Is the game now to difficult? page 2

44 posts

Flag Post

The game is definitely pretty hard now

I mean since we cant use bazookas, why are things that are like armored vehicles spawning uber early like way before wave 50???

Yeah im gonna just magically generate 8 or 16 TP’s that early for some AT guns… o.O

Besides that issue, there seems to just generally be too many enemies to set up two separated-across-screen trench/bunker combos with gunners, as well as getting your original 4 soldiers back to a cam net. Its just very TP-costly early game now, and when anything goes wrong at all you have to just start over pretty much

Flag Post

Supersniper did quite a good guide on the wiki, but I agree if something at all goes wrong at those levels it’s a retrieve backed-up data.. I don’t think that early on you need two seperate bunkers, if ever, and make sure to mine the sides of bottom to stop enemy cars causing FF …

Flag Post

Well, as someone who has successfully gotten to wave 100, not once, but TWICE!

I can certainly speak from a position of inferiority.
So, with that said, as with all things, it will always seem to hard directly after a patch, but that’s just until you adjust to the new play-style required, soon enough, it will be, while not easy, but playable again, it just takes practice.

Flag Post

yeah. after the zook nerf i had to remake my whole setup. basically rushing for a tank in order to have some sort of reliable AT other than engineer dropping tnt and mines..

i can get to wave 100 75% of the time. but the plan feels really shaky if i cannot keep that tank alive later levels..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hecter94:

Well, as someone who has successfully gotten to wave 100, not once, but TWICE!

I can certainly speak from a position of inferiority.
So, with that said, as with all things, it will always seem to hard directly after a patch, but that’s just until you adjust to the new play-style required, soon enough, it will be, while not easy, but playable again, it just takes practice.

Well, as someone who has successfully gotten to wave 1,000, not once, but twice, all you really need to do as find ways to counter the stuff in the new patch.

Zooks nerfed? → Use AT guns
Sdkfz 222s? → Use more gunners to kill them quicker.
Goliath? → Gunners, bunkers.
Flak 38? → Rush an engineer+bunker.
Can’t build double bunkers? → Build multiple single bunkers.
Increased gunner recoil? → More gunners, ranger train them.

Flag Post

^so you’re saying not to try anything creative but only to build a lot of bunkers with gunners, and AT guns, and then pray your AT guns don’t destroy your bunkers trying to shoot a bike.

that’s great, because i love repetition.

Flag Post

oh and yes, this game has been completely fucked up. bazooka is useless, grenades are way OP, early game is a freaking game of pure chance, kamikazi airstrikes are fucking insane, camo nets are completely useless because evey enemy grenade will cost you 5 TP which is just game-over. there’s a whole bunch of stuff that’s just completely useless, like HQ, .50 platform, mortar, crewmembers (never survive), while it seems impossible to do without a gunner, a sniper and an engineer.

seriously, there’s a lot of effort that went into this game, but all i see is a game that’s completely out of whack.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

oh and yes, this game has been completely fucked up. bazooka is useless, grenades are way OP,

Use sandbags, they block fragmentation.

early game is a freaking game of pure chance,

While MnB2 has a lot of randomization in it, and alot of the game is left up to pure chance, you can certainly help your chances with a well-prepared defense.
kamikazi airstrikes are fucking insane,

What exactly do you mean "Kamikaze airstrikes?, as far as I know, no such thing exists.

camo nets are completely useless because evey enemy grenade will cost you 5 TP which is just game-over.

Place the camo nets in the back, out of grenade range, as for other explosives make sure they focus on your bunker.

there’s a whole bunch of stuff that’s just completely useless, like HQ, .50 platform, mortar, crewmembers (never survive), while it seems impossible to do without a gunner, a sniper and an engineer.

HQ is one of the only ways to reliably get extra TP, which can make a huge difference later in the game, the .50 Platform is arguably one of the fastest and most reliable ways of killing infantry and light vehicles from a distance, mortars aren’t the most useful unit, but they basically equate to a grenade landing somewhere on the enemies side every 5 seconds, and finally, crew-members should have no problems surviving because your vehicle should be either A) Mobile, or if it’s stationery, B) Near the back.

seriously, there’s a lot of effort that went into this game, but all i see is a game that’s completely out of whack.

