Mardek 3 vs. Epic Battle Fantasy 3 page 4

226 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by kupo707:

Stop comparing it to Mardek, I haven’t even played those games D:

^ worst post on this thread.If you havent then played Mardek 3 and mind about it then i think the best option would be something like JUST DONT READ A THREAD THAT INVOLES MARDEK 3!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by aguspal:
Originally posted by kupo707:

Stop comparing it to Mardek, I haven’t even played those games D:

^ worst post on this thread.If you havent then played Mardek 3 and mind about it then i think the best option would be something like JUST DONT READ A THREAD THAT INVOLES MARDEK 3!!!!!

What, so he shouldn’t read a thread about his own game?

Flag Post

Lol, gotta love the irony of that exchange.

Good to see you Kupo707, it’s always nice when a dev graces a relevant thread with his presence. And yeah, sorry if the Mardek references are weird for you here but the Mardek series is the first thing that comes to mind when trying to compare the latest EBF to anything.

Both games have fairly similar basic ideas behind them but the way these ideas are executed is very different, so it’s just a good material for comparison. And you might wanna give Mardek a try, has lots of fun ideas in it even though it’s more on the serious side ;)

Flag Post

The length of Mardek puts me off, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it if I manage to find the time.

Flag Post

Oh, that’d be great. Well, sure, it’s longer and more plot-driven, but it has excuse battles, you have excuse plot, and people like battles more.

And boobs instead of more refined humour.

Flag Post

If the length makes you feel awkward, try Mardek 1 first, then 2. They get progressively longer at the moment, and 1 is really short (like 10-30 minutes if you’re really quick, and an hour or maybe two if you try to farm). Significant difference with 2, and 2 has a significant difference with 3. I’m hearing 4 will be in between 2 and 3. EBF 3’s length is about the length of Mardek 2, while probably a bit shorter.

Flag Post

It’s long for sure but it’s put into nice managable segments and taking on one is pretty much what fills your afternoon and claims a bit of the evening probably ;) I’m kinda glad 4 won’t be as long, especially if it’s not coming out in the summer. Chapter 3 was a tasty treat but chained me to the comp for a good while :P

Flag Post

I’m kinda glad 4 won’t be as long, especially if it’s not coming out in the summer.

I doubt it will be out for at least another year.

Chapter 3 was a tasty treat but chained me to the comp for a good while :P

I loved it, I would definitely like the coming chapters to be this long or even longer. However, I’m sure that’ll be less profitable for Pseudo, which is too bad. If he’d add in areas in which you can only get with kreds, or which aren’t required for badges, maybe it’ll be more playable for any casual gamer.

Flag Post

Well it did tire me out a bit, the locations took a nice long while to get through, so even though it was all amazingly fun, I’d trade some of that for a few more tasty plot twists and new perhaps shorter areas anytime.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

I’m kinda glad 4 won’t be as long, especially if it’s not coming out in the summer.

I doubt it will be out for at least another year.

Chapter 3 was a tasty treat but chained me to the comp for a good while :P

I loved it, I would definitely like the coming chapters to be this long or even longer. However, I’m sure that’ll be less profitable for Pseudo, which is too bad. If he’d add in areas in which you can only get with kreds, or which aren’t required for badges, maybe it’ll be more playable for any casual gamer.

Profit? Pseudo says that the premium content trick (in MARDEK) wouldn’t work in one of his old blog posts. Though he WILL include some sort of them in 2 of his future projects.
Overall, MARDEK is better than EBF3 in (almost) everything though EBF3 had higher ratings simply because of the shiny graphics, b00bies and MARDEK being said as a mere “FF ripoff”.

Originally posted by Mandracos:

It’s long for sure but it’s put into nice managable segments and taking on one is pretty much what fills your afternoon and claims a bit of the evening probably ;) I’m kinda glad 4 won’t be as long, especially if it’s not coming out in the summer. Chapter 3 was a tasty treat but chained me to the comp for a good while :P

Well, Ch4 cannot be long at all. Do you remember Gaspar’s tactic?

