Best Onslaught 2 Combo

26 posts

Flag Post

I think the best combo is the sparky landmines. Not too hard to make but It can really hurt those enemies. I got past wave 400 in medium just having a few of these with a few poison gas rockets. I also think the laser rockets are pretty good but after a while they arent as good but when youre still in wave 0 – 100 theyre pretty useful. What are your opinions on the best combo?

Flag Post

chained laser rockets are vital for getting very far. Only Black Holes can get further, but they do not count on account for not giving money or score.

Flag Post

Shockwave supported by a laster chain. I’ve made it over 2400 waves (thats 24,000 kills) on easy this way. i’ll try to find a screenshot for you

Flag Post

If you’re going for extreme, then the Nuke combo supported by the Big Damage Up mod towers can get you past wave 150. On the other difficulties, I found the Rocket BFG to be very useful. Laser Rockets can also be very useful. One laser rocket spinning around the spawn point gets unstoppable until a very high wave, without any Damage Up mod towers.

Flag Post

you mean damage exchangers, because they’re vital for the longest laser chains.

Flag Post

i found one of my shockwave chain pics, but its an older one. the way i set it up now has an extra laser on the tail and an extra BigDmgUp mod in the tail area. The damage pictured is over 4.8e+25 damage, the new way i set it up does something like 5.2e+25. Infact, i used to hold the top score of all time for kills in medium, but it got deleted :(. i never got an email about it, so i don’t know why (and no it wasn’t hacked)

Flag Post

The Nuke combo is good but it can only do so much but the good thing is that it can kill a pack of monsters

Flag Post

The nuke becomes far better when you slow down your enemies and force them to be close together.

Flag Post

The Nuke + Slow combo can’t take you past wave 800. The math has been duked out to death on Gaby’s forums. Laser chain (with a rocket up front) is the only way to crack wave 2000.

Yeknomssa’s done better than I did, but he managed to cram his towers together like no one’s buisiness. Yeknomssa, did you have a positioning tool?

Flag Post

Draco: I just used the mouse keys tool that comes with windows (Alt+Shit+Num Lock). It is indeed posible to do it all with a mouse, though it can get very infuriating that way. I’ve built this design so many times that i can have the whole thing up before wave 300, excluding the upgraded damage on all the lasers. There are other mouse key/mouse position tools, but all you really need is a Num Pad, Windows, and lots of patience :)

EDIT- @KilleroftheGods(below): the farthest anyone has gotten legitimately (to my knowledge) is just over 29,000 kills (somewhere in the wave 2900 area). my setup will routinely get past 2400 waves, and if done right (with a targeter, directional targeting, etc) it will get you over 2500 and nearly to 2600 waves. takes approx 24 hours for a run like that, but it got me (what used to be) the #11 spot of all time on onslaught’s original page

Flag Post

Sweet, I myself used nukes to get the badges. I’ll have to try the laser chain. I wonder how far I’ll get?…

Flag Post

Yeknomssa: Yeah, I know about Mouse Keys. Though for some reason I had to shift+right, shift+right, left, left, (left?) to get them optimally close.

Flag Post

when putting up new lasers should you upgrade each laser or just add more lasers? im trying to get the badges but cant seem to make it past wave 150ish, some help would be much appriciated

Flag Post

More lasers, look at the numbers:

$15 will get you a new laser (25 damage * chain bonus)

$25 will upgrade 1 base laser to level 2 damage (+25 damage * chain bonus)

Where “chain bonus” is 1.2^n where n is the number of towers in the chain before the selected tower. Note that the chain gets LONGER with the first option, as well as adding the same damage for less money.

Flag Post

I’m having difficulty getting a Rocket BFG to work – I’ve got the right combo (G+R+R+B), but it keeps grabbing just a regular BFG (G+R+B) – sometimes from one rocket, sometimes the other. What’s up?

Flag Post

Hit C on your keyboard. Are the three secondary towers within range of the primary tower?

My bet is that they’re spread out too much.

Flag Post

I use cluster bombs at the start , they work well for me .

Flag Post

the best way to start i think is to usually build a rocket, and then combo it with lazer. you’ll be able to chain it. im currently past wave 900 on easy

Flag Post

idk what its called, but I started with a rocket shooter, I upgraded its damage all the way, then I put a laser next to it and upgraded it all the way, (I’m on the map that looks like a spiral,) then I put a line of lasers going from the first 2 towers all the way to the base, I’m working on upgradeing them, I’m at wave 111 and I havent even seen eny of the bad guys, thats how fast this set up is killing them :D

Flag Post

Combonly+nukes are good if you can get the right setup, but will not get you going as far as a well-advanced laser chan. protip: for laser chains, set the game speed to the lowest setting and the rockets are less likely to crash.

Flag Post

can I have a bit of hlep with reaching 4000 kills on hard difficulty? I can’t laser chain so don’t suggest it.

Flag Post

Is there a list of the upper level combos somewhere? I can only find lists for the ones beginning with the 4 starting turrets (and know others exist from when I’ve built snipers, etc).

Flag Post

I start to build tazers at entrance, then build 2 red rockets and 2 blue cannons (all in combo range of each other). After that i keep building nuke combo sets. B+B+R. Then build more tazers and add modifier turrets. Finally i make nuke combonlies and make black hole combonlies near the base as a last resort. got to 500+

Flag Post

just using 4 of the basic weapons, I got to wave 400 on Extream!

Flag Post

Sorry for being late but I recently took an interest in this game and what worked for me is using the Rocket combo with both tazer and laser and make a few