Gunners are rather important, yes, but necessary?, not really, a Spec Ops kills infantry just as well and his grenades wreak havoc on the enemy team. Snipers are important but not necessary, a good scout with a Garand/Carbine can take care of infiltrators just as well, and also show the wave count, which is pretty handy when setting up a large defense.
The engineer IS, in fact necessary if your using a large number of vehicles, but that makes sense, because he’s one of only three “Healing Units”, and those are absolutely necessary in any game you look at.

Flag Post

^isn’t that a Mechanic? Engineer is needed to build, like, Bunkers and/or Pillbox and such, which seems an absolute necessity.

Use sandbags, they block fragmentation.

seems like grenade destroys them.

you can certainly help your chances with a well-prepared defense

once you have had the time to prepare such.

What exactly do you mean "Kamikaze airstrikes?, as far as I know, no such thing exists.

then you can’t have played the game recently. i’ve had several targeted attacks of airplanes crashing into my units for a one hit kill. Jeeps, structures, Spec Ops, Half Tracks, nothing’s safe from them. in fact i’d just upgraded to Mobile HQ and poof, from full HP to gone, without warning.

Place the camo nets in the back, out of grenade range, as for other explosives make sure they focus on your bunker.

Engineer, Camonet, Bunker is already 14 TP not spent on firepower (though actually, the Engineer has great firepower). well over half the time you don’t get the chance to set this up. especially when your Engineer dies, or your Bunkers is destroyed by FF or PAK or Mortar or… plus, some Grenadiers have really strong throwing arms.

HQ is one of the only ways to reliably get extra TP, which can make a huge difference later in the game

it takes forever to get your 5 TP back, and you can’t even keep the points if it’s destroyed. i built one right on top of a pillbox, it still got destroyed way before i got my 5 TP back by a missile.

the .50 Platform is arguably one of the fastest and most reliable ways of killing infantry and light vehicles from a distance

they don’t seem nearly as effective as a Gunner, nor survive as long.

mortars aren’t the most useful unit, but they basically equate to a grenade landing somewhere on the enemies side every 5 seconds

for their 3 second life-span, and an accuracy of nothing. you can also give hand-grenades to 8 soldiers for that price.

if it’s stationery, B) Near the back

still require him to walk all the way from one side to the other, and it stands still to shoot more often than it moves. haven’t got it to work yet.

a Spec Ops kills infantry just as well and his grenades wreak havoc on the enemy team

it’s the suppressive power of the Gunner that you can’t do without. but yeah, Spec Op is great.

a good scout with a Garand/Carbine can take care of infiltrators just as well

what about Crewman (PAK/Flak/Mortar) or Drivers? anyway, in early game, Snipers seem to make all the difference, if only because they don’t die all the time.

thanks for the tips, but i just keep getting killed by stielhandgrenades, early armor or heavy weapons, and friendly fire.

Flag Post

^isn’t that a Mechanic? Engineer is needed to build, like, Bunkers and/or Pillbox and such, which seems an absolute necessity.

Good lord, I’m an idiot, yes, your right, Sorry about that.
Anyways, engineers are rather important, however vehicles can provide cover for your men as well, along with any natural cover you find, so not absolutely essential.

seems like grenade destroys them.

Only a direct hit, if a grenade lands anywhere else it negates fragmentation damage.

once you have had the time to prepare such.

You can prepare a pretty good defense in less then 10 turns.
TP after 10 turns = 15
Engineer = 4tp
Bunker = 5tp
Gunner= 6tp
Total = 15tp

then you can’t have played the game recently. i’ve had several targeted attacks of airplanes crashing into my units for a one hit kill. Jeeps, structures, Spec Ops, Half Tracks, nothing’s safe from them. in fact i’d just upgraded to Mobile HQ and poof, from full HP to gone, without warning.

Wait, these “Kamikaze Planes”, don’t happen to look like this:
http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/images/1/15/X_special_v1.gif
Do they?

Engineer, Camonet, Bunker is already 14 TP not spent on firepower (though actually, the Engineer has great firepower). well over half the time you don’t get the chance to set this up. especially when your Engineer dies, or your Bunkers is destroyed by FF or PAK or Mortar or… plus, some Grenadiers have really strong throwing arms.

