Wolfy (platinum shield Or Glove)
Death ( //)

Knight (for the sake of Shield spel)
goblins (cous goblins are cute X_X)
Guys with regeneration spell.

Got it on first try With this set up

Walking the blade:
It will take some time, so be ready.
When youll finish lesser units, atack boss. under protective spell, Death will get to right spot automaticly if not movi him back and forth that should work. Wolfy has a 50/50 % chance to avoid Slashing Strike… so dont wory he will die to live another day. Its hard with dragon so if you cant find the right spot between him and boss… its oK, Anyway Heal your units with regeneration and Protective spell. If you fail regroup and do it again.

Flag Post

T4 (kill week bloodsucking bandtit)

Dragon (cup)
4 Ranged (Platinum blades and gloves)
Useles Unit with regeneration Spell.

Tactiks:
CHARGE !
Spam HEAL (regeneration)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Overdeath:

One other thing about people missing seven units. i think there is actually only one unit left. if you mouse over 6 of the empty portraits, 5 on the second page and the last one on the 3ed page the most doesn’t change into a pointer, but if you mouse over the other one it does, the same pointer that points to units you do have.

i could be wrong but we don’t yet have proof either way.

Originally posted by CommanderDude7:

Try this:
Once he gets close to your hero have your hero charge forward, using heal to stay alive, and let him chase you as your forces hit him from behind. Once you reach the far end simply turn around and charge back healing when needed. Repeat until Inferno is dead.
I call it Follow the Birdie.

Wow stupid birdie

Flag Post
Originally posted by XCalibre:

Trial 4 (Undead King of Beasts): It’s the King of Beasts, but much, much stronger. It will chew most things you have at this point to pieces. the good news is that the Goblin Rangers and an Angel are helping you.

Damage: It’s weak to slash, Make sure you bring Amazons (they are for stalling but might hit before dying) and Death (main Damage Dealer) at it. Also, since it leaps far ahead to attack, Elf Rangers can both stall with high pop and damage it when something else causes it to attack.
Tanking: Nothing tanks it for very long yet, Golems will reach it just in time for one attack on higher upgrades and respawn well once it nears your edge but make sure you always make Death wear Strike Ring (or it will die) and buff it with something whenever it fights. Death is your main Damage dealer here. On an interesting note, I managed to stalemate the Beast so that his leap brings him just into range of the Power Goblins without them getting damaged, the Power Goblins are pathetic compared to when they fought you, but DPS is DPS.

Trial 5 (The End of Hope):

End of Hope is a lone Amazon Warrior who deals massive damage and heals herself with every attack proportionally to the health of what she’s hitting.

Damage: Dwarf Engineers and Elf Hunters work best, Vampires are also okay. Casters have too low pop and Centaurs tend to shoot over her head if you don’t place them right. If you’re using huge units, make sure they stay outside of her attack range (Dragon/Iron Fortress/Angel). If you let her hit any large unit, she’ll just heal faster than you can damage.
Tanking: Hobbits and Goblins (and Vampires maybe), You’ll want a lot of them and you’ll want a constant stream of them constantly keeping the End of Hope in place.

Question: I’ve finished everything, including all achievements save for unlock all units. But I still don’t have all units for some reason. Does anyone know how to get all units by any chance?

What I did for Trial 4, was I used Amazon, Elf, Golem, Vampire, White Tiger and Death. Gave them all Ring of Strike. Send them forward to a point, let them group, then move up to the next point to group til you reach The Undead King of Beasts. The Tiger seems to tank him pretty well along with Death. I kept using the Vampire’s regen spell and by the time the golems catch up, you have all four holding the Beast in place. From there, just keep using the Regen spell so they don’t get killed and you should have no trouble taking him out.

Flag Post

how to beat the last boss

Flag Post
Originally posted by moonslayer7:

how to beat the last boss

Page 64 at the bottom.

