Does Kongregate Ban Hackers?

24 posts

Flag Post

So, does Kongregate ban hackers? Having a look on the Mardek RPG Chapter 3 scores, we see this Raygos17 guy who apparently has five of every thing you can only complete once.

Solo arenas completed
username score
1 Raygos17 Levelbug14 5

Annihilated Karnos
username score
1 Raygos17 5

Annihilated Animus
username score
1 Raygos17 5

The list just goes on. He also has five crystals… Which are impossible to obtain, since you can only get three in the course of the game.

Crystals Acquired
username score
1 Raygos17 5
2 Flish 3
3 AkaSmiley 3
4 Berans 3

There’s also a Rockdrake guy in the Monsters Slain and Battles Won sections who seems to have managed to kill about 3000 times more than everyone else.

username score

1 RockDrake24 92,830
2 rohirricwarrior 2,333
3 DouglasGrave 2,060

So, are these people going to get IP banned, or is Kongregate just going to retardedly delete their accounts so they can just make a new one and carry on clogging up the servers? Added them to friends to check.

I forgot our good friend gizemsiz, who appears to have got more treasure than it’s possible to obtain in game.
username score
1 gizemsiz 513

Flag Post

No.
Kongregate only bans hackers if they tell others how to hack or do other bad stuff that violate the rules. In most other cases, they only get their Kongregate points reduced (someone lost 11000 points because of hacking), and probably a 7 day ban at maximum.

Flag Post

So… They’re perpetuating the problem? Seems stupid to me. Get rid of the problem by permanently banning them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DevouringPlague:

So… They’re perpetuating the problem? Seems stupid to me. Get rid of the problem by permanently banning them.

Does them cheating i the game affect you? No? So why do you care?

It’s not like it’s a multplayer game that they are cheating on to beat other players, it’s a single player game that they were maybe sad enough to complete 5 times? If those things can only be done once per game, maybe they did them in 5 different games

Flag Post

I was so sure they would get banned.

Flag Post

I, myself, have hacked for about 10 badges on Kong (including 1 impossible) and ruined over 30 scoreboards, and I haven’t ever seen a warning message or any penalty sent to me. So I guess they don’t. My game scores are still deleted though.
That was two years ago. I have stopped hacking, because it sounds stupid to me now. I just don’t deserve the badges that I suck too much to get. Plus, I don’t want to ruin more scoreboards.

Plus, it shouldn’t really matter. Perma-banning for hacking is pretty stupid. There are a lot of things that are worth perma-banning on Kongregate, and they better do it instead of loading the scoreboards to find hackers all the time. Not to even mention that it is very difficult to ban hackers, as they can be glitch abusers instead (Sonny, anyone?) – and nobody wants to be banned for accidentally abusing a glitch. So unless it damages Kongregate in some more serious way, hackers most likely won’t be banned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

It’s not like it’s a multplayer game that they are cheating on to beat other players, it’s a single player game that they were maybe sad enough to complete 5 times? If those things can only be done once per game, maybe they did them in 5 different games

I think it’s the fact that it has/had some sort of highscore list or something of that nature.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

I, myself, have hacked for about 10 badges on Kong (including 1 impossible) and ruined over 30 scoreboards, and I haven’t ever seen a warning message or any penalty sent to me. So I guess they don’t. My game scores are still deleted though.
That was two years ago. I have stopped hacking, because it sounds stupid to me now. I just don’t deserve the badges that I suck too much to get. Plus, I don’t want to ruin more scoreboards.

Plus, it shouldn’t really matter. Perma-banning for hacking is pretty stupid. There are a lot of things that are worth perma-banning on Kongregate, and they better do it instead of loading the scoreboards to find hackers all the time. Not to even mention that it is very difficult to ban hackers, as they can be glitch abusers instead (Sonny, anyone?) – and nobody wants to be banned for accidentally abusing a glitch. So unless it damages Kongregate in some more serious way, hackers most likely won’t be banned.