How many TP do you really spend on straight up firepower anyways?
Most of your TP’s will likely go in setting up defenses, you don’t need that much for firepower.
In addition, An enginer, bunker and camnet is most certainly not a waste of TP’s and doesn’t need to be used near the beginning of the game, you can wait until you have some TP’s to spare before you build one.

it takes forever to get your 5 TP back, and you can’t keep the points if it’s destroyed. i build one right on top of a pillbox, it still got destroyed way before i got my 5 TP back by a missile.

Really?, it should only take ~20 turns.
Additionally, you have a chance of making an extra 20 free TP before wave 100.
That’s basically a free tank.

they don’t seem nearly as effective as a Gunner, nor survive as long.

Fifties should be treated as full-auto snipers, they are high damage and accurate, but die easy and don’t pin.
Gunners are the exact opposite, really, you would want one of both, a gunner to pin, and a fifty to pick em off.

for their 3 second life-span, and an accuracy of nothing.

Mortars should be placed in the back behind a palisade, where they can survive, additionally, they put enough ordnance down range that they have a very good chance of killing something, even if they aren’t accurate.

still require him to walk all the way from one side to the other, and it stands still to shoot more often than it moves. haven’t got it to work yet.

Just use hold-fire on him constantly, it’s free, so why not?

it’s the suppressive power of the Gunner that you can’t do without. but yeah, Spec Op is great.

Grease guns suppress pretty well, and the Carbine has the same targeting pattern as the gunner.

what about Crewman (PAK/Flak/Mortar) or Drivers? anyway, in early game, Snipers seem to make all the difference, if only because they don’t die all the time.

Snipers shouldn’t really be used against Crewman, they’re considered a low priority target, and can block the snipers fire. grenades from the aforementioned spec Ops are a much better option, or a mine or two to stop bikes.

thanks for the tips, but i just keep getting killed by stielhandgrenades, early armor or heavy weapons, and friendly fire.

Well, there are alot of ways around that, your best bet in almost any situation is to rush a bunker at the top half of the screen and shove 5 guys into it. Basically that means that almost all enemy fire will be directed at your nearly invulnerable bunker.

Flag Post
Only a direct hit, if a grenade lands anywhere else it negates fragmentation damage.

good to know. then at least i might be able to keep an engineer safe :/

You can prepare a pretty good defense in less then 10 turns.
TP after 10 turns = 15
Engineer = 4tp
Bunker = 5tp
Gunner= 6tp
Total = 15tp

and then they throw a PAK, Mortar or Goliath at you and it’s game over. or it gets destroyed by FF. or you pick up a crate with an extra soldier and you got 7 guys and they take you out with artillery. or the extra soldier is a flamethrower that sets everything on fire by chainreaction.

Wait, these “Kamikaze Planes”, don’t happen to look like this:
http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/images/1/15/X_special_v1.gif
Do they?

oh lol, is that what missiles look like? looks like a plane to me. anyway, that then. took out my mob HQ twice then. i stopped trying with those.

Most of your TP’s will likely go in setting up defenses, you don’t need that much for firepower.

so how do you save up for a Tank or even an AT if you get overrun by infantry due to lack of firepower? not that that it matters if your AT destroys your own Bunker anyway.

doesn’t need to be used near the beginning of the game, you can wait until you have some TP’s to spare before you build one.

without a Bunker Flak will kill you. without a Camnet extra soldiers will kill you. besides, 6 is a very steep limit. aside from Engineer that’s just one more guy, probably a Gunner, unless you suicide your soldiers. so how does that deal with Mortar, Opels, Infiltrators and Motorcycles?

Grease guns suppress pretty well, and the Carbine has the same targeting pattern as the gunner.

they keep rushing me down whenever i have no Gunner. i mean i have been lucky once where i had a Bar armed guy with 100 exp and a Ranger that reached 100 exp just after the Bar guy died, which seemed to do the job. but there’s so much luck required to get passed the first 30 or so waves.

Snipers shouldn’t really be used against Crewman, they’re considered a low priority target, and can block the snipers fire. grenades from the aforementioned spec Ops are a much better option, or a mine or two to stop bikes.

seems to be the only thing that works. hand Grenades lack the range and the accuracy, and Rifle Grenades lack ROF and accuracy. Spec Ops against such weapons is suicide. in fact, suiciding Frenchies seems the only reliable way to do it.
two mines don’t stop Bikes unless you have a glass ball. and sending an Engineer that far ahead is potential suicide as well.

