[Cursed Treasure: Don't Touch My Gems!] How to brilliant levels 14 and 15 WITHOUT LUCK!

27 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys! I love this game, but to me it seemed that in order to get the hard badge it was super hard to brilliant levels 14 and 15 because even 5 full leveled meteor spells didn’t kill the last boss in either level and you had to pray that your crypts nearby froze them or disarmed them in order to get the kill in.

However, I thought of a way last night to kill them assuming that your crypts DIDN’T freeze or disarm them. I tested it out today on level 14 and it worked! What you need to do is make sure you have your meteor spell leveled all the way (+200% damage and 100 mana cost.) and by the final wave be sure you have all 500 mana and a bit of money. Also make sure that you have the skill that makes building your fire temples give you 20 mana (See where I’m going yet?)

First of all, make SURE that the speed is set to low on the final boss so he walks slower, when he shows up spam all five of your meteors (Holding shift while you click him 5 times sends all 5 out.) whether or not he is frozen or disarmed, he’ll be weakened but not killed. This is when you very quickly place 5 fire temples (again holding shirt to do it quickly) to gain 100 more mana, then cast one more meteor spell on the boss and he should die even if he wasn’t frozen or disarmed!

This method means you can use 6 meteors on him! In order to help you gain the money, it’s a good idea to have the cut out spell upgrades that makes it only cost 50 mana to use and that it gives you 100 gold each time you use it (Trading 50 mana for 100g is a good deal.) and every time you see you don’t need mana and you’re maxed out spam cut out on random things to get more money.

This really worked for me, I hope it helps you guys :).

Flag Post

Really good idea with the 5 temples and +20 Mana to get extra fast 100 Mana to kill the ninja boss. Gratulations.
So, the temples and red skill line is good too, and a nice to have.

Flag Post

I had actually tough and tried that, what I did not know was that shift thing, thanks for the tip, very good strategy.

Flag Post

it took me a long time to realize you were talking about the fire towers. 20mp from them. yay, there goes 20 hours of my life for this award. stupid leveling. i thought i needed to be lvl 34

Flag Post

I tried three times but I still can’t get lvl 14. It’s the last one I need. I spam the first 5 and by the time I build the fire towers I’m about 1 second too late. Will try again. But I’ll probably just keep on doing it until I get lucky with a freeze. =/

Flag Post

Make sure you let one of your stronger towers hit it first and then spam meteors at it while cloacked. Also, if its the final boss, you can delete all towers except the one that does most damage (Catapult maybe?) to ensure that your first hit is a big one.

Flag Post

That would be the Hunter’s Den. It’s got a faster rate of fire and the chance for crits means a strong chance of finishing it with 2 Meteors.

Flag Post

This topic means Level 14 and 15 without luck.

And your suggestion with the tower and “crit”-chance means again, it is luck or not?

Flag Post

I haven’t had to do that, if you have maxed out firefield temples all by the enterance then when they hit him and turn on his smoke bomb, they also slow him down enough that he will decloak just before he hits your gems. If you have built up a powerful enough defense right there they can finish him off before he touches them.

Flag Post

That’s the way I was trying to do ^^
But I didn’t know about the shift, so I wasn’t quick enough.

But I find an other way… Well I think so, I didn’t made it on purpose, so what I will say, is just what I think happened.

Well, the Beholder temple, with the blaze, and the skill increase the damage from I don’t know how many, but let’s say 50% since the skill is 25% I think It might be that, or 40%, whatever. So I had beholder temples on the high ground tiles, so when the ninja boss arrives, he’s attacked by the beam, and suffer more damages from everything, and he won’t become invisible before a short moment, so the thing is to shoot immediately using shift the five meteors, the temple will cause the ninja something like 90 of damage, we add 40% of 400 = 160 twice and we have 410, like an other meteor, so to that we add the damage of the five meteors, and the ninja is done. So you have just to touch it two times with a meteor since he’s being irradiated by the temple.

