Forums Esgrima 2

Musketeer?

12 posts

Flag Post

Musketeers, donning low defense suits and dual pistols are supposed to be the dps of the group.

However certain skills, misleading descriptions as well as general weakness are plaguing this choice of character.

To begin off, musketeers have a lower attack value than other classes(lower than the cleric), this is fine as it is compensated with dual strikes and an occasional bonus 4 strikes. But when we factor in the skills of the musketeers, we have an entirely different story.

The first skill to highlight, ‘Lucky Gunner’. at max level, add a 30% increased chance to critical…….for one turn….. Tell me how does this benefit anyone. Our warrior friends have ‘warrior spirit’ which add 65% to attk for the next 3 turns. How is this even a valid skill. 1 turn? and not even a guaranteed crit but rather an additional 30% chance.

Next skill esquivar. at level 3, 2 hits of 130%. Was it forgotten that by default we already do 2 hits and occasionally 4 hits, but still the low 130% and a long cooldown. so by casting this skill, i only got 60% more of what i do usually right now. Is this even relevant?

‘Unexpected gift’. Does it even stack? i see 5 boxes but not seeing my overall damage skill damage increasing by 100%, great that it is for 2 turns rather than 1 now.

‘Smoke bomb’, Terrible AOE, Probably the weakest aoe in the game. at Maxed level it does only 250% damage. worst of all 1 single hit. By default musks already do 2 hits, so we’re only getting an extra 50%? for pumping this skill up to level 5?

‘crazy fury’ This is an absolute bullshit skill. Level 1 does 2 hits of 105% damage. Tell me how is this different from just selecting the enemy and pressing normal attack. In fact by normal attacking i get a chance of hitting 4 times.

same goes with skills like kick or aqua shot. DONT forget that musks have low atk, which is why by default doing 2 attacks. and yet a measly 200-300% of 1 hit is assigned to this skill. which is as good as a normal attack.

Please fix this, as alluring a dual gun wielding rambo might sound, end game musk is really crap, both as tanks or dps.

It is already difficult that we have to farm double the halites double the pearls just to match a complete elite set. Now we can only socket 2 gems with our guns? Is this a little too unfair or what. If the lightning ball quest could give a pair of pistols, should crafting give a pair as well?

Flag Post

I agree with all the points above. As it stands, musks are incomparable to all the other classes. The game mentions that musks have high DPS yet the warrior and fire mage can easily out-dps the musketeer while the cleric (arguably the most sought after class in-game) have their infinite sustain.

The musk skill system needs a total rework. Warriors tank and do more damage, clerics have huge utility and fire mages have a ton of massive damage aoe’s. Many musk skills, like LifEnD mentioned above, are horrifyingly worse than basic attacks at times. (esquivar and crazy fury among others) Either up the damage these do, increase the hit count to at least beat basic attacks or change the skills entirely. Also the musk could use a lifesteal skill because it already has no survivability as is. With low survivability and sub-par damage, people have no reason to choose this class over others.

I picked musket because it seemed like a cool class.. but as I leveled into the 30’s its flaws became more and more clear. Please balance this class.

Flag Post

I agree with everything that you guys have said so far just wanna add some info to this. Was nice with the small basic atk boost that we got yesterday but it’s not enough. Also lvl 50 warriors got 4x crit because of the passive skill + they have higher crit % than musketeers so that makes it even harder to out dmg them even if you have 4x element enchants. Some more info about the skills that Lifend mentioned. Esquivar = has a special effect 0% dodge that means no one should be able to dodge that skill (Not sure if it works though). Crazy Fury = takes 10% of enemy mana at lvl 1. These skills seem really useless to me also, so not really worth spending any points on them atm. I hope the devs will take a look at this thread and change something so muskeeters can be the dps class again.

Flag Post

Hi, we will work on some of the weakest class skills, and it will be changed in next maintenance.

Flag Post

I love the musketeer class, but as of the latest patch I do feel like we were, for a lack of better word, screwed.
I do agree that elemental damage deserved a nerf (hell, I could one-shot the deep ocean boss with Muchos Tiros bout 30% of the time), but as of now I do about 10% of the damage I used to if I’m lucky. Makes me feel like not playing, really. I’m ok with the +2 limit, but I do think we should do more (single target) damage than warriors. Maybe you should turn all +3 pistols to +2 and compensate us somehow for that, too?

PS. That life steal skill suggestion.. not really, imo.

Flag Post

agreed, and IMHO, it’s not enough for the DPS class to do a bit more dmg than others… (regarding the possible buff)

Flag Post

I think muskeet is fine as it is right now…

Musket is strongest early game, pretty good mid game and only very late game he is average…

Warriors are exact counterpart, meaning they start weak and get stronger… which they DESERVE!

Same for flame mages… they aren’t that strong early on(not as strong as muskeets at least), but are much stronger later…

Musketeer either should get a early game nerf and add late game strength or don’t change anything, since it would be too op to be the best throughout whole game…

Flag Post

musketeers need double the effort to get their weapons crafted and enchanted, also high DPS doesn’t mean OP in every way.

Flag Post

I’m only level 16 but the Musketeers do way more damage than my fire mage.

Flag Post

thegoodlocust get to level 40 and tell me your thoughts again

Flag Post

It might be my build too. I’m not focused on AoE damage. I’m level 20 now. My maxed skills are fireball and rod attack.

IMO there shouldn’t be clearly inferior builds. I focused on single shot attacks for boss fights, but they aren’t that great currently. I tend to spend far more time getting good items in order to keep up.

Flag Post

ultimate shot is really OP though….