Well, there are alot of ways around that, your best bet in almost any situation is to rush a bunker at the top half of the screen and shove 5 guys into it. Basically that means that almost all enemy fire will be directed at your nearly invulnerable bunker.

that is very vulnerable to friendly fire, putting five guys in there is also suicide, one missile, Flamethrower, Pak or FF hit and it’s game over. i used to do that with just one Gunner , but he never survives and is impossible to replace that far north. of course, moving all the way to the top of the screen kinda works, but that’s clearly cheating.

Flag Post

and then they throw a PAK, Mortar or Goliath at you and it’s game over. or it gets destroyed by FF. or you pick up a crate with an extra soldier and you got 7 guys and they take you out with artillery. or the extra soldier is a flamethrower that sets everything on fire by chainreaction.

A bunker+gunner can take out a PAK, Mortar or Goliath in most situations, as for the extra guy from a crate, that’s where force retreat comes in handy, of course, since your in a bunker just above the center line, your chances of getting hit by enemy support powers are very low anyway.

oh lol, is that what missiles look like? looks like a plane to me. anyway, that then. took out my mob HQ twice then. i stopped trying with those.

Those are V1’s, you can counter them with a Radar and a Signaler, or just stay under the 6 man limit.

so how do you save up for a Tank or even an AT if you get overrun by infantry due to lack of firepower? not that that it matters if your AT destroys your own Bunker anyway.

AT is only 6tp, and Tanks are a late game unit that you buy when your defense is already set up.
Besides, 4 Average Joes, plus a Gunner, plus an Enginner is more then enough firepower to wipe out infantry, atleast until you get your defenses going.

without a Bunker Flak will kill you. without a Camnet extra soldiers will kill you. besides, 6 is a very steep limit. aside from Engineer that’s just one more guy, probably a Gunner, unless you suicide your soldiers. so how does that deal with Mortar, Opels, Infiltrators and Motorcycles?

Bunkers are necessary, yes, however camnets can wait until you get extra TP, until then, just stay under the six man limit, your bunker will protect you from Mortars, Opels get gunned down by your gunner, your engineer can lay mines and barbed wire on the sides of the field to protect you from bikes and infiltrators.

they keep rushing me down whenever i have no Gunner. i mean i have been lucky once where i had a Bar armed guy with 100 exp and a Ranger that reached 100 exp just after the Bar guy died, which seemed to do the job. but there’s so much luck required to get passed the first 30 or so waves.

Of course, never said that playing without a gunner was an effective strategy, just that it was a possible one.

seems to be the only thing that works. hand Grenades lack the range and the accuracy, and Rifle Grenades lack ROF and accuracy. Spec Ops against such weapons is suicide. in fact, suiciding Frenchies seems the only reliable way to do it.

Enough small arms fire will bring them down, after a while, Spec Ops own them, Rifle grenades can be fired from the safety of a bunker, hand grenades are the holy grail against weapons such as these.
In fact, if you just stuff your guys into a bunker you can usually take it out with Rifle Grenades before it even gets into firing range.

two mines don’t stop Bikes unless you have a glass ball. and sending an Engineer that far ahead is potential suicide as well.

If you have a bunker center-center, with an engi in it, you should have more then enough time to move him out to place mines in front of the bike, or just place a minefield on either side of your bunker, with some barbed wire in front of it to stop both bikes and infiltrators, atleast for a while, until you get your actual defense going.

that is very vulnerable to friendly fire, putting five guys in there is also suicide, one missile, Flamethrower, Pak or FF hit and it’s game over. i used to do that with just one Gunner , but he never survives and is impossible to replace that far north. of course, moving all the way to the top of the screen kinda works, but that’s clearly cheating.

IF it get’s hit, yes, your going to have some issues, but with 5 guys in it, you should be able to kill flamethrowers and Paks before they can hit it, V1’s won’t hit unless you have over 6 guys and friendly fire won’t hit it, as long as you make sure to use AT guns and take advantage of the fact that they won’t fire if they’re too close.
And hopefully, by the time it gets hit, you’ll have a strong enough secondary line to last while you get another one up.

Basically, it’s impossible to make a full-proof defense in this game, sooner or later, your going to get annihilated, however, by knowing how to start and what strategy to use, you can oftentimes make it pretty far into the game.
Of course we’re all going to have games where we get screwed over within thirty seconds of starting, and nothing can be done about that, it’s what makes this game unfair, random and brutal.
With that said, using the right strategies can really make a huge difference in your chances of surviving.