Flag Post

the games a bit too short tough i like it a lot its awesome but when ur done it kind of gets boring beating all levels and stuff still i wanted to say why make enemy units that u have aswell be better? I MEAN REALY just make some other units stronger that cant be unlocked its so lame if u have like a golem and there golems are 2x there size and do lots of more dps

Flag Post

how to beat the cave of trial: colossus

Flag Post

some people doesnt like ew5 art escpecially the character.
How about this one

is it better ?

follow this thread to stay tune on ew mmo projects
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/210694-epic-war-mmo

Flag Post

here is the thing, epic war 4, AMAZING!!!!!!, i loved the length, the extra dificuties, the calvery, the extra heros, all the amazing charectures and the level up system, now epic war 5, it is way too short, like epic war 3 i do not wanna restart the game as a new weak person in order to make it longer, nor do i like how it is one level and your done, only reason to go back is to get the items and thoughs repetedly get replace too offten, the fact that the hero caint die is the constraint makes it WAY too easy and makes the hero USELESS, just dont move him, and your fine, i dont like that, the level up…. have to move from guy to guy… click close click close and each guy has different xp to use?? no, the charecteres were, ok, work on the skins, I SOOOO MISS THE CALVERY, and this is a tower defence stratagy game, give us a tower to defend, even the hell guy was too easy, come on man, epic war 4 was by far the best

Flag Post

I have to agree with Kito back on page 61, I felt this was a great step back. And I didn’t really feel a lot of originality with the redrawn units, I only really liked Etherica, and the redrawn Diablos and demon, the one with the giant sword. And I HATE Diablos! (Earth Dragon here). Playwise, he has always been the worst Titan, and therefore the worst unit overall. The only reason the boss is even difficult is the new boss sprite is so large he finally has the range and speed he never could while small. Once you earn him, he’s back to being useless. The golems were alright, the glowy bits reminded me of colossi or the ones from Castlevania, but I hated how freakin’ slow they move, at some point you’ve gone past ‘balance’ and straight into ‘annoyance’ and THAT was it. They also attack very slow. They are a poor replacement for yeti. Also you should consider a lot more upgrades per unit + FFX style sphere grid, because the game doesn’t feel anywhere near as ‘epic’ as the units are all toned down from past games, aside from white tiger, who is both new and feels like he has a lot of that old power. (you turned the weretigers into a titan, but you also gave it an interesting new attack, so this was a good move) Also attaching spells to units was pretty bad, especially since the units themselves never use them. Everyone has been nerfed, which makes the trials extra challenging in a bad way. You can no longer complete extra 7+ with a ‘slightly modified from my favorite setup,’ you must use very specific combinations to win, even maxed out. Meanwhile, in 4 you can actually FARM big enemies for gold to finish maxing those Titans. Now the little guys like goblins move so slow you may as well go Taurus/Hell Raider. And then you go and make losing the hero instant death? What the hell man. Overall, everything feels a lot slower and less powerful. And therefore less epic.
And what is up with the slutty naked elves man, the hunters looked better before. This is just crappy WoW-ish design in general. Could have kept the lamias for that, or rework the witches to be the ‘dance around the campfire’ type.
Oh I forgot to mention, the phantom/vampire. I say these are equally good, artwise, but it sucks to have another unit that just plain falls over when killed. Killing a group of phantoms to watch them combust was a real joy, more units along those lines.
Valkyrie to amazon was another failure. New design plain boring, see warriors of troy for interesting amazon designs. Also yet another unit that got a range reduction.
Aside from the minor speed drop not much change to goblin/hobbit/dwarf. Dwarf could use a bit more ‘techy’ gear to justify exploding though.
Knight is good, he really only needs one more +50 attack and some pop.
Wizard nowhere near as good as sylph. Perhaps Sylph should have stayed and wizard uses his attack differently?
Bombers improved in pop, but lack attack power still. Mostly useless.
Magic Cannon, preferred old design, they seem to have lost attack power. Replace those 3 hearts with +50s and then we’ll talk.
Gorilla still works well. Holy cow are the CPU ones overpowered though! Where do I get those? 3 rocks in the face and my hero bought it.
Troll: High health but I found them quite useless. There was always a better unit. Perhaps they should have higher resists + regen.
Taurus: A slight drop in health/power but overall the same. Still a great delay unit.
Hell raider: Good stuff, one of the few that feel like a good addition. The poison cloud spell is kind of useless though.
Black Dragon: One of the few to power up and feel more deadly. Also like that he moves back farther when attacking. The cyberneticish blue dragon felt more unique. I wouldn’t mind keeping both and trashing Diablos.
Celestial Angel: To be fair this is not a bad redesign, but having grown up with Spawn and Chaos and heck even Hawkgirl, it’s…not stupendously original. Preferred the more ethereal and spirit-like angel. The redone attack looks and sounds more powerful, but I need to max her out first.
Those’re all I have so far. With the gameplay complaints out of the way, I will say, vastly improved story. Good work on that, and on making it feel like you have a reason to be going to all these different locales. Also good that we finally have some new music. Those are the two major plusses of EW5. I will post again when I’ve gotten the rest of the units.