Flag Post

Ok, I have tried it back, and:

1) a beholder temple is 60% blaze, so 240 extra damage per hit.
2) The radiance still works some instants after being hit by the tower, and even if he have already cloaked, it will work.
3) a 3 stars evileye temple is enough to do it x)

Flag Post

For 14 place fire temples on the towers near the spawn points first. You’ll upgrade them to the AE tower and that will make getting to the boss pretty easy. Other than that, just place towers everywhere (chopping trees down to get 100g every time you’re at 450ish mana to get max gold helps) but do not upgrade any towers, this will allow them all to get hits and level up equally rather than the beginning towers hogging all the kills. Make sure you have a Hunters Den on the nearest grass area to both spawn points and when able, max it out (wait until it gets to 5000 xp before doing any upgrades so they don’t hog kills). If you have the poison cloud and a max upgraded Den, it will hit the ninja boss and do damage to him even while he’s cloaked, that will allow you to kill him with the 5 fireballs. For 15, its nearly the same thing. Place fire temples on the top 3 Towers and eventually upgrade them to the AE damage towers (don’t do it to early like I said otherwise you gimp your other towers). Place Hunters dens on the top parts and once they get to 5000 xp, upgrade them fully. The key to both of these is just to place a mass amount of base towers everywhere. Their combined damage will get you through everything. You just need the hunters den with poison for the boss ninjas. The rest can be done with fireballs as needed.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I’ve found a new solution, and it’s always working, and there is no need for any fast clicking or luck in it. I tried two times and it worked out for me, for each time.
The key lies in this incorrect assumption: “However, I thought of a way last night to kill them assuming that your crypts DIDN’T freeze or disarm them.”
The truth, that the mana creating crypt at his highest level, actually freezes him! So build those on the high grounds on the edge, make sure it will fire first, and when the ninja boss enters, he takes a hit, then freezes, so you can land on him the 5 maxed out meteors, and he dies.

Flag Post

Take a look at your quote, didn’t FREEZE or disarm. Freezing, which is what worked for you, still is based on luck.

Flag Post

yea..varip your post was still based on luck..practically the one way I see how to do this is for him to come through the upper left corner..I usually kill him up there -both temple fully up’ed/den fully up’ed hit him at same time vs the bottem right corner..

Flag Post

The AoE temple slows down the boss, so you’ll have more time to build the towers for the last meteor.

Flag Post

I made LVL14 brilliant twice in a row without problem with mana creating crypt at his highest level. Ninja entered lower right. And i think that key, is that this kind of cryot has a special power blocking power. Make sure, that it hits first, and the last boss will like any other.

Before this method i’ve tried it approx 10 times, with different tactics, and nothing worked for me.
Now i will try again.

Flag Post

Okay, I admit, that you were right. I’ve tried and falied just now. I had luck back then, twice in a row. ;-)

Flag Post

You can hit the last ninja with 3 meteors, but you gotta hold down the shift key when firing the meteors, that way you don’t have to go back and select the meteor spell again each time.

Flag Post

Got lv14 brilliant at lv27, would have gotten it at lv25. What I did to kill the ninja boss is pretty simple: fully upgrade Blaze under temple area, then place a temple(AE one prefer) near the spawn point, hofully the Blaze will hit the boss, the burn damage + hit damage + five meteors should get the job done, all about luck~ ^^

Flag Post

You can just spam Ice tower for lv 15 (You need to have freeze & fear for this to work), not one single creep should get near the cave except the ninjas. Make sure you save mana for meteor on ninja levels.

I personally this lv 14 is hardest of all levels. You can’t kill the ninja boss with meteor & he touches your gem before invisible fades. If you want to try your probability, spam Ice tower @ left top corner. If the boss spawns there & you happen to freeze it, you kill it before you even notice. This takes more than a couple tries.

I just tried something else for the first time & it worked, so I don’t know if it’ll work for you. Build Fire tower @ both high grounds near entrance & build 3~4 (3 on left & 4 on right) Green towers. Level up them up AOE tower. Just watch out for ninja creeps, blast them with meteor. When ninja boss comes, your AOE tower should blast it enough hp so your 5 meteors can kill it.

Last thing, anyone touches your gem & the gem is put back to the cave with that skill you have (Forgot which one), you still don’t get brilliant status. Good luck!

Flag Post
Originally posted by netMartin:

This topic means Level 14 and 15 without luck.

And your suggestion with the tower and “crit”-chance means again, it is luck or not?

There is no luck involved using this strategy. If you do it right, the meteor spells do most of the work. Basically, what I am saying is a way to get 6 meteor spells on the boss instead of 5.

Flag Post

I think what netMartin was saying is hat looneylizard was talking about hunters den which uses a lot of crit. There was nothing in the comment about your strategy using luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by celestialangel13:

I think what netMartin was saying is hat looneylizard was talking about hunters den which uses a lot of crit. There was nothing in the comment about your strategy using luck.

Ooh, misinterpretation. That’s fine, now I feel silly.