Flag Post

So from what I can tell in the past conversation, your largest worry is TP management, and lack of Anti-Infantry firepower, which leads to getting overrun before any Anti-Tank can be built up.

For Anti Infantry, a gunner is essential. In my games, I usually run 2-3 gunners, and sometimes up to 6 gunners. The first thing you do when you start the game, is immediately buy a gunner or two. Try Surrendering until you get gunners that have a rifle stat of at least 25 (30+ is best). Any lower and they become fairly useless.

The important thing to remember is that gunners need to deploy, to fire most accurately. If they get pinned by enemy fire, the become undeployed, and will need to go through the deployment process again, which takes 5-10 second. Due to this, you’ll want to move one of your starting soldiers in front of your gunner to take enemy fire, so your gunner is free to shoot without interruption. (Also referred to as using a “meatshield”)

The next step is to get an engineer. Your engineer will be crucial to the game, as it is nearly impossible to get anywhere past wave 100 without one. Your engineer should build a bunker in the middle of the screen. At this point, move your gunners to the bunker as fast as possible.

The bunker protects against frag damage, which nullifies Flak-38s, and grenades. It also gives protection against mortars and Pak-38s, given that they don’t land a direct hit (Don’t worry, direct hits are fairly rare actually). All the while, you should be keeping a soldier in front of your gunners at all times so that he can fire uninterrupted.

Now to camnets: They hide the number of troops in your squad. As you know, if the number exceeds 6, then the Germans begin calling air support on you, which includes the flying bombs you mentioned. Camnets should always be built in one of the bottom corners in the screen, as statistically, those are the safest places on the map. All you should have on the screen are a couple of soldiers meatshielding for your two gunners, and maybe an engineer moving back and forth. This keeps you under the 6 man limit.

At this point, you need at least one sniper to counter infiltrators and enemy snipers. He goes in the camnet as well.

After that, your main focus should be on Anti-Tank. Your best choices include AT guns (M8, or Halftrack), or a Tank. I like AT guns over tanks because you can build 2.5 AT guns for each tank.

AT guns, however, have a limitation where if they are within 100 pixels of another AT gun, neither will be able to fire. However, with careful placement, you can fit two AT guns at opposite bottom corners of your camnet. You’re also free to build another camnet in the opposite corner of the map, and place two more AT guns there.

However, at wave 50, you need a defense for Wespes. Wespes will fire at the top half of the screen if there are 5 or more soldiers on the top half, or it will fire at the bottom half if there are less than 5. Which means you should ALWAYS keep 5 or more soldiers on the top half, inside your bunker. This is crucial in protecting your AT guns and camnets.

At 50, your gunners should be approaching 100 EXP. After they hit 100 exp, you really have no need to worry about Anti- Infantry, because your gunners will take care of everything. Your AT guns should be able to take care of tanks as well. If by some chance, anything gets close to your bunker, use your engineer to blow it up with a mine. If anything gets close to your bunker, your AT guns will have a chance to blow up your bunker if they miss the target.

To summarize, all you really need are: Engineers to build, Gunners or Anti Infantry, AT guns for Anti Tank, snipers to counter enemy snipers/infiltrators, camnets to hide your troops, and a bunker to protect your gunners. Those are the essentials of a defense, and if used together correctly, can easily get you to wave 300+.

Flag Post
A bunker+gunner can take out a PAK, Mortar or Goliath in most situations

i honestly haven’t seen that happen yet. i still swear by a Sniper to kill the crew.

as for the extra guy from a crate, that’s where force retreat comes in handy

that requires an officer. i’ve never got far enough into the game for that luxury.

Those are V1’s, you can counter them with a Radar and a Signaler

Radar…another luxury.

AT is only 6tp

Besides, 4 Average Joes, plus a Gunner, plus an Enginner is more then enough firepower to wipe out infantry, atleast until you get your defenses going.

yeah, that works for infantry, so long as they all survive. but then, that’s already 6 guys, and no Medic, so the next thing would have to be Camonets. and you have to not get an extra guy.