Flag Post

Overall, MARDEK is better than EBF3 in (almost) everything though EBF3 had higher ratings simply because of the shiny graphics, b00bies and MARDEK being said as a mere “FF ripoff”.

Kongregate did the same thing! :DK
Oh and EBF3 had better battles than Mardek. :P

Flag Post

Why?

In Sonny, you only have 3 versus 3. In Mardek, you have 4 versus 4. In EBF, you have 5 versus 5. For the first two, it only counts after you found your allies and for the latter, you only have three characters while the enemy gets 5 (but if they continue on with this game, you might find more characters). I like more characters/enemies in a battle, but this isn’t really a big point. What I like about EBF 3 is there are multiple waves in one battle. What I dislike is you aren’t told how many waves there are, so you don’t know if you should finish off with Lance or wait for Matt. This is because of the dislikable feature that even if you counter-kill an enemy, the next wave still gets its turn first. In Mardek, every battle is much more fair than both Sonny and EBF 3. The one with the highest agility begins, and then the one with the second highest, and so on. I don’t like entire teams getting a huge advantage just because of one point of difference. So, while Mardek could use some things from EBF 3, Mardek still wins in general.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vegard20:

Kongregate did the same thing! :DK

I like EBF,but i dislike HATE with a passion kongay.And WAY before this,too (Actually because it stole the 1st place to platform racing 2,and….Yeah)

Flag Post

stop comparing games, this isn’t a battle to see what game is better, their purpose is only to entertain and both did >:(.

Flag Post

Both are great games in their own ways. Also one thing, you can put 10 years making a game but if it’s not good then who cares?

Flag Post

Epic Battle Fantasy 3

Flag Post

I’m sure that EBF3’s ratings will drop drastically without the b00bs.
Still haven’t found a reason why MARDEK is called a “FF ripoff” while EBF3 isn’t.

Flag Post

Because FF7 wasn’t made all around Tifa. And because Phoenix Downs, Potions, Crystals and a few more things.

Flag Post

Didn’t realize Mardek was also a Pokemon ripoff :P Cause of magmazards, various spells, one thousand three hundred thirty seven minor references and supposedly some parts of the elemental vulnerability system (not sure though, never was much into pokemon). Also Pseudolonewolf likes firequill, a citizen of Canonia told me so.

The reason why Mardek 3 is deemed a FF ripoff is because people like to call it that. We live in the postodern era, so everything is bound to be a ripoff of something else at some level. The only problem with originality nowadays is whether or not a work of art, or game, or film, puts all the all done-to-death cliches and references together in a new and exciting way and I’m pretty sure the Mardek series does.

Flag Post

Didn’t realize Mardek was also a Pokemon ripoff :P Cause of magmazards, various spells, one thousand three hundred thirty seven minor references and supposedly some parts of the elemental vulnerability system (not sure though, never was much into pokemon). Also Pseudolonewolf likes firequill, a citizen of Canonia told me so.

The reason why Mardek 3 is deemed a FF ripoff is because people like to call it that. We live in the postodern era, so everything is bound to be a ripoff of something else at some level. The only problem with originality nowadays is whether or not a work of art, or game, or film, puts all the all done-to-death cliches and references together in a new and exciting way and I’m pretty sure the Mardek series does.

SNES Final Fantasy (5 & 6) were inspirations (rather than ripoffs) for Mardek (Stating the obvious here), but that’s where it shines and part of its appeal.

Flag Post

The Epic Battle Fantasy series is supposed to be a ripoff of Final Fantasy, that should be pretty obvious by the title screen.

Flag Post

Well, it’s more of a parody of Tifa Fantasy 7.

Flag Post

1337 minor references? What spells? And why are you talking about Firequill here?
And oh well, didn’t realise that EBF2 was a ripoff of EBF1.

Flag Post

Mardek was also inspired by, not ripped off of, Jade Cocoon.

Flag Post

i prefer (just my opinion) epic battle fantasy 3 :)