Preview - What's Next!

18 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone,

Elemental Power has been live for almost 2 months now and we are so happy you’ve been enjoying our game. In the last 2 months we’ve made a lot of improvements including: 30 new cards, Daily Rewards, Offline PvP, 20 new Campaign side-missions, an endurance spring, 5 timed treasure chests, and more…

But we have a lot more planned for the coming months including:
- Expeditions: Quests that allow you to use cards outside of your deck to earn you more Gold, Runes and Cards.
- Tier 8 Evolutions: Cards will be able to evolve to Tier 8.
- Cross-elemental evolutions: Some cards may evolve into a different elemental type.
- Elite Cards: Higher-tier variants of lower tier cards.
- Shadow Cards: ????
- More campaign missions & maps
- Dungeons
- Tournaments
- Better PVP matchmaking
- Guilds

We’re a small team so don’t expect this stuff overnight, but we have big plans for Elemental Power and we’re glad you’re playing.

The entire team reads this forum so if you have any comments and suggestions, please let us know.

Thank you.

Flag Post

YAY, MOAR CARDZ!!

Flag Post

- Expeditions: Quests that allow you to use cards outside of your deck to earn you more Gold, Runes and Cards.
this sounds very interesting, 1 question though:
In this context, what does “use” mean? does it mean “utilize”, as in “use a tool” or “expend”, as in “use money”?

- Tier 8 Evolutions: Cards will be able to evolve to Tier 8.
when these cards are released, will platinum packs be able to drop them, or will we need to get tier 7s and evolve them to get tier 8s?

- Cross-elemental evolutions: Some cards may evolve into a different elemental type.
this sounds… strange… on the subject of evolutions (especially since it affects this question) will we ever be able to influence what card something evolve to, if it has multiple evolutions?
scenario: a green card can evolve either to a green card or a blue card, I really want the green card, since I already have 5 blue cards and only 3 green cards in my deck, will I be able to influence the odds in my favor?

- Elite Cards: Higher-tier variants of lower tier cards
does this simply mean new evolutions for some of the currently weaker cards in the game? such as ravenous claws, nightwalker, bloody werewolf, spirit ruler, redling warlord.
or does this mean:
elite redling, evolves to elite redling shaman, elite redling guard, elite hellscout
or:
elite redling, evolves to bloodknight, redling warlord, hellfire overlord, lord of hell

- Shadow Cards: ????
I will not speculate, though I do have a guesstimation as to what this might mean.

- More campaign missions & maps
will the new map(s) come with side quests at launch, or will sidequests be added over time?

- Dungeons
will they be part of the campaign?
if so, what makes them different from sidequests?
if not, how will they be different from the campaign?
will they be randomly generated?

- Tournaments
cool, what format are we talking? single elimination is probably not the best way to go considering the random factor is pretty big in this game.

- Better PVP matchmaking
sounds good.

- Guilds
I assume the guilds are between players, if so, what advantage would there be to being in a guild? will the existence of guilds influence tournaments, pvp or dungeons?

Flag Post

Great Questions!

Expeditions: – Use means utilize not expend.

Tier 8: We haven’t finalized what Packs will or will not contain, but Tier 7 cards will evolve into Tier 8.

Cross-Elemental: Absolutely. This is one of the big outstanding items we need to add to upgrade/evolve. At that Evolve step we want to make it so you can change the outcome and make it more clear about what you will get.

Elite-Cards: These will probably exist outside of the evolution paths. The purpose of these is to let traditionally lower-level cards be used competitively at higher levels. E.g., say you really like a Tier 3 monster, but you’ve long since outgrown that guy. We can introduce an Elite version of that monster that operates like a Tier 7 or Tier 8. Same art and animation, but Power and skills that are more fitting for a higher level card.

Campaign: We’ll probably launch with the main campaign first then add side-missions later. Side missions can be added a lot faster now.

Dungeons: There will be different types of dungeons with different rules. They will be much more challenging than the current side-quests but many will be repeatable for awesome treasure. We’re going to hand-make the dungeons (at least at first). They will work similarly to campaigns/side-missions but with much larger maps to really give us the space to make unique experiences.

Tournaments: We haven’t made concrete plans on what format we’ll be following. But we did just sketch out a design for a potential 2v2 mode.

Guilds: This one is definitely the furthest out. Our designs here are very high-level still.

Flag Post

thank you for the answers, these news make me really excited for the future :D

I have no more questions for now, but elite cards, dungeons and expeditions sound like they will be really great additions to the game. and being able to influence the evolution step will be a very welcome feature :)

Good luck and may thy debugging go smoothly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RoadhouseInter:

Great Questions!