Bunkers are necessary, yes, however camnets can wait until you get extra TP, until then, just stay under the six man limit, your bunker will protect you from Mortars, Opels get gunned down by your gunner, your engineer can lay mines and barbed wire on the sides of the field to protect you from bikes and infiltrators.

ah, right. Mines don’t add to the count. …this game really requires a formula to be able to play it. so really, it’s an endless trial nad effort till you happen to stumble on the right formula. there you go, problem defined.

your bunker will protect you from Mortars, Opels get gunned down by your gunner

i’ve had Bunkers destroyed by Mortar, and i’ve never seen Opels destroyed by Gunners.

Enough small arms fire will bring them down, after a while, Spec Ops own them, Rifle grenades can be fired from the safety of a bunker, hand grenades are the holy grail against weapons such as these.
In fact, if you just stuff your guys into a bunker you can usually take it out with Rifle Grenades before it even gets into firing range.

i get Flaks, Paks or Mortars way before i have such firepower every time.

also, the in game tips insist i don’t put my guys in Bunkers. those are troll tips then?

If you have a bunker center-center, with an engi in it, you should have more then enough time to move him out to place mines in front of the bike, or just place a minefield on either side of your bunker, with some barbed wire in front of it to stop both bikes and infiltrators, atleast for a while, until you get your actual defense going.

central bunker, got it. i always put it on the flank, as per realism.

use AT guns and take advantage of the fact that they won’t fire if they’re too close

useful to know.

With that said, using the right strategies can really make a huge difference in your chances of surviving.

yes, unfortunately the selection of “right strategies” is incredibly thin.

and lack of Anti-Infantry firepower

no no, only if i don’t build such, or when units die. it’s easy to build anti-infantry, but it’s not easy to have enough TP left to counter everything else.

If they get pinned by enemy fire, the become undeployed, and will need to go through the deployment process again, which takes 5-10 second

more vital information.

Camnets should always be built in one of the bottom corners in the screen, as statistically, those are the safest places on the map

lol. that’s about the only place i didn’t put them, because i was trying to put it half over a Pillbox. truthfully, Grenadiers can ignore Bunkers and throw it all the way from the top to the bottom of the field.

All you should have on the screen are a couple of soldiers meatshielding for your two gunners, and maybe an engineer moving back and forth. This keeps you under the 6 man limit.

i’d put a Medic in there. also the irony of not camonetting your concentration of soldiers is higly counter-intuitive.

He goes in the camnet as well.

more counter-intuitive. all that for some population limit the game itself mentions nothing about.

you can fit two AT guns at opposite bottom corners of your camnet

do the rope elements work, or only the net part of the image?

However, at wave 50, you need a defense for Wespes. Wespes will fire at the top half of the screen if there are 5 or more soldiers on the top half, or it will fire at the bottom half if there are less than 5. Which means you should ALWAYS keep 5 or more soldiers on the top half, inside your bunker. This is crucial in protecting your AT guns and camnets.

more essential game-mechanics exploits necessary to not lose…

If anything gets close to your bunker, your AT guns will have a chance to blow up your bunker if they miss the target.

right, ok. proactive Engineer. seems like that the only way, eh?

To summarize, all you really need are: Engineers to build, Gunners or Anti Infantry, AT guns for Anti Tank, snipers to counter enemy snipers/infiltrators, camnets to hide your troops, and a bunker to protect your gunners. Those are the essentials of a defense, and if used together correctly, can easily get you to wave 300+.

that’s exactly what i’ve mostly been trying to do, but i gotta tell ya, the available options to not fail are really very slim, and there’s no way anyone could ever learn to play this game without consulting veterans.

so thanks for the explanations on how to not fail. and i think i’ve made my point.

Flag Post

whatever, i give up. i build the Bunker in the middle, but before i can build a Sniper (which in my experiance is very reliable for killing Mortars) they have a Mortar and destroy my Camnet and then my Bunker.

this game is just impossible.

Flag Post

i honestly haven’t seen that happen yet. i still swear by a Sniper to kill the crew.

Well, I’ve never seen a mortar blow up a bunker before, doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

that requires an officer. i’ve never got far enough into the game for that luxury.

There’s a very easy ribbon to get that gives you a free officer at the start of each battle.
http://www.mudandblood.net/wiki/index.php?title=Westpoint_Commendation
Additionally, officers are a pretty important unit, I’d recommend buying one.

Radar…another luxury.

That’s the way the game works, if you want the benefit of a large squad, you need to prepare to face the consequences.

