Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 4

257 posts

Flag Post

Hey guys im making my own BOM 3 on Warcraft 3 world editor (Reign Of Chaos) so just contac me on my e-mail:Pavlov.filip@gmail.com if you want my map,i’ll be done in a month or so.

Flag Post

hey what if it were like this: 1st you CAN learn spells from other clan, but if you want to do that you must betray the clan you are positioned on and join the other clan, and if you do betray a clan when you re-enter the region of clan that you have betrayed you will be attacked by random mages. or you can try to befriend another clan and learn them without conflict (but this way should be harder because it is the better way, so maybe to befriend a clan you must first run errands for the clan you are trying to befriend)
2nd you can combine spells of different elements to one of a more unique type of spell, but some spells might not be able to be combined (like there should be a recipe or something), to combine a spell you must locate a powerful hermit and pay him for training (oh yeah there should be money as well because i like the idea of buying equipments and junk).
3rd maybe in the BOM 3 there is like a discovery of new clans far beyond the previous conflict of black and white robes, like they are in the other side of the world or something (see i’ve been thinking about how there maybe other clans and now i’ve got it) if so that would also require a bigger map and loads more quests, titles, scenes and bunch of other stuff.
4th i changed my mind about the more than 1 vs 1 thing because it might be a little to BIG, so instead of that when we are in a group fighting another group like 3 vs 3 when we die our comrade replace us and we use them, same goes for the enemy but of course we don’t use THEIR replacement, or maybe when we change place our comrade will fight automatically.
5th i’m open for comments and questions or even debate!

Flag Post

well i have been reading the topics and such and for the clan bolts if u pick multiple it should be something as in normal because if it isnt then it would be easy to know that you are a mage that learned diffrent clan magic so to addition to that i think that there should be a sex change option and be able to change robe’s along with equipting diffrent wonds and robes lets say u have a traine wond that dosnt let ure spells go higher then level 5 and a traine rob that dosnt let your attack go more then 5 and as tiem goes and you rank up you should get new robes and once u become the new great mage lets say you rob lets your attack go to 20 and your master wand go to level 20 and then you should be able to play on diffrent difficulties once you beat story mode. and the multiplayer is a great idea!

Flag Post

They should make the story longer than it was last time, and add subgroups like small groups within the clans so this adds more choices in the story and more choice and fun, plus make more base location like clan villages

Flag Post

i thik we are getting off the beaten path, are we not? we are now talking about the second game, when the title is book of mages 3 suggestions. so can we please get back to that, hmm?

Flag Post

I am going to post my thoughts in parts so I don’t have a super long post
Part 1: I really liked bloodshadow’s idea. What if when Frostburn was a kid he read a bunch of books about what magic is and all that stuff.

Flag Post

why not have a story based around something i think the game really needs, multiplayer.
100 years after the events of the second game, mages from different clans tried to learn each others magic but it didnt work however they did find out that by using the power of two mage they can combine their magic and create wonderful effects.
the new great mage saw this as a threat to his power and imposed marsal law, now members of clans can only talk to other members and they cant leave their cities. a group of mages form an underground resistance in hopes to overthrow the great mage and end the tyranny.
player is born 3 years later, you compete in the young mages competition, and after seeing you there both the great mages legion and the resistance contact you in hopes of you joining their cause.
you can either join the legion and fight to keep the world order and become a part of the politics involved or join the resistance and fight for freedom and a chance to become great mage yourself. that said if you join the legion you can become the great mage if you play the politics right. and just like the second game you can leave the group to join the other.
now the thing that differs from the seconds game is that you can have to mages join you as you journey around. and they fight with you or you can combine powers e.g.
darkwood/burning hill – fires a giant blood red fire ball that does huge damage and silences the opponents next turn.
or
poisonwater/greatsea – fires a stream of dark green water that applies 5 stacks of the poison and mana leak.
and clans from fire and water can combine e.g.
iceland/chaosdesert – sends a tornado of snow and sand at the enemy, an unblockable attack
the ideas for the combined effect can change, i just wanted to show my idea

Flag Post

what about having someone to fight by your side like 2vs4, 2vs1 or even 1 vs10 at a time. You could maybe save a person in an alley og hire someone.

that’s what i think woukd be a good idea.