Flag Post

What does artlogics badge do?

Flag Post

could have been unit population

Flag Post
Originally posted by moskaubear:

I have to agree with Kito back on page 61, I felt this was a great step back. And I didn’t really feel a lot of originality with the redrawn units, I only really liked Etherica, and the redrawn Diablos and demon, the one with the giant sword. And I HATE Diablos! (Earth Dragon here). Playwise, he has always been the worst Titan, and therefore the worst unit overall. The only reason the boss is even difficult is the new boss sprite is so large he finally has the range and speed he never could while small. Once you earn him, he’s back to being useless. The golems were alright, the glowy bits reminded me of colossi or the ones from Castlevania, but I hated how freakin’ slow they move, at some point you’ve gone past ‘balance’ and straight into ‘annoyance’ and THAT was it. They also attack very slow. They are a poor replacement for yeti. Also you should consider a lot more upgrades per unit + FFX style sphere grid, because the game doesn’t feel anywhere near as ‘epic’ as the units are all toned down from past games, aside from white tiger, who is both new and feels like he has a lot of that old power. (you turned the weretigers into a titan, but you also gave it an interesting new attack, so this was a good move) Also attaching spells to units was pretty bad, especially since the units themselves never use them. Everyone has been nerfed, which makes the trials extra challenging in a bad way. You can no longer complete extra 7+ with a ‘slightly modified from my favorite setup,’ you must use very specific combinations to win, even maxed out. Meanwhile, in 4 you can actually FARM big enemies for gold to finish maxing those Titans. Now the little guys like goblins move so slow you may as well go Taurus/Hell Raider. And then you go and make losing the hero instant death? What the hell man. Overall, everything feels a lot slower and less powerful. And therefore less epic.
And what is up with the slutty naked elves man, the hunters looked better before. This is just crappy WoW-ish design in general. Could have kept the lamias for that, or rework the witches to be the ‘dance around the campfire’ type.
Oh I forgot to mention, the phantom/vampire. I say these are equally good, artwise, but it sucks to have another unit that just plain falls over when killed. Killing a group of phantoms to watch them combust was a real joy, more units along those lines.
Valkyrie to amazon was another failure. New design plain boring, see warriors of troy for interesting amazon designs. Also yet another unit that got a range reduction.
Aside from the minor speed drop not much change to goblin/hobbit/dwarf. Dwarf could use a bit more ‘techy’ gear to justify exploding though.
Knight is good, he really only needs one more +50 attack and some pop.
Wizard nowhere near as good as sylph. Perhaps Sylph should have stayed and wizard uses his attack differently?
Bombers improved in pop, but lack attack power still. Mostly useless.
Magic Cannon, preferred old design, they seem to have lost attack power. Replace those 3 hearts with +50s and then we’ll talk.
Gorilla still works well. Holy cow are the CPU ones overpowered though! Where do I get those? 3 rocks in the face and my hero bought it.
Troll: High health but I found them quite useless. There was always a better unit. Perhaps they should have higher resists + regen.
Taurus: A slight drop in health/power but overall the same. Still a great delay unit.
Hell raider: Good stuff, one of the few that feel like a good addition. The poison cloud spell is kind of useless though.
Black Dragon: One of the few to power up and feel more deadly. Also like that he moves back farther when attacking. The cyberneticish blue dragon felt more unique. I wouldn’t mind keeping both and trashing Diablos.
Celestial Angel: To be fair this is not a bad redesign, but having grown up with Spawn and Chaos and heck even Hawkgirl, it’s…not stupendously original. Preferred the more ethereal and spirit-like angel. The redone attack looks and sounds more powerful, but I need to max her out first.
Those’re all I have so far. With the gameplay complaints out of the way, I will say, vastly improved story. Good work on that, and on making it feel like you have a reason to be going to all these different locales. Also good that we finally have some new music. Those are the two major plusses of EW5. I will post again when I’ve gotten the rest of the units.

