Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 8

259 posts

Flag Post

I love all of your ideas even without reading!

does very cute face

Flag Post

There should be earth and air too, and if u master all the elements (that probably takes 20 years so make the game at least 30 years long) u will be able to join The Teachers Clan that teaches the others. Also there’s an evil element called Death that has power to reduce the opponent’s life to zero. If u learn it u should keep it a secret or u will be sent to exile. If u learn the death u can join The Necromancer’s Guild and u can be in BOTH of the clans.

There should be more than 2 guilds so u can join guilds earlier.

Flag Post

I really like Blood_Shadow’s suggestions, including the plot.
I have one more suggestion – when there is an event(like when you had to rescue a white robe mage from prison) you should be able to procrastinate it for a few turns, cause there were times that i needed 1 or 2 skill points to get a clan’s special and the event forbiddened me from training.
also, you should have the option to change your path mid-game.
in BoM 2 for example, to betray the other mages who came with me to save the white robe mage and become a black robe or just staying solo.

Flag Post

I say there should be customization in this game because it makes me so mad that everyone has different robes BUT ME (but if customization DOES work sorry for wasting your time [: ).

Flag Post

And what’s up with the limitation to the spells,like i want to be awesome with spells so i go see the magic master and i can’t get any more and i am thinking ,I want kill the magic master so bad!

Flag Post

Also,i am playing,and then the black robe asks to join him and then the white robes comes i deny both of them,and later i want to join the white robes so i go where i met up with them last time,so go there and nothing happens, they should really fix it so i can join them this time.

Flag Post

i have a new idea like there should be walls or barriers like in the prison they should’ve dropped a fence or something so you have to break or avoid it

Flag Post

i think we should put a new item too.it would be called master orb and it would only be awarded after you beat a guy named Edward

Edward: “1000 hp, 2010 mp, chaos desert, has upgraded all chaos desert magics to MAX.”

Master orb: “Special points increase by 20 every round, increases attack power by 10, increases number of attacking and defending bolts by 5.”

Flag Post

you should put symbols that Blood_Shadow said but this time a different symbol for a guy named Edward in the story. after you finish the entire game. you have a 50% chance of seeing Edward in neutral,black,or white robes after the game ends. for Edward is the only mage ever that has all powers at ones!!! but u get it too if u beat him. how to use: you get to look at the symbols that Blood_Shadow menchinned and it will be:all symbols in the menu to by a 6 different spot on the board with the mega symbol in the middle. basic spells show as a black ball with a white flame from behind.the symbols combined would be:
- Chaos Desert: Three yellow fireballs.
- Burning Hill: A volcano about to erupt.
- Dark Wood: A black tree burning with blood red flames.
- Ice Land: Six ice shards arranged in a snowflake pattern.
- Great Sea: A vortex of sea water.
- Poison Water: A green skull
all symbols combined into a master of power symbols. and it would look like 3 fireballs around a volcano with a black tree with blood,while 6 shards surrounds it all while a blue hole that looks like a portal and a green skull on the mouth of the volcano.
hp-5000,mp-4500,attack-20 max in there main hp,mp,attack power spots.
-6 history slots and 7 saves slots.
-to be a cosmic mages(the all spells user i menchinned earlier) can only be able to go to the cosmic clan(no mage can go to the cosmic clan because its to hard.cosmic people cant leave there land unless a quest goes on) and they cant join the book of mages because if they did,it would make the other mages feel like losers. so these cosmic people should should stay out of war. there land would look like light in the half away from the great all and dark at the side where the hall is. to be able to fight other mages they must go to the war of chaos desert(like the great sea war in BOM 2) and fight there. the guy cosmic guys go and fight with evil or good. girls on the other hand. desides to watch them. when frostburn fights and wins it is up to the good to stop. or if u joined evil shiverhorror wins and you try to save the nigh invincible king(frostburn).

Flag Post

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if you REALLY want your suggestion heard, seek out the BoM3 Idea thread at the Nob Studio forums.

Nob Studio Forums

Flag Post

don’t they insult our ideas!!!

Flag Post

new update: there will be three diferent robes for each clan however these robes are only avalable if you become either the magic master or clan leader you do this by, first learning all magics avaliable then hallenge them and win the fight. this will give accses to new magic as well as the new robe if you become the magic master and if you become the clan leader you will get acsess to a new area (called the ruins) were many banished fled affter the black/white robe war

Flag Post

can some of us get preveiws of it…..
not that i don’t believe you buuuut i wanna preveiw

Flag Post

we are infact currently working on a preview and when it is completed i will post a link on this site

Flag Post

I believe the game could use better graphics. It has remained the same 2 – D drawings, they look… good, but they could use, more 3 – D’ish drawings

Flag Post
Originally posted by chaseter:

can some of us get preveiws of it…..
not that i don’t believe you buuuut i wanna preveiw

He is an impersonation. The creator has already made it clear that he is currently translating BoM2 to Chinese before he even begins on BoM3. And if you don’t believe me, check the official website.

Originally posted by IsaiahE5:

I believe the game could use better graphics. It has remained the same 2 – D drawings, they look… good, but they could use, more 3 – D’ish drawings

There are some games that have better 2D graphics than 3D games.

