Forums Esgrima 2

Bob's Guide to Esgrima 2

14 posts

Flag Post

Hey, and welcome to my guide! If you’re here you probably want to know more about this game. I’ll explain all I can here, although my knowledge is still limited in certain aspects. Feel free to comment or add some tips of your own. =)

Starting Out

So, you want to get started. At the time of writing (January 19), there are four starting classes:

Warrior: Light armor class that can deal and take some damage. Fairly balanced playstyle, probably easiest solo.
Musketeer: Coat class that shoots several times in an attack. Can do sustained damage on both mobs and bosses.
Cleric: Dress class that plays the healer role in difficult battles. Very squishy, and needs to be a back row player in serious boss battles.
Fire Mage: Suit class that specializes in an Area-of-Effect skillset. Very effective at farming mobs, moderately useful at bosses.

There are also three classes that are unlocked through the course of the game:

Berserker: Light armor class that wields a huge greatsword to deal heavy damage from the front row. Unlocked by earning 1300 Reputation.
Guardian: Heavy armor class that can tank very effectively. Unlocked by finishing the Guardian quest chain in Port Ville.
Empire Officer: Coat class that focuses on criticals and low cooldown skills to deal sustained DPS. Unlocked by finishing the Empire Officer quest chain in Empire Espada Outpost.

A quick explanation of stats

Strength: Physical attack power.
Endurance: Maximum HP. Adding +1 Endurance should increase your max HP by an amount equal to 2*level.
Wisdom: Maximum Mana. Adding +1 Wisdom should increase your max Mana by an amount equal to your level.
Luck: Crit rates. Adding +1 Luck should add 3% to your crit rate.
Intelligence: Magical attack power.

You have two character slots initially, with the option to purchase more for premium currency (Gold). Only one character can be played at a time and each has separate inventories, but the warehouse (possibly) is a shared storage space among all your characters.

Battle Basics

During battle, each combatant takes their turn in order. All living players get a chance to act, starting from the top left and moving in sequence towards the bottom right. When it is your turn, click on any part of an enemy and a menu will pop up. The sword icon uses your standard attack against this enemy, while the flame symbol opens up your skill list.

Once each player has had a turn, each living enemy takes a turn to attack. Bosses may use a few skills of their own, so be prepared for anything when fighting one.

When an enemy is defeated, you will gain some denars, and you might get exp or loot drops depending on the enemy (anything 5 or more levels below you gives 0 exp). Loot drops are rolled for each player separately, so being in a group will not lower your chances of finding something.

Player Interaction

When in town, you may interact with other players in a few different ways.

First, and perhaps most obviously, there is a chatbox in which you can send public messages to everybody else in the same town area. You can whisper other players with the /w player message command.

Second, you can right-click other players to bring up a list of actions:

• Add Friend: Fairly self explanatory. Your friends list can be found in the top right.
  • View Shop: This is how players can trade with one another. If you put items from your inventory into your Shop and set the price, other players can then buy those items from you for denars.
  • View/Invite to Guild: You can view this player’s current guild, or if they are guildless you can invite them to yours (provided you have the required rank to do so).

About guilds: Guilds can be created with premium currency (50 gold, to be exact). Guilds have a dedicated chat channel displayed in a separate “Guild” tab on the chatbox. Ranks are simple, and take the following form:

• Leader: Has all the power. Can invite, kick, and rank other members. Can also give Leader position to another.
  • Officer: Has nearly as much power as the Leader. Can invite and kick members (other than the Leader).
  • Member: Basic member. Can invite other members.
  • Recruit: A fresh recruit, lacks any powers.

Guilds can compete in guild wars, and attain a higher guild level by doing well in PvP battles in these wars. To start a war, both guilds must declare themselves to be in “military active” state and then one guild declares war upon the other. These actions are performed through scrolls purchased with denars in the Federation Hall.

More to come soon!

Flag Post

Mining

All players will have the ability to mine ores at special mining nodes on the world map. The Mining Skill allows you to mine at these places — it is unknown for certain whether the skill does anything to speed up your rate of mining, but it does not appear to do so.

Every so often, a rare rock may spawn in a mine; a red notification will appear in chat. To be able to mine the valuable rare ores from this rock, your character must be standing next to the red rock while mining. Rare ores require one extra level of mining over what is needed to mine the common ores of that mining location.

