits the tank your troops do not get hit
- Get 2 spec. op and 2 snipers then save TP until you can buy both Officer and Signaler and have 1 extra TP to use Air Superiority. BY KEEPING TROOP COUNTS BELOW 6 THE GERMANS WILL NOT USE AIR RAIDS so when you build your 6th unit you better have a way of dealing with air raids
-Once you have your row of tanks up and have signaler get 3-4 officers as they will randomly remove enemies from next wave and give you extra TP’s
**Now begin building the formation of troops I posted below and enjoy!

====TT = is clear area
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= o is a land mine
==o=o=o=o=o=o== TT is tank
==== ==== BB
==== BB is bunker with gunner TT==
=BB=TT=TT=TT== X is Sniper
=BB=== S is Special Op
S=F=S=F=S=F=S= F is Officer
=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

*note engineers, medics, and signalers are also in the back area behind the tanks
DO NOT FORGET ABOUT BUILDING 3-4 OFFICERS YOU WILL NEED THE EXTRA TP TO REPLACE YOUR TANKS

Flag Post

RE POST OF ABOVE MAP
====TT
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=
==o=o=o=o=o=o==
==== TT==
=BB=TT=TT=TT==
=BB===
S=F=S=F=S=F=S=
=X=X=X=X=X=X=X

= is clear area
o is a land mine
TT is tank
BB is bunker with gunner
BB
X is Sniper
S is Special Op
F is Officer
*note engineers, medics, and signalers are also in the back area behind the tanks

Flag Post

1.get an combat enginer,medic and oficer
2.build mortal pit,and get how many mortals!
them are really usefull to kill everithing.

Flag Post

Ofc if you are a low rank, then engineers w/ trenches are a nice bet.

Flag Post

dont touch your men at the start of the game. wait till you have 9 points, make engineer, rush up to near the center and make a bunker. put engi in there. build a trench beside the bunker and put your 4 regular in there. make another trench on the other side and even out your soldiers. buy 2 gunners as soon as possible and put them in your bunker. after a while make a mortar hole and put 2 mortar men in there. if a tank comes, make a zooka. easy done

Flag Post

basically advance to second map by getting as far up the feild as posable and asap then make engineer and create trench arfter trench making the engineer and guneers in first trench then bazzokers in second then snipers in third then normals in forth/third then taunt germans this will last a little while make sure to make a sattelight and bankers for air asalts

Flag Post

Well I usually just spread my starting troops out in the middle of the field.Then I get a spec ops and give him a BAR.Then I get an engineer to build a bunker and I eventually get a halftrack with quad machinegun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skelewarrior:

dont touch your men at the start of the game. wait till you have 9 points, make engineer, rush up to near the center and make a bunker. put engi in there. build a trench beside the bunker and put your 4 regular in there. make another trench on the other side and even out your soldiers. buy 2 gunners as soon as possible and put them in your bunker. after a while make a mortar hole and put 2 mortar men in there. if a tank comes, make a zooka. easy done

Question: at the “rush up to near the center” phase you leave your 4 normals outside the bunker but nearby? Or leave them back where they started?

This strategy sounds like it may be doable. I might try it. Although everytime i use bunker/gunners they all just get shot at basically, either that or way too many enemies come, and some enemies get past my screen too since gunners dont shoot fast enough.

edit: Ok ive had good success trying this basic strategy i recommend it to noobs.

Flag Post

I start with the 12 points. Then i use all those points to buy a frenchies and send them to the german side of the map then they dissappare. My theroy is that if you send enough frenchies to the german side you advance the the new map. It worked for me once

Flag Post
Originally posted by markedpablo:

I start with the 12 points. Then i use all those points to buy a frenchies and send them to the german side of the map then they dissappare. My theroy is that if you send enough frenchies to the german side you advance the the new map. It worked for me once

if you send all of your men to the other side of the map you advance to a new map…

Flag Post
Originally posted by kmann675:
Originally posted by markedpablo:

if you send all of your men to the other side of the map you advance to a new map…

Thank you for explaining. Now I don’t have to :)

Flag Post

I have a new strategy/early-game-tactic that can get you anywhere from Wave 30 to Wave 70 (mostly around 50) without too much of a hassle. It’s called…

THE BAR TRAPEZOID

This tactic works surprisingly well for me (I got from 2nd Lt to Cpt in a few missions. XP is pretty good).
NOTE: This tactic does not use engineer-made cover, or buildings, although I’m certain you can modify my strategy to allow for bunkers, trenches, wire, et cetera. Vehicles aren’t used by me either. I don’t have very many soldiers here as well, in fact this tactic relies on SpecOps and BARs to get you through the mid-to-early waves.