Flag Post

How about fusing clam magic? if you master two elements it can make another one but you can’t fuse the one that was fused

Flag Post

Blood_Shadow, I’m assuming that you never got the title of Great Mage, because if you beat Shiverhorror, your character becomes the Great Mage. Also, I think that you should be able to load your character from BoM2 into BoM3. Would make more sense.

Flag Post

how about a storyline for each clan for example: if you do poisin water your goal is to become the leader of the black robes and if you choose the ice clan your goal is to overthrow the black robes?

Flag Post

I like the more than 2 people battles and multiplayer ideas. We can make a multiplayer system where you each get assigned 2 random mages or there ca be an online mode with NPCs and real people. Great Mages can be only players. If there is a online mode we would need to remove the tab until mana cave and hit enter glitch. We don’t want a Great Mage with 1,000,000,000 of every stat. We can also add in the single player mode more than 1 person in battle. For instance in BoM2:TDT when the white robes attack the prison you fight them off 1 by 1 and you do it alone. If you were a white robe you fight everyone 1 on 1 still. Make it so like the three attackers and yourself (4 people) and the guards (4 people) fight in a 4v4 battle. Dieing battle removes them from story and is in mission report afterwards. Pretend a guard goes to hit alarm after a set turn limit. Ex- I am fighting the 4v4 battle when a guard leaves and hits alarm after __ Turns. And if you free the prisoner when more arrive it can become a bigger battle. Your 5 people Against the 8 guards or something. Also pretend you have a best friend all the way since beginning. He might learn you are losing the battle if he is in the same clan area. He might run to that area after __ turns and join the battle on your side.

Again with online:

You and your best 20 pals might want to fight a strong enemy that keeps attacking you. You can all form a party and when you or the party leader challenges him, he could accept the fight or deny it. If you all win, experience or skill points are spread equally.

Flag Post

Also a good title could be Boom of Mages: Trio of Evil

It could be that name because the plot could have 3 evil main forces, it is the third game, and we are hoping for triple player battles, 3 game modes, (story, online and quick battle) it is the third game, we want it 3 times as long, and 3 sides (good neutral and bad)

Flag Post

i realy think that blood_shadow must make the plot more than everybody just saying random stuff that they want, i think it would be better if everybody helped making the same plot

Flag Post

It would be good if there’s some quests in the game.

Flag Post

Well they should also put these:

1st- Lost Clans, that can only be unlocked by defeating certain characters
2nd- Customization, get items from characters
3rd- Better Decisions, for example: “They choose you as the Great Mage, do you accept?”
4th- Better events, for example: “Foundation of the Mages day”
5th- Items from the events, for example: On Foundation of the Mages day you receive a flag of your clan
6th- Friends, you get them by certain actions to nouns, for example: you befriended “Soundinghorn of Great Sea” by teaching your clan’s spells to younger clan members

Well, that is all I want.

