Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 3

257 posts

Flag Post

you can change your robe

Flag Post

Another great thing could be something to unlock if you won the game,like a legendary clan or something like that.

Flag Post

And the name i want is book of mages:the apocalyse mage

Flag Post

This game should be called should be called BoM:A skeletal story. This game also needs more clans 6 isnt enought make it 14 like solid land,skelatal shadows,thunder sky,windy mountain,lovabale cave,nature forest,shining light,steel metal

Flag Post

How about like you can combine different clan skills to make other types and also the ability to become a magic master and teach pupils like blood shadow’s 2v2 idea and ur aprentice can like fight with you? Or you could fight enemies and gain their robes to avoid detection while you are learning.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yasagani:

Obviously I never intended for it to be balanced in any way, only threw that out as a proof of concept.

As for your question, if we’re talking purely cosmetic, I assume the easiest way would be to use the color of the clan you originally started as. Either that or depending on how many bolt types you learn and combine, they could be combined chroma, like say yellow bolts for great sea + burning hill.

If you’re talking about creating a fighting style for different combinations of clan specials then we have to factor in every possible spell, including the basic L/H bolts. And that’s not factoring in the fact that we’re still thinking about how we’d adapt the current BoM 2 fighting system to these changes and not about a new system altogether.

However, if indeed we’ll just be using a modded BoM 2 fighting system then one possibility is indeed the proof of concept I posted above. For instance, you start out as Great Sea and your bolts drain mana and then you go learn stuff from Poison Water and your bolts also drain life. Do this enough times and your bolts would have all clan effects. Either that or you could learn all clan special effects but when firing your bolts you’d only be limited to picking one enhancement.

Then there’s also the true combination in which you learn two clan bolt enhancing specials and you get neither but instead a whole new effect altogether.

yellow? that’s chaos dessert isn’t it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vizuna:
Originally posted by doorbettiwsoom:

4. Weapons:
It would be fun if you can buy wands, staves & swords to make you stronger each with different ways.

5. Armor:
Also gloves, shields, helmets/hoods, boots/shoes, suits would be good to buy in a different shop.

Mages don’t carry swords or shields. Anyway, I would like it if you could buy spells.

why would we buy it we already can earn it!

Flag Post

Name can be Book of mages:The New Element

Flag Post

well i see some surporting and some opposing the new element. personally i think the new element thing is ok as long as it is realistic. Well if you want to keep to the sotry but make new element you can try this. Mud (hey still have watrer) , air(as in carbon dioxide, maybe you make tiny flames that release alot of carbon dioxide)?? dunno your pick your thoughts. sry for spellking mistakes, i am doing super fast typibng aroound this much in 10 secondsl, and my fingerts are fat.
as for plot maybe you can try this. Year XXX , ?? became the new great mage, having a natural curiousity in why magic is so, he invested alot of money in researching magic.
YEAR XXXX+3: A breakthrough! ??
’s researcher found that people are born naturally gifted in a certain type of magic and would instinctively join the clan related to his gift.
year XXXX+4: ???? made some people unwilling join clans different from their natural gift and found that they can actually learn both fire and water.
Year XXXX+5: Having forced to learn magic that they dislike, they rebeled against the great mage and created new magic with their new found skill, namely STEAM
Year XXXX+6: rebels join together to form a new group called the pigs (well sry if you dont like the name), to combat this the great mage made the group Order of the Pork
Year XXXX+7: You are born, forced to learn the magic you that does not follow your natural allignment.
(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE note that this is made as an add-on to the guy who made this topic plot but i dont remember date so i wrote XXXX)

Flag Post

I think a new clan like “Light” or “Darkness” would be good,but “Darkness” should come from Black robes and “Light” should come from the White robes.Also it would be good if we could equip items like in RPG-s and it should be more realistic with gender and chosing how to look.Oh and this is my brothers account,so dont take the name a bit strange.

Flag Post

you cant choose how you look so stop WISHING

Flag Post
Originally posted by asbigas:

you cant choose how you look so stop WISHING

Actually you already can. After finishing the game with one clan, you can choose how your character looks if you use that clan again.

Flag Post

Thanks I didn’t know you can choose how to look after you complete one clan.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Grilledcookies:

I spent 30 minutes reading the off-topic forum. It is a sad and pathetic mess. All it is is a pressure valve so the other forums do not get tainted as badly as they would without OT.

OT is a cesspool, and I think it needs to go away for good – or change drastically. No real conversation of any kind takes place in there. If you post something that is well, off topic and not applicable to other forums, it is trolled and filled with total nonsense in mere seconds.

Stupid one word replies. Idiotic anime pictures. Promotions of 4chan, a deviant website. Personal attacks back and forth, 24/7/356.