Expeditions: – Use means utilize not expend.

Tier 8: We haven’t finalized what Packs will or will not contain, but Tier 7 cards will evolve into Tier 8.

Cross-Elemental: Absolutely. This is one of the big outstanding items we need to add to upgrade/evolve. At that Evolve step we want to make it so you can change the outcome and make it more clear about what you will get.

Elite-Cards: These will probably exist outside of the evolution paths. The purpose of these is to let traditionally lower-level cards be used competitively at higher levels. E.g., say you really like a Tier 3 monster, but you’ve long since outgrown that guy. We can introduce an Elite version of that monster that operates like a Tier 7 or Tier 8. Same art and animation, but Power and skills that are more fitting for a higher level card.

Campaign: We’ll probably launch with the main campaign first then add side-missions later. Side missions can be added a lot faster now.

Dungeons: There will be different types of dungeons with different rules. They will be much more challenging than the current side-quests but many will be repeatable for awesome treasure. We’re going to hand-make the dungeons (at least at first). They will work similarly to campaigns/side-missions but with much larger maps to really give us the space to make unique experiences.

Tournaments: We haven’t made concrete plans on what format we’ll be following. But we did just sketch out a design for a potential 2v2 mode.

Guilds: This one is definitely the furthest out. Our designs here are very high-level still.

What would be the cost for a guild? I’m always looking forward to making one.

Flag Post

actually, I have one more question:
lets say we have an elite dragon pup, will this elite dragon pup have the same stats as an inferno dragon?

or rephrased: will elite creatures have the same (or very similar) stats as the normal creatures highest evolution?

if that is the case, how will elite versions of creatures with multiple evolutions be handled?

basically, will there be a predictable pattern to what stats elite creatures get? (such that if we have a card of any type, we can immediately calculate what stats the elite version of that card would have, even if we have never seen the actual elite version) or will every single elite creature be hand-crafted by you the developers in a way that makes every card have stats unique to that elite card?
(hoping for the predictable pattern)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Robin001:

actually, I have one more question:
lets say we have an elite dragon pup, will this elite dragon pup have the same stats as an inferno dragon?

or rephrased: will elite creatures have the same (or very similar) stats as the normal creatures highest evolution?

if that is the case, how will elite versions of creatures with multiple evolutions be handled?

basically, will there be a predictable pattern to what stats elite creatures get? (such that if we have a card of any type, we can immediately calculate what stats the elite version of that card would have, even if we have never seen the actual elite version) or will every single elite creature be hand-crafted by you the developers in a way that makes every card have stats unique to that elite card?
(hoping for the predictable pattern)

Good question!

Our initial thinking is to hand-craft every Elite card. We don’t just want the card to work the exact same as its top-tier evolution. An Elite Dragon Pup should be competitive against someone with an Inferno Dragon, but with not necessarily the same stats or nuances.

Flag Post

that sounds like quite the challenge you have ahead of you, thanks for clarifying and good luck!

Flag Post

3 more questions I came up with today:

Shadow cards:
1. Will we be able to use shadow cards in PvP?
2. If yes, will shadow cards be fairly easily acquired?
3. Of the two following statements, which one is more correct?
3.1. Shadow cards are shadow counterparts to normal cards. example: Shadow Adamant Golem, Shadow Redling, Shadow Frozen Edge.
3.2. Shadow cards are an individual type of card with it’s own unique cards, kind of like it’s own element. example: Droplette of Shadow, Dark Lord, Complete Silence.

I assume shadow cards will have some gimmick to them, something that makes them function not the way other cards function, but I would prefer to leave the specifics un-spoiled, and so I would like to know the answers to the above questions, which I don’t think are too intrusive on the secrets of the shadows while still giving some information regarding how we ought to prepare for the coming of shadow cards.

Flag Post
Cards will be able to evolve to Tier 8.

that was good enough for me to go ahead and buy the vip pack.

Flag Post

Hey guys,

We’ve been a bit quiet the last month but we haven’t stopped work on this game. We’ve dug deep and are building Expeditions and Dungeons for a future patch. This has been a lot of work which has kept us from releasing smaller new things.

Should only be a few weeks more before we have something worthy to release to you. I’ll screengrab the features in development and give you some insight into how they’ll work in the next week or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Flag Post

Awesome, I hope it really brings in a bigger community

Flag Post

Is there any news on development?

Flag Post

Kinda get the feeling that this game is dead.

Flag Post

News of our death is greatly exaggerated.

Flag Post

Roadhouse is alive! guys look!

Flag Post

Does this mean an update is coming?? :D