Flag Post

Here is my suggestion:
-Dual mode and tournament mode which you can create a character and play with friend. Such as you can create a room and each player able to choose a clan. The host will choose which level the mage is and of course every one have to be at the same level because of the balance. This will keep player after finish the game with all clan and all way the story can go. This should be only unlocked after finish the story.
-New battle system. Of course this is not new battle system, it is just the enemy in big battle won’t too much fairplay like BoM1 and 2. You won’t fully regen after each battle but regen 100 Heath and 100 Mana after defeat another mage. And the alliance mage won’t just watch player fight and surrendered after player is defeated. When player fight one mage will randomly fight one other mage.This will make the game more realistic.
-Fight to all writer, not only 1.
-Iproved friend sytem such as you can teach skill for younger mage of your clan to got good reputation with that mage. Of course it will take you one month and give you some point.
-Legendary Mode when you got an clan item at the beginning but enemy have 50% more HP and Mana.(Unlock after finish story with this clan.)
-New clan??? Of course each new clan will waste many time to balance. You can add clan who use Earth and Air. And story for each. I think if you want to add the next chapter. Why? This is my idea:(Please read all before said it is good or not).
After the even in Book of Mage 2, most of the clan go down dramatically. The Black Rope defeat the White Rope but they are defeated by the mage who follow the rule. Sliver Horror is the next Great Mage. Chaos Fire clan lost most of their powerful mage and go down from the strongest clan to the weakest of all. Poison Water is the same but still their is some strong mage which make them the 5th clan. The Great Sea lost their Leader and Magic Master so they became the 4th. The Dark Wood became the 3rd after Witch Horn is died and Tree Fire is disable by Great Mage. Dark Love became new clan leader. 2nd is Burning Hill even their Magic Master is disappear after the battle. The most powerful is of course the Ice Land even Ice Root the Magic Master is death. Sliver Skin is became the Magic Master of Ice Land. This time every clan except Ice Land have to improve their power so they hurry in train new mage and some clan like Great Sea, Chaos Desert, Poison Water forgot to test the new mage skill before train them so they mistakenly train the mage who don’t got the same power as them and the new mage only able to learn Basic Skill, not Clan Skill. The new mage start developing new skill the Earth and the Air. Each of them develop the skill by different way and got 6 more clan. This is my idea Earth (Muddy Land-The mage who trained by Great Sea develop this skill and bacame the Founder of the clan, Dry Land-A mage who trained by Chaos Desert Found it and Soil Land) and Air(Cold Air-Founded by a tanlented mage who trained by Sliver Skin, Burning Air-founded by 2 mage one traned by Poison Water and one by Burning Hill, Blue Sky-Founded by a mage who trained in Great Sea). So with the appearance of those new mage the mage who Follow the Rule want to disband them and the battle begin. The war broken and the New Clan seem the be weaker but some Mysterious mage (Burning Host, Wet Anger, Water Wine and Ware Harp some what survive) come to help them but it seem the new clan still too weak even those Mysterious mage help them alian to the other. Some mage of Old Clan want to protect new Clan and some mage of New Clan betrayal and became spy for Old Clan. And then the battle begin. This may be just story or became additional Sequel of the game such as 2.b or 3.b. If this is of course it is a open story and player can choose any clan, help any side. But in the story will be after a big battle, Sliver Skin see his own student in the New Mage side and tell Sliver Horror to help him stop the battle. Sliver Horror is not a good mage but not a bad mage. As a balance mage he listen to Sliver Skin and stop the battle, unluckily there are many mage injured and died. If it became a sequel. In the last battle, If you choose New Mage side, you will able to fight to Sliver Horror and Sliver Skin and if you win the battle won’t happen. You can choose the Old Mage and if you win the story will said that the New Clan is disbanned. If you are Neutrural, the story will be what I say at the beginning and it will be the main story. The Battle win make both side weaker and the Bad Mage will rise one again.
If you like it please contact me and comment that you like it so may be nobstudio may use it. Sorry for bad English and long Post.
Hope the Book of Mage 3 will come soon and be a good game.

Flag Post

I would like to be able to continue my character after I beat the game, or start from the beginning with the same character.

Flag Post

I know that the combat is poorly done in this game but i have an idea!
When you pay attention to the combat u can clearly see that there is somthing odd when casting spells! Bolts or effects just apear from… nothing! they should add that the champion is better dressed that he like IDK hit his stuff in the ground and some ice spikes appear below the enemy feet and he trys to avoid that and they should relly add shields!

Flag Post

I think that the game was almost perfect and that we should just encorage him to make a new game and except the changes, if any, that he makes

Flag Post

I think this game shall take a while seeing as all the other third versions of games have taken ages. Take Sonny 3 for example, its been nearly 4 years and it’s still not been made… I do not think Book of Mages will take that long but I don’t think it will be released for atleast another year.