Ores to be found in each mine are as follows:

Jungle Mines

Common (requires level 0/5 mining)

• Rock
  • Dolomite
  • Iron Ore
  • Copper
  • Antimony
  • Shiny Antimony
  • Nephrit

Rare (requires level 1/5 mining)

• Halite
  • Ancient Coin
  • Pure Iron

Underwater Cave Mines

Common (requires level 2/5 mining)

• Quartz
  • Magnetite
  • Biotite
  • Uranium
  • Nickel
  • Pyrite
  • Celestite

Rare (requires level 3/5 mining)

• Coral
  • Pearl
  • Black Pearl

Snowfield Mines

Common (requires level 4/5 mining)

• Apatite
  • Olivine
  • Zircon
  • Chrysocolla
  • Diamond

Rare (requires maxed 5/5 mining)

• Drixonite
  • Magical Stone
  • Wind Stone
  • Rare Earth Element
  • Pure Gold Bar

Flag Post

Random stuff I can’t be bothered to organize somewhere else:

Cleric Skill Tree builds
(Note: These are just builds I’ve theorized about. The build assumes you have capped your level at 50, thus giving you 49 SP to work with, and that you want maxed Mining. People may have varying opinions of the Cleric’s skillset simply because it contains so many useful skills.)

Combat-capable Build

5/5 Healing
5/5 Mining
5/5 Group Healing
5/5 Ice Bolt
5/5 Healing Power
5/5 Team Health
5/5 Ice Storm
5/5 Massive Health
5/5 Snow Fall

1/1 Intelligence
1/1 Recovery
1/5 Piercing Ice
1/1 Cleansing

Healing Focused Build

5/5 Healing
5/5 Mining
5/5 Group Healing
5/5 Healing Power
5/5 Team Health
5/5 Assist
5/5 Massive Health
5/5 Devolver

1/1 Recovery
1/1 Cleansing

7 spare points, which I would advise splitting up like so:

5/5 one of Ice Storm (damage) or Ice Bolt (freeze), depending on which one you want more of
1/5 whichever one you didn’t choose above
1/5 Snow Fall

Flag Post

Nice starter guide there ;)

Flag Post

Awesome guide Bob! Thanks for your time!

Flag Post

can i my name is vainboy83 on Esgrima 2

Flag Post

Hey Bob,

Just as interxion said great starter guide. Also is the cleric build the only one you have? Since I’m a musketeer, I would like to know which skill is good to take since we dont have a reset button in this game.

Keep up the good work.

Flag Post

Basic guide from me for all classes:
1) Read through skills

2) Lvl ALL AOE spells to the max as soon as possible.

3) Check for skills with lots of strikes – lvl those(since all skills get 10% dmg per lvl up, be it 1 strike or 10 strikes, so much more worth it to lvl up 3+ strikes skills over 1 strike ones)

4) Check Buffs carefully, learn the ones that effect dmg and/or are actually useful(like warriors dmg buff)

5) After you learned all active skills, put remaining points into passives you find good.

Flag Post

Yeah, for Clerics it’ll likely be a focus on heals. That’s what we’re known for.

I haven’t played any other classes quite yet so I can’t give proper advice. However, rulezz’s suggestions above seem pretty solid. Maxing out one’s utility (and that generally means damage for most classes) is key to succeeding here, and you have 49 Skill Points to do this with. Skills are going to have either 0, 1, or 5 points in them for the most part; there’s no reason to only partially invest in something other than to simply possess the skill (the first point in a skill is usually the most powerful and enabling point).

Flag Post

Hey bob can you make one on recipes/bosses I am soooooo confused and people are getting furious at me :3

Flag Post

thank you for the guide :)

Flag Post

Question:
When you add a stat, per say endurance or wisdom, you said the amount of hp/mana gain scales with level, so when you add that stat, does it stay permanent only for that level, AKA you increase endurance by 1 at level 10, but at level 20 you still only get the level 10 hp increase from endurance, or does it increase with level? Any help is appreciated.

Flag Post

Your health per endurance appears to scale with level so it doesn’t matter when you get the musketeer skill bonus also it appears to be 4 hp per level so at level 50 1 bonus endurance gives you 200 hp.

Flag Post

what about archers