Pwong 3

55 posts

Flag Post

Hi everyone,

I am the creator of the Pwong series and I am thinking about making a third one. If you haven’t played Pwong yet, here’s the Link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/JGames/pwong-2

I would be happy if you could take this survey about Pwong 3 to help me make it as awesome as possible.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F8GG3S7

Thanks,
Jonas

Note: I am only thinking about Pwong 3 at the moment. Until I actually have the time to make it could still be quite a while.

Flag Post

Here are my suggestions:
Upgrade system
Show the upgrade increments on the screen e.g. make them boxes or have small dividers in the bar so we have a clue about how many steps there are to an upgrade.
Make upgrades more meaningfull. I did not notice a terribly large increase in raising my paddlesize by 25% of the available upgrades.
Include different upgrades so players can have a more varied experience. Perhaps include mutually exclusive upgrades so you can build a certain style of paddle. Examples would be differntly curved paddles, different speeds, fixed powers (like barriers, sticky mode,ball attractors, deployable gravity fields) or modifiers on the bouncing speeds.

game modes
The current game modes (easy,normal,hard,extreme,insane) are just difficulty settings right now. Perhaps those should be divided into a regular game mode (until a set amount of points is reached)
a timed mode (play for x minutes, highest score wins)
a challenge mode (play until you failed to keep x balls)

presentation
See if you could have a bigger field, the current one seems a wee bit on the small side.
I’ld rather have a thinner particle effect behind the balls.
Otherwise it looks good, perhaps a bit of background behind the action ?

I miss a soundeffect when balls hit the paddle. Something subtle, nothing major.

Flag Post

Although I said this on the survey I think it would be awesome to have a 4 way battle which you do it in teams or singularly

Flag Post

i dunno about pwong 3 but i would love pwong to come out for the ipod touch i would seriosly willing to pay $14 for it i think in the end you would make a killing as well. and also for pwong 3 some new songs. hevean in really good

Flag Post

i have a good idea for a mode where you have four paddles and you control them all with the mouse and theres a hole in the middle that spits out balls in all derections and you have to hit it back in to get points.It would be sparta if it was insane modeXD

Flag Post

Maybe a Multiplayer mode against other people from kong. I think that would be pretty awespme

Flag Post

I’m really excited for this!

I have filled the survey out.

Flag Post

As mentioned in the suvey it woul be awesome with an online play where you can challenge players from the internet. Reply if you think this would be an good idea! =]

Flag Post

1. sand box(change color effects manually,speed,where the ball goes and music etc.)
2.more AWESOME music
3. more complex but easy controlled upgrade system
4.more modes (1 vs. 2,online multi etc.)
5.being able to pause AND quit because i didnt see that in pwong 2
6.every thing you already have like the SICK color FX etc. im looking forward to this and good luck,oh,and 1 more thing:EPIC.GAME. period.

Flag Post

maybe the song (the yuyu)

Flag Post

the song(the yuyu),more upgrades,a lot more songs and may be online 2 or 4 player battles of pwong?

Flag Post

Multiplayer mode online definetly, also, more modes would be nice like domoninja’s sandbox mode idea or the timed and challenge modes lorienvarden is talking about.

Flag Post

I love the game pwong i need to play pwong3 its my favorite game on kongregate go to creat pwong3

Flag Post
Originally posted by davide598:

I love the game pwong i need to play pwong3 its my favorite game on kongregate go to creat pwong3

Go “creat” yourself some grammar first.

Flag Post

More songs! I get tired of Popcorn!

Flag Post

more song choces plzz

Flag Post

I filled up the survey. One main suggestion for upgrade is gravity ball, in which the balls actually curve and do not move in a straight line, making the game more challenging.

Flag Post

Awesome ideas:

Song select
Have many more awesome songs but in a playlist (also maybe have the z and x keys to change songs in-game).
Different types of games
Maybe have a square-mode like what SirSonic said, a survival mode where you have a certain amount of lives instead of points, an arcade mode (where you have to aim at targets or even avoid the balls for once) and even online battles on Kong(like survival battles, normal battles and maybe co-op mode).
More powerups!
Have weapons (laser, homing bullets etc.), safety nets, possibly even miniature helper paddles?
iTunes
Definately put this on iTunes like szerro said. I would so buy it and so would 1000s of other people. Also make it bluetooth 2-player. That would be sweeeet

K thats all

Flag Post

I am looking forward to it!!..

Flag Post

Obstacles.
Whether each level has set obstacles, or they’re randomly appearing, I still think they’d be pretty sweet.

Flag Post

One thing I forgot to mention in the survey: an option to play costum music from your computer, much like the recent LongAnimals game (Drift Runners 2 comes to mind) would be very much appreciated.

Flag Post

Is this thread still checked by the dev? Was written Sep 3, 2010.

I liked Pwong 2 – but I never really got how the score is calculated. I once had a 99% accuracy, but a way lower score than somebody else with only 97%. Really confusing if you’re going for a high score and don’t what actually has to be done to achieve it.

Flag Post

Jup, I’m still reading this, keep it coming!

@Gama11: Whenever you miss a ball your score gets decreased, and whenever your opponent misses a ball your score gets increased. The more balls are in play the less it counts if you miss one.

Flag Post

Ive got an idea, why not add a “boss battle mode” (or any other name you want to call it.) You cant get power-ups here but instead your opponent does. ITS THE ULTIMATE PWONG CHALLENGE.

Flag Post

MOAR ACHIVEMENTS
The ability to play on the sceen without actually playing, like a practice mode

And that’s it.

Edit: ZOMG second page!