Finally someone listened me. Thanks for agreeing. I agree with you too. Certain units become obsolete throughout the game, there being no either the need to exist. I certainly would put a star in my critical if there were DIFFERENT UNITS, and not, REDESIGNED UNITS.
You used a big number of units 3 times consecutively. This is absurd. Look, if you need creativity get help from someone who is not part of the team.
Create units that are different from any others that not leave the line of epicness. I already commented bout the puppet that throws explosives or light bolts. How about a machine hydra? Or a titanium lion with two heads? Or a floating crystal dome with a green eye that shoots lightning rays or lasers? Or perhaps a magician who casts air blades flying around? This is quite different. Try something new
Make the difference.

Flag Post

Please, return to guah-hajj!

Flag Post

could anybody say all the units and how to unlock it

Flag Post
Originally posted by sora90:

could anybody say all the units and how to unlock it

By beating levels, really is it that hard to beat the levels one by one?

Flag Post

I think it is the best

Flag Post

i really cant seem to beat hte infeno any ideas?

Flag Post

Centaur unit was redone this series so thats invalid and hobbits have been out of the series

for awhile. That leaves a total of 4 units staying the same with a dozen new ones. Seems like he

still has ideas to me. I do feel he brings enough fantasy into the game, the story is the best

yet with it not being the same for each hero with the names switched around. As to difficulty I

suppose that is more opinion as I feel that this one was not unbalanced except on the fragility

of the hero which you could work around. I do not disrespect I merely seek to find reasoning for

criticism. I only gave this a 4/5 myself.

Reskinning is hardly indicative of a ‘new idea,’ the new dwarf is nothing but the Taurus

reskinned, but faster. Moving a few digits here and there just doesn’t show me much. And the

lamia has a heavily nerfed attack, why is it a downward stab instead of a thrust? The range is

limited to the point of uselessness.

The hardest boss in the game is trial stage 1, the best way to beat him is to have a few

fast units built as tank, then use archers, centaurs, and gorrillas all with high damage items

on them, buff them with the tigers attack damage constantly once you get to the boss, and pull

the back so that the boss doesn’t kill them.

FYI, it’s actually better to let the tigers die, it takes as much time to get a new one as it

does to heal one, unless you halted your troops early on to build like 5 of those healing

altars. (Running back and forth works much better on the iron fortress because it’s so

dreadfully slow.) If you use the cheapout hobbit/wall stall on undead beast king you can do that

for him too.

Alrighty, I finally got some time to beat that swordswoman. Lets take a look at the last units

and items.

Forgot to talk about Death on that last post…Death is good, but he has two wasted skill slots.

Just give him meteor 2 as a spell, the other two spells are redundant (In fact playing with the

queen makes about half the spells in the GAME redundant since she learns the best of those). I

am really really hating these wasted spell slots, especially since NOBODY has a mana+ skill.

Worthless. Death would be a lot better with an extra 50/100 attack and 500 health replacing

those two spells.

