N.E.R.O the ultimate online war game

14 posts

Flag Post

this game is awesome it’s online too just no one knows about it so most people who do have to play the comp. The game is also completely free! Here is what it’s about.
Neuro-Evolving Robotic Operatives, or NERO for short, is a unique computer game that lets you play with adapting intelligent agents hands-on. Evolve your own robot army by tuning their artificial brains for challenging tasks, then pit them against your friends’ teams in online competitions! NERO is a strategy game with a twist. Instead of having units you control, you have units, but you can’t control them, at all, ever. Instead you have to train them to identify, find their way to, and shoot enemies without getting hit themselves.
You do this by slowly evolving them. In the training mode you can reward and punish your units for things like proximity to enemy units, hitting an enemy, and getting hit. Reward the right things, punish the wrong things, and before you know it, you’ve got a killer squad.
When you’re done training your robots you can pit them against other squads in a variatey of arenas varying in size and complexity. Letting your units fight against others lets you see what they do well, and what they don’t, so you can go back and further evolve them.You can even turn the game into a first person shooter.You can play the game here, have fun!

(From http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/nero)

Flag Post

post reply if you want to and make a room.i’l ethier join or make one.

Flag Post

Official Site.
Good to see it’s still being developed. I will check v2.0 when it’s out.

Flag Post

antony are you a developer?

Flag Post

I see someone rolled flat 1’s on both their intelligence AND their wisdom score – you must have had a harsh DM cya1 – usually they let you reroll that.

Flag Post

I have to say, this sounds pretty damn neat! :D

Flag Post

I just downloaded the game. Other than the fact that you need to arrange games because of the small community, this game is awesome. you just minimize it for 10 min and come back and your guys know how torun in circles around an enemy. its very impressive

Flag Post

This ****ing game won’t run on my Mac.

Flag Post

lol@macs

No need to swear at the game for it, though.

Flag Post

I have to say, this sounds pretty damn neat! :D
NEAT because it uses NeuroEvolution of Augmenting Topologies? If your word choice there was just a coincidence, that would be pretty funny. :p

Flag Post

Topology is maths/geometry. >.>

Flag Post

NERO? That’s a CD image Burner

^^

Flag Post

DrNeroCF?!?! Fancy Pants dude strikes again!

Flag Post

This proves that robots are going to become smart enough to take over the world.