Forums I AM PLAYR

No Permanent Boots

13 posts

Flag Post

Just got the Nike sponsorship thing, realised that i only got a trial boot. WTF is that all about. Pretty sure with all the hullaballoo mini-storyline with the agents and whatnot preceding it, I’d surely get a permanent pair.

But noooo. The April 23rd update sucks big time. I don’t know what to say. You used to own a great game, now you own a shit game but not shit enough that you’d actually lose money.

The elimination of permanent boots is motivated by financial and profit reasons. And i don’t like it. Pretty sure your game used to be awesome enough so that you’ve enough profit. Why “liquidize” the game now?

I AM PLAYR is a sellout. Out of here.

Flag Post

Glad I got mine before the update then…

If they ever take them away from me I’m gone too.

Flag Post

We’re always adjusting and evaluating the game based on user feedback and stats. Obviously, we need to keep a steady stream of revenue going as without it we can’t afford to maintain the game at all. Brand sponsorship just about covers filming of related content and little else.

User purchases are important to us, but we are about to adjust boots shortly to make them more worthwhile – free trials will still be given out on occasion, which allows free users to still benefit from the boot for a short amount of time. Any boots currently permanently owned will be kept.

This will be an ongoing process, to adjust and re-adjust items, cost and availability as the game progresses so please keep the feedback coming.
Thanks

Sal A

Flag Post

I hope you at least give players the chance to buy the former sponsorships boots

Flag Post

My goal was to buy new boots, that’s why i kept playing…. guess i’m out then = /

Flag Post

totally agree with ^
I hate playing games where you can only buy things that last for a very short amount of time…
2/5 and only that high because it’s obvious you at least tried to make a decent game

Flag Post

100% agree – lame that you can no longer buy permanent boots…. They should bring this feature back – at least for some of the boots.

Flag Post

whilst i still play the game, the fact that you can only get trial boots really annoys me, based on some of these comments it seems like your plan to get more money from users is back firing on yourself and you are just loosing users, there fore i think you should bring back perminant boots

Flag Post

Best ones might be cash only, but some should be aviable trow other means. Not that i m a free2 play, but buying stuff that last 5 games is kinda stupid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WeRInteractive:

We’re always adjusting and evaluating the game based on user feedback and stats. Obviously, we need to keep a steady stream of revenue going as without it we can’t afford to maintain the game at all. Brand sponsorship just about covers filming of related content and little else.

User purchases are important to us, but we are about to adjust boots shortly to make them more worthwhile – free trials will still be given out on occasion, which allows free users to still benefit from the boot for a short amount of time. Any boots currently permanently owned will be kept.

This will be an ongoing process, to adjust and re-adjust items, cost and availability as the game progresses so please keep the feedback coming.
Thanks

Sal A

No free trials for me…yet.

Flag Post

I just started playing, and really like the game. I started looking into getting some boots perm. I looked to see if there were any way of getting boots to keep, not trials. That is when I stumbled upon this thread. It seems to me that all the devs accomplished was alienating their fan base. Those who played for free, will still play for free. Those that paid probably won’t pay more, or may even stop playing. They will likely find that their increase in “stream of revenue” will be short lived and then crash hard.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WeRInteractive:

Thanks

Sal A

If you think taking away the few things worth playing for is helping your "steady stream of revenue’ then you and anyone else backing this idea is dumb as fuck. Sorry, but there is no other wording that can truly encompass just how damn stupid it is. If you make a great game with no “MUST PAY” hassles people will gladly throw money at you. If you continue to alienate people by forcing them to pay real money for things then your revenue will gradually decrease until you guys are looking for another job. So, here’s to another great opportunity since this will never change. This game sucked and was a money-grabber since day one and I’m sad gullible fools are still pouring in. Here’s to the new Kongregate!!! No more free to play games! Oh, well, unless you think half a game is great and don’t mind paying for the rest.

Flag Post

Wow, all that work to get the Nike Sponsorship and the boots are only Trials?! (I only found this out by also learning that training cost trial points…)
Seem’s like this was a bad move as it really kills the game. Is there any chance this game will get an update?