At the beginning (provided you start with four soldiers), I move all my troops up towards the top of the map. Often times, there isn’t enough time to get them in formation before Wave 2 (they start coming in by the time your soldiers are halfway to their destination. Once they arrive, I arrange then in a wide V formation (two soldiers on the exterior by the sides of the map, and the other two are further in and further back, so it looks like this:)

X———- X
- X—- X

Once you get to this formation, stay there. Usually I like to complete the “V” by summoning a Special Ops or some other infantryman, bringing the total soldiers to 5 (ignoring medal bonuses). Often, if I just want to get XP points, I give him a BAR or ranger training and set him in the V until a few waves pass or I hear “HEEEE’S BEEN HIT!”, at which point I react with sending in a new SpecOps to replace the fallen soldier (sometimes if the soldier’s important I send the squad a medic to save expenses for retraining/re-equipping a new guy). As the other soldiers get more and more XP, I give ranger training or a BAR to the one with the highest rifle skill if he doesn’t already have said equipment. Once you get to the middle levels (around 55 for me. Such are the laments of the captain) you can adapt to the intense firepower by changing the trapezoid around, or breaking formation and adapting to something else entirely.

COUNTERING LIGHT VEHICLES: If/when vehicles start coming, your best bet is to call in someone who has big booms available. Grenades can work too. When trucks come in, BARs lay down intense amounts of firepower and often kill the driver + most passengers by the time it gets 1/3rd down the screen. Motorcycles don’t last long under the hail of fire either. Cannons (i.e. flaks and paks) can be shot up quite a bit by the soldiers.
COUNTERING INFILTRATORS: Due to the wide coverage, I haven’t had any real issues with infiltrators getting through the cracks and adding a nice big Iron Cross to the bottom of my screen. The only problem I’ve had with them was when all my BAR troops start focusing their fire on THEM and not another target with higher priority.
COUNTERING HEAVY VEHICLES: To be fully honest, a major shortcoming with the BAR Trapezoid is that there’s no really foolproof way to counter heavy vehicles. You can call in zooks, or you can hope that your grenades can do the dirty work. Which it won’t.

And that’s all. I’ll come up with a better strat when I get the ability to screw around with TPs.

Flag Post

At 168 waves in, I’m hunkered in with 3 bunkers, 4 gunners (each at officer rank), an officer, two bazookas, 4 trenches, a medic, 2 special ops, and a quad-machine gun track… MASSIVE WAVE OF ZOMBIES. Not a joke, look it up on google. Dunzo.

Flag Post

yawn, if u saw zombies, you must have the wrong date on your computer, + 6 zombies are easy to kill, they come in 2-6 ,very in speed .4 gunners kill them with ease …sigh.

Flag Post

I use close protection(start with 12 points), have the free officer at start.

1:::::: I buy one scout at the beginning, then throw ranger training on him. If his rifle still sucks, I restart & do it again. Send the officer back with his tactical retreat option.

2:::::: Advance the hell out with the scout. As soon as six points are available, give him a BAR. He allows you to see when the waves are coming, so you can kill all enemies quickly, then advance; TP will come very fast.

3:::::: Once you have 12 get a halftrack & keep advancing(It’s just as fast as the scout).

4:::::: Once you’re rocking 12 points again, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON A WIDE OPEN MAP WHERE THEY CANNOT HIDE, and stop. Then equip it with the 75mm AT gun. This sucker shoots a good bit faster than the AT gun on a tank.

5:::::: Put the halftrack in the bottom right or left corner of the map, farthest away from the enemy, but leave just enough room so you can squeeze your scout in the corner. Let the enemy come for awhile.

6:::::: Save 20 for a tank, buy it, and put it out in front of the halftrack to soak up fire. Equip it with a .50 cal asap.

7:::::: Repeat step 6 until reaching 4 tanks(with .50 cals), the halftrack & scout.

8:::::: Buy an engineer, build a camnet in the bottom corner with your halftrack, scout & engineer under it.

9:::::: Buy more tanks until there are 6, and spread them out to cover the camnet.

10::::: Buy an officer to direct fire, and a signaler for fireworks.

11::::: Replace tanks as needed. Eventually that’ll be impossible & you’ll die anyway. But you already knew that, right?

Hope it works for you——-