Flag Post

I in fact love the stain glass look of the second game but if it changes i wouldnt throw aa sissy fit i would love female charecters as well maybe even as a secluded clan of their own? suggestion?

Flag Post
Originally posted by IsaiahE5:

There are some games that have better 2D graphics than 3D games.

but some are better some are worse both ways it depends on who draws them

Flag Post
Originally posted by Knight98:

I in fact love the stain glass look of the second game but if it changes i wouldnt throw aa sissy fit i would love female charecters as well maybe even as a secluded clan of their own? suggestion?

female yes i often do think of my guy having a girlfriend but not a seperate clan but they should have a slightly different magic than the guys of their clan

Flag Post

an evil soul, given power by “the evil” to cause evil and chaos in the human world
a holy soul, given power by some god to stop “the evil” from destroying the human world
and the bringer of peace who is fully human and is a special mage who controls fire and/or water, he/she brings the other 2 i mentioned to stop fighting and stop the war
are the three you must control in the game, you get to name them all but you control all 3 of them seperatly
and level them up in different ways
you can switch between them when you please and don’t have to use them but at some points you HAVE to switch

Flag Post

here’s my plot
year 222 the new great mage, burnghost, was killed mysteriously with no trace left, many deaths followed the same way. no great mage would be elected until these deaths were solved.
year 225 all the clans were blaming each other for the deaths, eventually starting all-out war.
year 226 the war spirals into all mages for themselves in a pre-apocolyptic fight, with few groups and very little peace,
reports of the dead being brought back as mages, not zombies, are made
year 230 the cause was discovered by a group of scientists claiming it was a winged creature who disapeared into thin air leaving a trail of death those who were alive and believed it banded together into “the believers”. those who didn’t continued to fend for themselves with no clan or allies. you can later choose to be alone or in a group
year 235 the first of your characters, the demonic mage given powers of dark and fire, is used, you fight and kill mages wherever you go.
year 237 the second, the angelic mage given powers of light and water, is used, you stop demons and cannot encounter the demonic mage and vice versa.
year 240 you are a special mage controlling fire and water encounter the other two you control fighting, you run.

that’s all for now, i will edit and add please tell me what you think

Flag Post

Dark magic is using darkness to inflict statuses and weaken your foe before killing
Light magic is using light to strengthen and enlighten yourself, the exact opposite of dark magic

dark is in 2 main categories, weakening and damaging
light is in 2 main categories, strengthening and healing

Flag Post

i got my own plot heres it:

year 223:Theoden was elected as great mage [yep he comes in this Bom too :D!] after fighting the black robes and disbanding them he kept a safe order

year 224:the white robes where disbanded and theoden started teaching young mages magic

year 225:Theoden became ill and a lot of mages gave him theyre mana so he can recover

year 227:Theoden wasnt ill anymore but a part of his memory was lost misteriously and he started killing mages randomly for no reason

year 228:Soundinghorn of the great sea reunited the white robes to stop theoden from killing anymore mages

year 231:the white robes captured theoden and killed him with anger and sorrow

year 234:People started becoming worried of theodens LAST words

year 235:people started fainting at random as a lot of mages asked themselves if this is theodens makeout as most of them where poisoned blackrobes

year 236:someone spotted a mage in a grave reviving the dead bodies his type was nicknamed ‘’The Dark Ones’’

year 237:the white robes leader [soundighorn of the great sea] died cause of an Horrible illness which started spreading around

year 239:the hermits who made the book of mages joined the white robes and helped them find the source of poison

year 241:all white robes where anihilated by ‘’The Dark Ones’’ as Burnstorm of the burning hill reported as he was the only survivor with waverwarp of the great sea

year 243:a new Group stated by waverwarp of the great sea called:‘’The Lighted Ones’’ started fighting theese necromancers being suported by almost all mages

year 245:you are a gifted young mage who has to choose his side: will you join ‘’The Dark Ones’’ or shall you be a ‘’Iluminated one’’? or will you be neutral seeing the world changing with your own eyes?

hope you like it :D! it uses characters from Bom2 as i couldnt think of ANY names to corespond to the Bom2 names 0.0! also i made the abilities for the Dark Ones:

Curse:curses the enemy draining 25xLvl of the enemyes Hp and 50xlvl of theyre Mana [mas lvl=3]
Decay:adds decay effect to your bolts:every 5 effects decrease power by 1 and every bolts decreases mana and hp by 10 [Max effects=20[5 effects added per lvl][max lvl=4]
Necromancy:if the enemy is having a lvl 20 decay on him consume them to damage him equal to 20% of his max mana [hp damage] and drain 50% of his current mana
mana leach:drain 250 mana from the enemy
Health leach:drain 25% of the enemies max hp

Unique passive:you lose 25 hp and 50 mana each turn

starting stats:350 hp with 700 mana rest are all normal :)

you GOT to beat the game to play as a dark one :)! and you HAVE to be the one to beat theyre leader [lord Necromoncius]

Flag Post

i could make some tweeks but i won’t cus i’ve my own story

Flag Post

Light and dark powers are:
Light, has status powers of regenerate, blinding, and mana regen

Dark, has status powers of hp leaching, blinding, and mana leach