OT is an infection, and if it is not stopped it will spread to the other forums.

I urge people to end this debacle and shut down OT.

Thank you for your time.

Stop it you posted it in the wrong area. 100%. you were meant to post it in the suggestions thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Grilledcookies:

I spent 30 minutes reading the off-topic forum. It is a sad and pathetic mess. All it is is a pressure valve so the other forums do not get tainted as badly as they would without OT.

OT is a cesspool, and I think it needs to go away for good – or change drastically. No real conversation of any kind takes place in there. If you post something that is well, off topic and not applicable to other forums, it is trolled and filled with total nonsense in mere seconds.

Stupid one word replies. Idiotic anime pictures. Promotions of 4chan, a deviant website. Personal attacks back and forth, 24/7/356.

OT is an infection, and if it is not stopped it will spread to the other forums.

I urge people to end this debacle and shut down OT.

Thank you for your time.

Im with you.

Flag Post

Ohhhh O_o i didnt know you chould choose cause after i finish one clan i go to the next… never touch the same clan again. Maybe the items effect should be increased cause at later part of the game they seem weak…

Flag Post

I want a special clan with all powers

Flag Post

after win unlock the special clan

Flag Post

the name i chose Book fo Mages 3:The ultimate Clan

Flag Post

now that is just dumb :P maybe there can be a clan with more power than the rest but weaker health and mana?

Flag Post

Year 221, the Black Robes were defeated and disbanded by the White Robes. Shiverhorror of Ice Land was elected as the new Great Mage. To prevent another war from happening, the Great Mage formed a non-clan organization called the Order of Arcanum, dedicated to maintaining the peace among clans.

Year 223, Frostburn of Ice Land was sent to the Young Mage contest, representing his clan. He made friends with Shatterflame, the young mage from Chaos Desert. Shatterflame showed Frostburn some of his Fire magic, and Frostburn miraculously found that he could learn Fire magic with ease. The two young mages did not know that learning magic from clans other than their own was forbidden, and Shatterflame continued to teach Frostburn until Frostburn completely mastered Chaos Desert magic.
In the Contest, Frostburn easily defeated his final opponent by using Ice Land and Chaos Desert magic together. However, he was seen by his Clan Master and Great Mage, Shiverhorror. Frostburn was branded as a cheater, and he was exiled from his clan.

Year 224, Frostburn wandered aimlessly in Dark Alleys and the Wilderness, slowly driven to madness by anger, hate, sadness, and despair. He hated Shiverhorror for exiling him, and he swore to kill the Great Mage and take his title.
Frostburn traveled to other clans, seeking powerful rogue mages who would illegally teach him their clan magic. Soon, he mastered the magic of all six clans, and became nigh invincible. Frostburn even found two ancient arcane tomes, written by the two original mages who first learned how to control Fire and Water. With the two tomes, and magic gained from all six clans, Frostburn was able to combine Fire and Water to create a third element, Lightning, that controlled the power of nature itself.
With his newfound power, Frostburn began to have delusions of grandeur. He started calling himself the Awakened One, and believed himself to be destined to rule the world as the Great Mage. Frostburn began to recruit powerful rogue mages, creating an organization called the Cult of Ataxia, with the sole purpose of overthrowing the Great Mage.

Year 240, the game begins. In the past 16 years, Frostburn was able to amass an army of fanatics who believed him to be the new messiah of mages, because he could use both Fire and Water. Shiverhorror, the Great Mage, had grown old and not as powerful as before. A violent revolution was at hand, and the world of mages was about to be changed forever.
You play the role of a talented young mage, who also has the gift of mastering both Fire and Water. When the game starts, you do not have to choose one of the six clans. Rather, you can travel to different clans and learn different magic. You must be careful, though. If you decide to learn magic from more than one clan, you must keep your secret; if you are found out, you’ll be exiled from your clan just like Frostburn. You can join the Cult of Ataxia and follow their quest for world domination, or you can join the Order of Arcanum and thwart Frostburn’s sinister scheme. Or you can simply stay neutral, and watch the world as it changes before your very eyes.

i personally liked blood shadows idea for a stroyline.however i would like to adda an idea think maybe there should multiple beginings for you to choose from like pet protector 2 for example which clan youre born into or if youre not even born into clan at all and maybe tochoose who youre parents are and also have the choices you make(regarding what i just said)change certain stats like basic power extra defensive bolts etc.

Flag Post

i agree with a lot of this i definitely find it annoying that you are rank 1 in the book and the guy says i can beat you im rank 1 in the book (and im all like no dude im rank one i beat you like 5 mins ago don’t you remember?) and then hes like oh, yeah ok then see you later then.