I apologize, I’ve been trying other strategies and haven’t bought one lately.

yeah, that works for infantry, so long as they all survive. but then, that’s already 6 guys, and no Medic, so the next thing would have to be Camonets. and you have to not get an extra guy.

Yes, I would say camnets and a medic would come after that, but that’s still only round 20(ish), you don’t need any serious AT until ~wave 30-40

ah, right. Mines don’t add to the count. …this game really requires a formula to be able to play it. so really, it’s an endless trial nad effort till you happen to stumble on the right formula. there you go, problem defined.

Well, duh, did you expect to be able to win without learning how to play first?
And you don’t “stumble” on it, it’s common sense.

i get Flaks, Paks or Mortars way before i have such firepower every time.

also, the in game tips insist i don’t put my guys in Bunkers. those are troll tips then?

The last two games I played, I got a Flak38 on wave 2 both times, I made it past wave 30 both times.
AND, that was while I was trying out a strategy where my only AT came from rifle grenades, which turned out to be a failure.
So, really, if I, who is certainly not a great MnB2 player by any means, got a Flak on wave 2 and survived well past wave 30, WHILE trying a strategy that was an utter failure, it shouldn’t be that hard to work around it.

yes, unfortunately the selection of “right strategies” is incredibly thin.

These are just MY strategies, I’m sure that others have plenty more that work just as well if not, for many of them, better.

I’ll let Brutane reply to the rest.

Flag Post

The thing about Mud and Blood, is that it comes with an extremely steep learning curve. Although this can be a large pitfall, I’ve come to love it. Starting out, the game is always extremely difficult. I have never seen a person come along and immediately get to wave 50 on his first game. From what I see, most people begin losing at wave 10, 15.

If you do look stuff up on the wiki, however, you’ll begin to realize that the early disadvantage of not having medals and ribbons is not as great as the lack of knowledge. If you learn basic game mechanics: Firing patters, enemy specialties, 6 men rule (all of which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to read), the game becomes easier as long as you can pass the learning curve.

We had a person come along on the MnB.net forums a while back complaining the game was impossible to do well in as a new player.

A couple days later, I posted a picture of a 600 wave game I played that day, on a fresh new profile, with 0 ribbons, and with normal deploy.

You’re not alone. A lot of people come through this game having no clue what to do. We’re here to try to help you out as much as we can, but that can’t be done if you deem the game impossible.

The game is based on unfairness, you will lose no matter what you do. Bad things will happen no matter how prepared you are. You just need to learn how deal with it the best you can.

Flag Post
Well, I’ve never seen a mortar blow up a bunker before, doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

lol. happened to me three times in the last ten games.

That’s the way the game works, if you want the benefit of a large squad, you need to prepare to face the consequences.

yeah but the game would be a lot more dynamic and well rounded if it wasn’t a steep border, if the chances or severity of unfair events would increase which each guy above 6, instead of getting punished for picking up the wrong crate. you’d see a greater variaty of viable strategies, which is what this game horribly lacks.

Yes, I would say camnets and a medic would come after that, but that’s still only round 20(ish), you don’t need any serious AT until ~wave 30-40

which simple math will show cuts it really close.

Well, duh, did you expect to be able to win without learning how to play first?
And you don’t “stumble” on it, it’s common sense.

learning to play is not the same thing is finding the one allowed strategy. and it’s not relaly common sense, because common sense could go different ways. for instance, common sense could also indicate that putting a Gunner in the middle is the wrong choice, because it was never used in reality; MGs always go on the flanks. why? because you really can’t quite switch targets over that big an angle the way it the Gunner in this game.

no, if “learning to play” means hours of trial and error, and being forced into a certain path of choices, that’s just horrible game design.

The last two games I played, I got a Flak38 on wave 2 both times, I made it past wave 30 both times.

for goodness sake how is that possible? Flak should kill your infantry without a Bunker or PB in absolutely no time, and what can 2 TP buy that can take out a Flak?

i have no problem with difficult games or steep learning curves, in fact my major complain about todays games is that they are far too easy. but you shouln’t base a game on thousands of options and then make all but one unviable.
this game is just like making a classical Mario game, and then putting a few rediculously difficult levels at the start, and then start with the storyline only after those levels, and no option to save.

(of course i wouldn’t have bothered if there wasn’t something to this game, with all the more-or-less historical accuracy and inclusiveness.)

Flag Post

Guys,early game if you don’t have enough TP’s, advance to the next map.