Flag Post

uhmm…. for the elements , the great mage and the organization that the great mage created discovered and revealed that there are another world , and in this another world , mages controls air and earth(or land ). and that could be more interesting .

for the battles i think that bolts have different looks ………..and you could have skills and it has different looks too …

I agree too for the suggestion for the icons for the clans but ……
I think 8 will fit the game but each clan is merge according to there element so there will be 4 continents , but i agree that there will be lost clans . so the total is 5 continents .
this lost clans is compost of 3 clans and are buried with a dome around it , and it can be dig by
--magical scrolls——
magical scrolls can be obtained by completing a favor of the town elder of each clan.

for the fire : burning hill
: fire forest
for the water: poison water
: great atlantis
for the air: air temple
:tornado mountain
for the land : elite core ( core for the center of the earth , but core is compost of solid iron and nickel )
:desert land
the lost clans :lava river
:sky city (this is for lightning )
:ice island

i agree for the new relationship , if you feel hard defeating strongest mages you can request a mage that with a good relationship to you to help you defeat this strong mages

learning skills from other clan is really a good idea
but this skills isn’t like + 5 bolt or something
this skills are something like shark wave ( a wave that shapes like a shark)
Is that something a good idea ……..

and for story they should make it really interesting and long so that even some players will not be bored even they play book of mages 3 for a long time ………..

in my own idea they should add character designing in character making
this part will let you choose the look of your character BUT FIRST YOU WILL CHOOSE THE CLAN YOU WILL START SO CHARACTER DESIGNING WILL ONLY LET YOU CHOOSE THE FEATURES OR CLOTHES THAT YOUR CLAN ALLOWS .

they should include 2 organization that created without informing the great mage
this is the GOLDEN ARCANES (some of the golden arcanes are from the other world , they are blessed with precious wings so they can fly ). and the GRIFFIN’S AXE (each one of them holds a melee weapon axe , all of them came from the another world , so they are also blessed with precious wings )
When the great mage discovered the another world , the selfish mages of the another world planned for 3 years to bring doom to the first world they call themselves GRIFFIN’S AXE ( THEY have a secret weapon called
griffin this is a tiger-lion beast with diamond armor and wings made out of black diamond that will bring DOOM to the 1st world
BUT some of the mages from the another world refuse from joining the griffins axe instead they created a organization that have the mision to protect the first world this are the GOLDEN ARCANES ( golden arcanes know that they could not defeat the griffins axe with only themselves
so even forbidden they used a spell to reincarnate a ancient goddes in the form of a arcane a huge phoenix with golden crown , claws made of gold
and wings that fires burning and poisonous projectiles .

i will title this Book of Mages : The Doom Bringer

uhhm………. i’m tired already i started 1pm and now its 3 pm
i have some suggestions that did’nt include in my reply but i’m gonna rest for now I’m only 12 years old

Flag Post

Book of Mages 2: the Dark Times, is my favorite game on kongregate. However, I do wish there were more options for the plot. for example, perhaps having it so the two sides are not inherentily good or bad, but a mix. or maybe having more sides. However, the big thing I would like to see is a plot where you can make you OWN order, and set the alliances and actions by your own prefernces. this could go well with a plot of multiple magics from multiple clans, and if you learn the specials of all 6, introduction to the best clan, Lighting Clan. I just think this woul be more interesting, is all.

Flag Post

Also, there should be more clan oriented things, like loyalty to your clan and rivalries based off that.

Flag Post

it seems like development has been hiated. i don’t think this thread has any use now.

however, since it’s now up here i gotta suggest the following (to entertain myself):

split high and low attacks into three kinds: arch, straight and flank. or whatever other terms work.
then an attack would only be able to intercept one out of three types of attack.

defence would be split in these three: shield, wall and dome.

shield defence would block straight and arch attacks.
wall defence would block straight and flank attacks.
dome defence would block arch and flank attacks. (but set up to slow to block straight)

that should (help) fix the superiority of attack over defence.