Mardek 3 vs. Epic Battle Fantasy 3 page 3

226 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by ivod:

after reading all those posts, I think I know why EBF got a higher gamerating… People don’t even take the time to play mardek 3… when some people start mardek 3 they’ll think ‘bad graphics, only storytalk meh 1/5’… while some EBF players start the game and they’ll think ‘L4K 0MG B00B4’s WORW! 5/5’…

I really wonder… if mardek 4 would let elwyens boobs jiggle… whether it will increase the game rating or not… i

^FAIL.Lies on both of the sides.I tried to play it yesterday (The mardek game)—-and,well,i actually didnt got nothing of it.Also,i am one of those who dosnt mind or gives a crap about grapichs (Hell,i think i even prefer this “retro” grapichs over the “realistic” ones,after all videogames are meant to FORGET about the real world for a moment isnt it?)…I just still didnt got nothing of this game…I will try again later,i dont think it is bad,i just didnt got nothing at all..

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokerhappy:

Well, aside from the first one, I’ve gotten approximately 5 minutes into each Mardek game before boring takes over. So, EBF, I guess.

Well, maybe if you didn’t have the attention span of a duck you’d like it more.

Also, well, I’ll put it like this: MARDEK is a plot-driven RPG with excuse turn-based battles and gentle humour, EBF is a turn-based battle game with excuse plot and crude humor.

And both excel at what they are meant to do.

Flag Post

and,well,i actually didnt got nothing of it

Did you jump straight in to playing Mardek 3? If so there is no way you would understand what has gone on. You need to play the first 2 so you get an idea of the story.

EBF really isn’t that funny, it’s used so many over used internet jokes and ancient jokes that every knows that 95% of the ‘jokes’ are ’meh’ish and the rest and ones i’ve heard before and smirked at.

Flag Post

I wish the choice in games was always between such high quality stuff anyway :P

Flag Post

I played both and for me Mardek is the best flash game series I ever played, so Mardek wins. I completed Mardek with getting all medals and I learned all general skills for all characters and for Mardek I learned every possible skills and I still want to play Mardek. In EBF I just won the story and that is all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Devlini:

and,well,i actually didnt got nothing of it

Did you jump straight in to playing Mardek 3? If so there is no way you would understand what has gone on. You need to play the first 2 so you get an idea of the story.

EBF really isn’t that funny, it’s used so many over used internet jokes and ancient jokes that every knows that 95% of the ‘jokes’ are ’meh’ish and the rest and ones i’ve heard before and smirked at.

Yeah,thats probably it.I dont even know why i didnt figured that one miself.

By the way,if i need to play the 1 one and the 2 one,well then thats about it for Mardek,i dont really have that much time to invest on a flash game,thank you.I am not saying its a bad game thougt.I guess.BTW i also never liked FF series,i like RPG when they are more straigh forward and not really with a serious storyline.For example,i always liked mario RPG while i never like Final Fantasty or others like that.Well something like this could apply to EBF and Mardek…kinda,…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokerhappy:

Well, aside from the first one, I’ve gotten approximately 5 minutes into each Mardek game before boring takes over. So, EBF, I guess.

I played Mardek 2 for a couple hours. It was too boring, then I tried Mardek 3 and it was pretty much the same. The first Mardek game was almost like a demo compared to the others so that is the only one I’ve actually finished.

Flag Post
Well, maybe if you didn’t have the attention span of a duck you’d like it more.

Maybe. Or maybe it’s just boring.

Flag Post

It’s boring if you cannot focus for more than a minute.

Flag Post

EBF3 is a joke of a game, so mardek 3.

Flag Post

I like jokes. They’re funny.

Flag Post

‘joke’ as in ‘piece of shit,’ bro

and you sounded like that air annunaki just there

Flag Post

‘joke’ as in ‘piece of shit,’ bro

Ah. Well, there I disagree – it’s a good game, with strategic battles and whatnot. And crude humor. My opinion might be because I am a male and there are boobs in there, not sure about you.

and you sounded like that air annunaki just there

Because MARDEK 3 is a good game too, see

Flag Post

Own’d :P Also a very good point: dialogue does provide a ton of characterisation and exposition in Mardek. I mean ok they’re all a bit stereotypical at times but cmon even Sslenck has something interesting and meaningful to say about his views on race, morals and lifestyle. I do agree some characters aren’t very deep but most provided me with a fair deal of fun with their lines.

They are supposed to be somewhat stereotypical as it’s supposed to be a parody of typical RPGs.

Flag Post

EBF is still OK, the battles are very fun, the combat system provides players with a lot of fun, well its other aspects are rubbish but what of it?

Mardek seems to get everything right except perhaps a few minor flaws that don’t hit everyone as flaws at all. Aaaand it has a certain “kick” to it. You gotta make a conscious effort to get a hang of it before it starts to be real fun.

Also Pokerappy you gotta answer with a better joke if you want to lose that “attention span of a duck” thing :D that is the rules :P

Kioyoh, i didn’t say it was a flaw for me ;) I kinda think it might be a minor one for the nitpicky types though.

Flag Post

Mardek contains a character that speaks entirely in leetspeak, lolspeak, and internet memes. She is meant to be annoying, and succeeds.

EBF3 turned her into an entire game.

I prefer Mardek 3, and it isn’t even close.

Flag Post

The only funny joke IMO in EBF 3 is Matt’s
“I used my fapping arm for that attack!”

Flag Post
Originally posted by saneiac:

Mardek contains a character that speaks entirely in leetspeak, lolspeak, and internet memes. She is meant to be annoying, and succeeds.

This has got to be my favorite comparison so far. I literally laughed out loud.

And I agree with Mandracos, MARDEK was quite boring until I made the conscious effort to play it (for he badges, but nonetheless, I tried) and then I loved it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saneiac:

What is that character, may I ask?

Flag Post

^ Aalia, the healer of the 4 adventurers that face you both in chp2 and chp3.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danaroth:

TO be honest I don’t understand where those “developed” personalities are, expecially the girls. All they do is randomly blushing here and there :P

Elwyen doesn’t have that much of a developed personality, (although she definitely has one), but it’s hard to argue That Gloria and Emela are just blushing.

I really wonder… if mardek 4 would let elwyens boobs jiggle… whether it will increase the game rating or not… i

There is no way in hell pseudolonewolf would do this. It’s not his style.

Do you count in the time spent on Mardek 1 and 2? 40 hours (this is without already including 1 and 2) means basically knowing the entire walkthrough out of your head, taking perfect routes, skipping battles, levelling the exact skills you need and rushing towards the impossible badge requirements as soon as you can.

Actually, you can do a speedrun like that in about 20. First two chapters, with all bonus content, is only, like 5.

Anyways, on the question at hand. They’re both pretty good, although Mardek is more intellectual, and I think I like it better overall.

Flag Post

Both are mind numbing…

Flag Post

I play flash game mainly for fun, so a game like Mardek is too frustrating for me. I dont care about the boob things in EBF, I just like it because I feel fun playing it. So EBF all the way

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy is so popular due to the crude humour and terrible jokes that appeal so much to the average person on Kongregate… If you haven’t noticed, a large portion of the Kongregators are… somewhat mindless, and don’t pay attention to things like how much effort was put into the game, or the immense, deep, well-thought-through storylines in other RPGs.

Flag Post

Stop comparing it to Mardek, I haven’t even played those games D: