Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 2

260 posts

Flag Post

The idea of making it more of a RPG with items and shops I don’t like at all. No offence meant but I don’t want another “classic” RPG like that. Its pretty awesome the way it is. Your new plot was pretty good, very original, but the idea of lightning I don’t really like it.

Flag Post

Well, the Fire + Water magic doesn’t have to be Lightning. If you have a better suggestion, I’d gladly use it.

I don’t want BoM3 to be a “classic RPG” either, but I do think BoM3 would benefit from having some classic RPG elements. I think you should be able to equip items (Weapon, Robe, Orb, and two pieces of Jewelry). Maybe consumable items isn’t such a good idea, but I think equipments would make the game better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

Well, the Fire + Water magic doesn’t have to be Lightning. If you have a better suggestion, I’d gladly use it.

I don’t want BoM3 to be a “classic RPG” either, but I do think BoM3 would benefit from having some classic RPG elements. I think you should be able to equip items (Weapon, Robe, Orb, and two pieces of Jewelry). Maybe consumable items isn’t such a good idea, but I think equipments would make the game better.

Fire + Water could be Air.

Flag Post

and the clans for the air should be lightning, wind and thunder(sound)

Flag Post

and i was thinking of a new mechanic for the game as your mage uses spells it should build up “transmutation” and when that bar is full your mage turns into an elemental form of their clan
poisonwater – a swamp elemental
greatsea – a water elemental
iceland – ice elemental
and so onand i think transmutation should remain after a battle so you can save it up for really challenging fightsand what i think this form should do is gives your bolts the effect of your clan(no cost) and something extra specific about that clan
burninghill – increase power by 2 and remove status effects each turn
chaosdesert – increase number of bolts by 1 and applies ‘twice’ each turn
darkwood – increase total health by 100 and regenerate health by 10 each turn. so on
i get that this is very overpowered but thats kind of the point so if your in a battle that you would lose no matter what transforming will help you win. i haven’t thought about how long you stay transformed but i think you should also be able to upgrade it so you remain on that form for longer

Flag Post

Some people are making new “elements/clans”…

Look, you can’t just suggest that the next episode has a new element. The history of the first two games was that some mages found out how to use fire and water, then the mages in the clans found 3 ways of using fire/water, hence the 6 clans. You can’t just go, then some new mage found something to do with earth, air, time…and made a new clan…as it doesn’t fit with the story.

Flag Post

@DragonArcherZ: Exactly my point. I already said once before that BoM3 must follow the story of BoM2, so people can’t just randomly start making up new elements. If you want to make new elements, you’d better make it so that only a few people can use that element, instead of an entire clan.

Flag Post

may i intturupe………..when is it coming out?
i wish there were 10 clans
new names are:swamp clan,lava clan…………….oh shit my mom just told me to close the computer i will tell you the others in a little bit of time bye for now[sorry for spelling]

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Don’t double post.

Originally posted by kingerkinger:

may i intturupe………..when is it coming out?
i wish there were 10 clans
new names are:swamp clan,lava clan…………….oh shit my mom just told me to close the computer i will tell you the others in a little bit of time bye for now[sorry for spelling]

Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Look, you can’t just suggest that the next episode has a new element. The history of the first two games was that some mages found out how to use fire and water, then the mages in the clans found 3 ways of using fire/water, hence the 6 clans. You can’t just go, then some new mage found something to do with earth, air, time…and made a new clan…as it doesn’t fit with the story.

^This.

Flag Post

may i interrupt………..when is it coming out?
i wish there were 9 clans
new names are:swamp clan,lava clan,a clan that has the top 100 mages

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by khan21:

may i interrupt………..when is it coming out?
i wish there were 9 clans
new names are:swamp clan,lava clan,a clan that has the top 100 mages

Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

^This.

Flag Post

i think you should be able to switch the element of your bolts like you can shoot great sea bolts and dark wood bolts so your opponent can recieve cursed and mana leak effects

Flag Post

I ould only wish 5 things:
1. More customicing: clothes you buy and the gender you choose are visible (in BoM2 every jerk looks cool except you…)
2. Skill trees: you can only upgrade 2 of 4 or 5 skill trees the trees should look like this

3. A shop: where you can buy buy potions, clothes and amulets etc.
4. a multiplayer function: with rooms to trade items, chat and fight
5. Dialoges: should be more variable and have a result (sample: if u kill a chaos mage, his clan members come to kill you)
6. Quests: you can get quests by people in the dark alleys or in the bar (sample: high mage of ice land wants you to murder
clan leader of ice land, that he becomes clan leader…for this you have an alliance with ice land clan).

Flag Post

just an idea but when you have a very good relationship with somebody you could make them join your party(max 4) and you can switch characters midgame

Flag Post

Maybe I say something wrong or somethin that’s already written becaus i am dutch an to lazy to read the whole forum :) .

Book of mages 3: The Deady Days

As blood_shadow Already said:
“Poison Water: A green skull (can’t think of anything better.”
Maybe one of these will do.
1. Some green waves
2. A green bottle of poison
3. A green skelet
( I know all these thing are useless but it’s VERY hard to think of a icon for that.

Maybe more mages like… Ground Mages!
1. Earth Mages
2. Rock Mages
3. Lava Mages

And Blood_Shadow Also said every gender are genderless or male, and they all wear the same clan robe.
Maybe it would be great if you can choose how to look. ( robes already can if you finished the game with the same clan. )
1. Male or female
2. Black, white and nearly everything in between
3. The colour and (I dontrealy know the word for this so i’m just doing something) seanery of the robe ( I know i’m terrible with some words of england)
4. Your length.

Flag Post

Maybe what I say is hard to do but I have some new suggestions.

1. Cutscenes:
It maybe good if after a important quest, battle and/or message a cutscene appears.
It would also be fun if you see at the point of the character.

2. More Details:
Did you ever notice if you see a mage in Book Of Mages: The Dark Times they have no eyes, nose, mouth & ears?
It’s pretty funny but i think they should make the face better.
More backgrounds is also a good suggestion, when you go explore, go to the tarven, arena, gate & training ground you always seethe same backgrounds.
I can’t think of any backgrounds.

3. Money:
You gain money for everytime you play a minigame or win a battle.
You can buy weapons, armor, and it would be a good suggestion to use money for some quest’s.

4. Weapons:
It would be fun if you can buy wands, staves & swords to make you stronger each with different ways.

5. Armor:
Also gloves, shields, helmets/hoods, boots/shoes, suits would be good to buy in a different shop.

6. Potions:
Health potions, Max health potions, Magic potions, Max magic potions, Super potions (heals both health and magic) , Max super potions.

Flag Post

i disagree with the potions idea, unless you can only carry one of each magic , health and both and enemies should have potions as well or it is a cheap way to win,everything else you said though seems fine

Flag Post

I personally think there should be mana burn in this BoM like there was in the first one but there wasnt one in the second.Also i think there should be an upgrade for how much mana you get when you use rest.

Flag Post

i personally think that there could be more than 4 basic spells and make each attck/defense spell look different from clan to clan other wise i think it would be hard to make a game any better than this. so i say well done with this game and good luck if you decide to make a next.

Flag Post

Mabye, just like doorbettiwsoom the ones he wants to happen on the book of mages 3, but I want to add more to that
1.You can have partners to fight with you.
2.You can add a face.
3.You can make your robe look tattered.(ripped)
4.There is headquarters of which team you will pick.
5.You can actually walk.
6.You can make your own potion but you need to find a guy that teaches you how to make them.(you don’t have to memorize it)
7.You can see what your mage is seeing.
8.You can die!(when you do,you can choose to go alive again or you become a LICH!)(Lich is a dead mage/wizard/witch.)
9.You can overthrow your leader.

I want the name to be Book of Mages: A New Beginning.

Well, hope you enjoy!

Flag Post

you can go to another clan any time
the name i want is Book Of Mages:The Destroyed clans

Flag Post

What I would want is to have a longer game.Not just 10 years like in BoM 2.Perhaps 20 will do it.

And also clans should be made balanced,not that one clan has all the good skills and it is impossible to beat it with some other clan.

And make more bolts.10 aren`t enough.When it is 5 years passed I already have basic power,H/L attacks,Additional bolt attacks(high level skills and special ones) and many more upgraded to max so all I do is fill life and mana.

Also there should be more choises,not just 2 in everything.3 or 4 will do it.And they SHOULD affect the game a lot just like a mage that wants to join black robes will not join them if you are friend with him and a mage that doesn`t want to join black robes will join willingly if you are friend with him.So my suggestion would be everything you do affect the game in some way for example like somebody said if you kill somebody his buddys come to get you.

And we need more mages.Not about 80 only.A 501 will do it(100 white robes(or whatever they`ll be called in the 3rd part),300 black robes,100 neutral(but some of them will choose side in the game) and 1 you).

One thing has been bothering me also.It`s like a battle is finished in a minute and it is said a month has passed.Also when you talk with somebody do you talk a MONTH?No.So this should be changed.

That would not be all but I can`t think of more right now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by doorbettiwsoom:

4. Weapons:
It would be fun if you can buy wands, staves & swords to make you stronger each with different ways.

5. Armor:
Also gloves, shields, helmets/hoods, boots/shoes, suits would be good to buy in a different shop.

Mages don’t carry swords or shields. Anyway, I would like it if you could buy spells.