[Mardek 3] How to defeat Fire Guardian?

30 posts

Flag Post

I’m at the Fire Temple and I need to defeat the Fire guardian, I have ice cold water and fire resistant, but I keep getting beat…any suggestions?

Also, how do you get to the water temple? I don’t have emela anymore so anyone know?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Krauseee:

I’m at the Fire Temple and I need to defeat the Fire guardian, I have ice cold water and fire resistant, but I keep getting beat…any suggestions?

Also, how do you get to the water temple? I don’t have emela anymore so anyone know?

I haven’t gone to the Fire temple yet, so I can’t help with your main problem. BUT to get into the water temple, talk to the Goznor Shaman.

Flag Post

You’re gonna LOVE the world saviors battle :P

But seriously, do the water temple first.

Flag Post

Yeah, there’s another group of bosses directly after who are going to kick your ass afterwards.

Flag Post

Well to me the World Saviours weren’t that hard, but i did get Aalia down with 1 hit and Killed Bernard the same turn..

Flag Post
Originally posted by tobywong2:

Well to me the World Saviours weren’t that hard, but i did get Aalia down with 1 hit and Killed Bernard the same turn..

Although I have a bit of trouble believing you one-shotted Aalia, if someone’s having trouble with the fire guardian, the world saviors are gonna kill them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Procyonpi:

Although I have a bit of trouble believing you one-shotted Aalia, if someone’s having trouble with the fire guardian, the world saviors are gonna kill them.

it’s really not that difficult, i finished the world saviours with a total of 6 attacks…
(aalia and bernhard both went down with 1 attack)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kataphrakt:

it’s really not that difficult, i finished the world saviours with a total of 6 attacks…

May I ask what attack you were using? I mean, I could sorta see it in chapter 2, but the chapter three versions have a wee bit more health…

Flag Post

You need the Null Fire Once spell and Fire Pendants or Rings and everyone to resist or absorb the big mass fire spells. You should do the water temple first though. I found the fire temple first and couldn’t kill the boss either even with the water spells on the mage. Once you complete the water temple you should have a fish sword for Mardek that does kick ass water damage. Everyone else can heal or lob cold water at him. Easy that way. Just make sure that you heal up straight after the fight – then head north pick up the crystal and then it’s fighting time again!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kataphrakt:

May I ask what attack you were using? I mean, I could sorta see it in chapter 2, but the chapter three versions have a wee bit more health…

zach/mardek/legion/vehrn

zach one-hit-kills aalia with immortal injustice, vehrn one-hit-kills bernhard with divine glory, mardek kills the thief with two fire slashes and the knight guy went down with a dark claw of legion and an other immortal injustice from zach

Flag Post

Ah, okay, so you had gone and killed the bone demon first. That explains a bit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galaga1971:

You need the Null Fire Once spell and Fire Pendants or Rings and everyone to resist or absorb the big mass fire spells. You should do the water temple first though. I found the fire temple first and couldn’t kill the boss either even with the water spells on the mage. Once you complete the water temple you should have a fish sword for Mardek that does kick ass water damage. Everyone else can heal or lob cold water at him. Easy that way. Just make sure that you heal up straight after the fight – then head north pick up the crystal and then it’s fighting time again!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT ABSORB FIRE WHEN FIGHTING THE FIRE GUARDIAN!!!
Similarly, DO NOT ABSORB WATER WHEN FIGHTING THE WATER GUARDIAN!!!
And, of course, DO NOT ABSORB EARTH WHEN FIGHTING THE EARTH GUARDIAN!!!
Otherwise, their inversions will be a 1-hit KO.

Flag Post

Fairy dust the boss with Legion and he will start doing 0 damage for all his attacks it’s funny

Flag Post

You should do the water temple first as thats easier and you can get some water things from it I think

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarthKitty:

The interesting thing about this is that, if my characters dont absorb/resist the element [in this case the water guardian] it 1-hits everybody with Tsunami…so I cant exactly figure out what to do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Remembamehah:

The interesting thing about this is that, if my characters dont absorb/resist the element [in this case the water guardian] it 1-hits everybody with Tsunami…so I cant exactly figure out what to do.

ABSORB is resistance over 100%

The best way to go with the guardians is to equip their respective elemental pendants and the m (element) – 50% reaction it gives. That way, Tsunami / raging inferno / earthquake do NO damage, but inversion still only does 50% of your health.

Flag Post

Another way around this is if you have Elwyen in your party and play Ballad of Balance. Yes, you can acquire it very early in the game, just do the part where you can use Dream Circles, then I believe, the secret magic shop in Goznor sells that music sheet for Elwyen for 10K. Just play that when battling a guardian, and when it uses Inversion, even if one character’s resistance is 100% to their element, the damage will be split between all characters. (NOTE: I’m not sure if you can find Elwyen’s music sheet to learn Ballad of Balance in the secret magic shop in Goznor.)

Flag Post

When I forgot the to re-equip Mardek’s armor for the Fire Guardian I put M. Shield on and it cut the damage from Inversion in half. This is one of the times M. Shield is useful. Btw, do NOT use ANY shields against Animus. He’ll use a move, well find out for yourself if you really want to know.

Flag Post

So you don’t know nulls, do you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by chimto:

So you don’t know nulls, do you?

I only have single-target water null :|.. barely helps.

Flag Post

You can cast Nulls and certain other spells on the whole group ;) Press the left or right arrow, depending on the friendly/enemy side.

I didn’t find this out until maybe 1/3 into the game though, so you’re not alone

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecloud:

You can cast Nulls and certain other spells on the whole group ;) Press the left or right arrow, depending on the friendly/enemy side.

I didn’t find this out until maybe 1/3 into the game though, so you’re not alone

I didn’t find that out until after my second playthrough, lol. Seriously, Gloria is so insanely broken, it isn’t even funny.

Flag Post

I didn’t find that out until after my second playthrough, lol. Seriously, Gloria is so insanely broken, it isn’t even funny.

X_X… you’ve gotta be kidding me, they should say something like that in the spell description, like razor leaf where it says ‘one or more targets’

This should probably let me finally defeat the water guardian after countless amount of tries.

Flag Post

Wow just completely owned the thing .

Thanks alot for that tip!

Flag Post

Please don’t double post.