Inferno and the Black Dragon seem to be the only two who, maxed out, retain their old power

levels. As well, the Dragon is the only unit feeling MORE powerful because he pulls back far

enough to avoid damage. I rec BD to be taken with you against the Iron Fortress, he deals at

least 3 times the amount of damage Death can, however he takes longer to come back. Taking both

of them will mutilate the Iron Fortress.

Having beaten Iron Fortress and Swordswoman multiple times, it’s quite ridiculous, but NOW it finally feels like the units are back at their old unbuffed power levels. The Robo Suit gives tanks their old health levels (and is absolutely silly on the black dragon and Inferno), and the Hercules Ring gives attackers back their former EW3/4 stats
. That’s a little ridiculous if you ask me! Unfortunately no item gives the hero back his old stats (which are more than halved!) nor his respawning. Poison rune is a real monster on those suicide bomber guys, as is lightning, for bosses resistant to poison.
Diablos/Earth Dragon is, once again, totally useless however. Even with Super Robot Suit he dies before he reaches the Beast King. He gets stuck attacking that single-goblin stream instead. Wow, you, just totally totally suck dude. He definitely needs to be replaced by the lord of shadows on the next one. I noticed that Inferno has a longer recharge time than the BD, why? The BD outclasses him in nearly every way. The only thing that Inferno has over him is being able to keep moving while attacking. Phoenix is kind of annoying, his weakness to magic sort of necessitates omega seal for most challenge levels, and he doesn’t hit enough times in one shot. Lord of Hell is ok, but the fact he is the only dude other than swordswoman and death with slash boosts his worthwhileness. Makes undead beast king a LOT easier.

Speaking of Undead Beast king, far better strategy for him. Death (with Omega Seal), Lord of Hell, Elf hunter, Hell Raider or Lamia with Strike ring (FINALLY a use for them), Vampire, Tiger. Because there are no other enemies on his stage, and because of how tiger attacks work, you want SMALLER ‘epic units’ in play. He can’t hit them as many times each pass as he can hit the golem, now just cast regen whenever you aren’t green, and fire meteors whenever you hit 75! If you time it correctly, Death should never die (hah) and deal a constant stream of damage. If you are using the queen as your hero, pick a better attacker of your choice to replace vampire. You will pretty much have Beast King stunlocked between tiger and Death. If you beat the lords of hell first, then give the turtle shell to the lamia. Now all you need to do is pay attention to the tiger and Death and make sure they stay in front of Beast King. (When he leaps back and forth, sometimes Death will move to the other side of him.) You can also speed up regen by planting an altar behind the beast king.

Did like finally having the lord of hell but you know I distinctly remember having all extra units BEFORE completing the game 100%, it was a big mistake to put so many unlocks towards the end, it just makes the nerfed units even more obvious.

Flag Post

Was afraid of running out of room, replying to Kito, those are some fine ideas. As well, one thing to remember is that if you look at attack animations, we’ve LOST some. Too many of the melee units simply run forwards and slash or thrust. The queen’s a good start in a new direction, lets have some non-epic units of the weaker variety that use different feeling attacks! This will not only let them dodge a few attacks from the enemy group, but give you a reason to put. Say for instance a harpy unit that dives like the queen, and you give them the poison rune or the ice rune. Even if they have low attack they are now a useful support unit!

Flag Post

Use walls to beat the inferno. They impede his progress just like they do yours. (The other buildings aren’t strong enough.)