Oh, no, the poor glitch abusers! Whatever shall we do without them?!

Honestly, there’s a differentiation between glitches and out and out hacking. If they don’t permaban hackers, then they just have to spend more time adminning to prevent those hackers from messing stuff up.

It is costing more money (or at least time and effort) for Kongregate not to permanently ban hackers than it does to only temporarily (or even not at all, as seems to be the case) ban them. This is ridiculous.

Originally posted by dd790:

Well, yes, it does. For one it causes point inflation, reducing the meaning of having high points to nothing. Two, high scores shouldn’t be there if hackers don’t get punished.

No, it’s a score that only goes on once. I’ve checked. It’s your high score per game, so you don’t increase the score if you do it more than once. So, yes, they had to hack.

Flag Post

Well, yes, it does. For one it causes point inflation, reducing the meaning of having high points to nothing. Two, high scores shouldn’t be there if hackers don’t get punished.

No, it’s a score that only goes on once. I’ve checked. It’s your high score per game, so you don’t increase the score if you do it more than once. So, yes, they had to hack.

oh no, the value inflates so they are worth less D:

Also, it could still be a glitch. Are you 100% sure that Raygos17 is hacking and didn’t just find a glitch?

Flag Post

lol no. they are the customers. having less customers doesnt help anyone, and they do no harm

Flag Post

Also, most hackers only hack their score high enough to get whichever badge they are after. They know that getting on the high score list with an impossibly high score means getting caught.

how do you think I got my badges?

Flag Post

NOTE: This post may contain terrible grammar.

Whatever, I don’t think you should be banned for hacking. It is also the developer’s fault to make the game easily hackable/cheatable. If you hack to get some obvious score, then your reputation goes down, people start calling you a hacker and stuff, and I think that is enough of a penalty.

point inflation

Point inflation, you say? I’m personally fine with it. Hackers get 11,000 points in one single day and reach level 40+. I only get about 50 per day, but I am still happy because I obtained that legitmately. Of course, just because you somehow reached level 65 legitmately, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be proud of that, and you still won’t be a hacker.

high scores shouldn’t be there if hackers don’t get punished.

Kongregate does remove cheating scores. And things like this do happen if you somehow cheat too much. It happened when the score leaderboard was flooded with people getting 11,000 points in a single day.

Flag Post

I think they should permaban repeat offenders, simply to make enforcement easier

Flag Post

damn that on critter forge a guy named chinze hackerz
made me spend 40k+ 37k on his wak birds

Flag Post
Originally posted by sachin0730:

damn that on critter forge a guy named chinze hackerz
made me spend 40k+ 37k on his wak birds

Gravedigger, this isn’t a thread to complain.

Flag Post

I never hack because im not a hacker ;)

Flag Post

Wow. You’ve spent a lot of time not hacking in the last couple of days. I wish I could not hack as well as you

Flag Post

Actually,NOT BAD. Do ya get banned from reason:Acount use for only trolling.And before that I trolled people in Kongregate. So everyone when see me,MUTE ME. That guy(who mute me) is not hacking.Because hacking is bad.VERY BAD.

Flag Post

Actully I am mariosonic106

Flag Post

Why the hell did you necro a post that has been dead for 598 days? Your post isn’t even ontopic.
Also, learn how to use English correctly.

Flag Post

If Kongregate permanently banned all hackers, it would cost it lots of people, and it would lose money for no reason. What it should do is punishing hackers and making them think twice before hacking.

Flag Post

punishing hackers

By taking all their candy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by exemplary:

Also, most hackers only hack their score high enough to get whichever badge they are after. They know that getting on the high score list with an impossibly high score means getting caught.

how do you think I got my badges?

Looks like he shouldn’t have said that :P. (check his profile)

Flag Post

If they use it on people like the big vags of Xbox, yea. Any other reason, nah