Flag Post

I must be the only person who played epic war 1 and 2 and was like eh the tower sucks and it’s to hard to win without it, not enough thought and mindless clicking is everywhere round here, E3 comes out so i try that and i was like F!@# YEA! but then 4 came out and it was like yea (quieter less excited voice) since it was pretty much the same thing well mentally i guess, i still liked it it just wasn’t all like F#$% YEA! anymore, i had pretty much asumed Epic War was over after the 4th one, i mean i myself could come up with at least 20 things to add or change or default on, now after playing 5 i’m just kinda like wow… it’s fun, but it’s short and lacks replay value i guess, multiplayer could help but you would have to add designs for the other side of the map, but if it’s hero vs hero instead of castle vs castle win rules i can see things like baiting being done, then again i can also see the hero being able to garrison himself too. if an Epic war 6 every came out i’d want to see ALOT more lvls, i’d like to see challenges such as mirror mode, computer has same units that you do, same ammount same damage, and can do anything the player can do, that way your not even guranteed to win, and you can probably have alot more fun challenging yourself then some 100k hp boss that 1 hits you so u down him with arrows,spears spells, and have lil frodo die 10k times 20 mins later you think seriously? >.> i’d have walked over frodo but thats just me if i was u know “EPIC”, what i really did enjoy was being able to make a squad out of just about anyone with the badass wolf (easily my favorite unit) and death (my DD while the wolf tanks XD) and try to come up with stradegies in place of lets say 5 ranged dudes and frodo, and it is my belief that some levels should have boss’s bigger then the unit you unlock, yet frodo is scared and won’t reliably run to his death cuz he is to weak of a unit to resist “FEAR” effects, little things like this can really challenge people, good for em i like the idea of it, hmmm lets see i’d like to see a more lengthy upgrade system then 5 had sort of like 4 had only instead of EXP u get money, and you can buy units in the shop, for reasons such as i’d like to have certain units of the same $ class and not just get forced onto a squad for over half the game,in my case since you figure you can reuse some backdrops add in some random walls different mixes of enemies so it seems like they have a badass squad for you to overcome and just make a boss out of all the units you can play as throw on some recolors, for instance the fallen angel in 5 looked evil instead of good and the wolf etc, i can’t immagine enjoying making flash games and not litterally going ALL out on them, this game has more of a fanbase then i expected with an equal ammount of haters, but then again if the creator of EW didn’t like the first 2 compared to 3-4-5 then it can never be like it once was,if it was me i’d make a good 30 levels +10 challenges call that mode story mode, use the same maps and structures and add in several of the stronger units or the 1 thing i would do that i figure nobody figured, add in epic monsters about the same hp/damage as the ones u have only in much greater numbers, got 3 black dragons walking towards me about 20 seconds apart, >.> i’d be plotting a stradegy right about now but thats just my 2 cents, to anyone who reads this give my reguards to the WEREWOLF, whom can tank and kill his much larger version in the final stage with a little help from regen and a particular item, making him, in my oppinion the only truly epic unit.

p.s. the queen hero in 5 is by far the best

Flag Post

Oh and as for story i would enjoy seeing more like epic war 5, i personally would like a more evil approach as a player, perhaps splitting the story into a different sides by adding clickable responses, for instance in EW5 the voice from hellgate asks you to join him you could have 3 answers (not so much in context with the actual story but it helps express the idea some i guess lol)

i will not, i will fight you till the end of time until your entire realm begs me for peace, and even then i will continue for all of eternity till everything is ash. (this enables several misions in which the legions of the hellgate are your enemies)

i will join you, i will assist you in destroying this entire planet for this mockery of a fight, i only hope they can provide greater challenge then u just did creature. (this one you turn on our entire planet, the people who chose to follow you respect you as a leader and follow our commands even if they don’t agree with destroying their own world)

and this last one could be a bonus for completing the other 2 but if u could continue with all your old units each playthrough make it extremely hard

HA! you think i would cower in fear, to a mere creature i will destroy you and this planet and everything beyond there a none who can stand against my power. (so the final act so to speak would be you and your army vs. everyone else the final battle being more of a survival then an actual map, all the titans and epic monsters spawn in 1 by 1 walking towards you, testing you to see if u know how to kill them and if u can do it in a reasonable time, but the faster titans would have to come out first or i can see the giant tower getting caught up to by petty much anyone else lol)

Sorry for the long post’s and crap spelling, lack of punctuation etc i can’t really focus on the details until the idea is a complete thought _ that and it’s like 1 am, i do my best thinking when i’m tired