Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 5

257 posts

Flag Post

Oh my god.. Book of Mages 3. God yes. And yeah, I found some grammar errors too, even thought most of the time I’m not that good at finding details like that (not so sharp-eyed), but at least they’re less and they aren’t that important because you can understand the text (most of them are just missing letters if I remember well). I liked the plot in it and I don’t think it should be changed, maybe continue the story?

Flag Post

book of mages 3 suggestions… MAKE A BOOK OF MAGES 3 I LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY DAY ITS AMAZING

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

I need to think of an organization name then.
Order of Arcanum: Formed by the Great Mage, Shiverhorror. A non-clan organization dedicated to maintaining peace among the six clans.
Cult of Ataxia: Formed by Frostburn, the Awakened One. A secret organization of powerful rogue mages bent on world domination.

You can make your own plot if you want, you know.

Well… why couldn ’t the player, after reaching a certain level of fame or skills, create their own organization?

Flag Post

The game could also use some keyboard interaction.

Example: You are wandering on the dark alleys and, out of nowhere, a criminal mage sends a bolt onto your head, the command displays to press the right arrow key on your keyboard to block the bolt, if you don ’t, you will lose some life before stepping onto a fight, if you do, it displayed to press W to counterattack and lower the criminal ’s life before the fight.

And about the player creating an organization, maybe when they have enough fame and skills, they could create their own organizations, they could go into a bar or something to recruit people with good relationship to them, it could be like:

-I want you to join my organization.
-Sure, i will, i will gladly fight aside my friend.

Or
-I want you to join my organization.
-Hell no, i won ’t fight alongside any weak mages.

Flag Post

I think you should post some of these ideas on NobStudio’s official website, since the dev/s are never going to read any of these here.

Flag Post

is it even being made?

Flag Post

You guys are saying “no earth/air/x clans”, but we could make up a plot for them. (Example)
In the year (x), Shiverhorror, the Great Mage, while was working on some powerfull ice magic, accidently caused a earthquake, all the mages revealed interest in that newly fond power of his, and everyone tried to get some of it.
Shiverhorror teached nobody, he was afraid that power could be too much to handle, so he only teach the ONE person he relied on, FROSTBURN.
But then Frostburn was exiled,(Like Blood said)and he started teaching earth to wanderers at the Dark alleys/wilderness.
Later, those wandererers became very powerfull and tried to kill Frostburn, but coulden’t becase of his Lighting/Air magic.
So they went talking to the Great Mage, and begged for The Great Mage to forgive them.
Shiverhorror(The Great Mage) accepted, and then, as a token of his reliability, he created a new clan, the earth/ground clan.
That consisted in 3 magics.
Life Magic
Plant Controll 20mana/20 special Deals moderate damage to the enemy and freezes him for 1 turn (Plants grab enemy)
Animal Controll 150mana/100special Wild beasts Destrooy half of the enemies health and give it to you

Ground Magic
Earthquake 90mana Makes a powerfull earthquake that freezes the enemies defense and hurts him a little bit
Rock Spikes 100mana/70 special Rocky Spikes appear from the ground and severely hurt the enemy

Swamp Magic
Drowning 40mana/10 special freezes the enemy for 2 turns
Quick Sands 100mana/100 special (needs swamp liquid stacked up to 20) kills enemy
Swamp Liquid Stacks up to 20

Flag Post

i agree Aeon_Xephion some thing like that should happen like the first time you see them, though really how would he like just poof up a clan and who would be in this clan?

Flag Post

What i would really like to see is acual HQs
also everyones giving out tons of different plots and making it harder for the makers of the game if they’re reading the posts

Flag Post

and further more there should be 4 different attacks/defences
the attacks should be arch ,flank ,strait and beam
beam is unblockable but deals 1/2 damage
the defences should be wall ,seal ,dome and shield
seal blocks all but beam and deals what ever power left to the opponent but takes double the mana as the other three

Flag Post

Well Darkskin comes to you under the order of Treefire

Flag Post

they’re are ALOT of glitches like in mana cave tab till its over train character one and hold enter and boom overpowered or when i basically befriended like 20 guys only 2 of them came to my side )white( and the others joined black like i didn’t exist i mean i saved half of them its annoying but the plot was interesting though considering i have all titles i’m kinda disappointed that i can’t keep playing and also a really awesome idea is you can defeat all of the book of mage writers and then you get to make your own book of mages and like your famous goes up UBER high also shops would be nice like you could go to a shop and buy +5 orb or +3 staff and stuff like amulets and rings and you get money by 1: training which takes up 1 turn 2: when you go out if you don’t encounter anything you might be able to get a small bit of gold and 3: when you win fights you get gold and could maybe get a weak item like +1 staff and you could equip it or sell it but not to overpower you the game gives limited inventory space and you buy items to increase that. another idea would be you can train at mana caves but you can lvl up i don’t mean like add strength and magicka but like you would get a small bit stronger and you only level from fights and you can choose to fight certain people or not like if you went out it would tell you there level but only if you’ve met them first and add more sides like heavenly robes and devil robes black and white will stay but like black and white are main but as you get more famous and more +/- karma you get recruited to higher factions and you have faction missions which are simple like kill this mage or save this one reach this rank or recruit him. -sinceraly AbcAlex12

Flag Post

im to lazy to read this all so somebody might have already said this but I agree with everything except the melee attacks and equipping items. if you could equip items then this would just be like any other online game and its the book of mages, if they added melee attacks they would have to be so weak they would be useless

Flag Post

I would like it if you could change youre robe looks while playing but not have to get a new robe

Flag Post

i agree with what blood shadow says

Flag Post

The newly released Book of Mages: The Dark Times is an excellent game, 100 times better than its predecessor (Book of Mages: The Chaotic Period). However, the game still has much room for improvement. I hope the author will eventually make a third installment, and in this thread you can post the things you would like to see in Book of Mages 3.

I completely agree with you

Flag Post

I have a good title: The Book of Mages 3: The Shattered Clans. And I Like idea of apprentice and teach and 2v2 and all that stuff yeah and I agree to normal plot but not the ice clan guy forgot his name. And the groups thing is great as well I see many great ideas on here and many are great and I still cannot belive theese good ideas are not in the game after like 2 years!

Flag Post

I know i have said this before but a sandbox style mode needs to be in the game. As in you can keep playing after the main story is done and just get stronger and stronger whilst maybe competing in the arena every so often when new mages try to take your great mage position and maybe a few side quests after aswell but please do like an endless mode after main story is complete because if you ever get around to making this i dont think you would make a 4th given the fact your probally working on other games and if you did make a 4th then it would be years and years later.

Also please take the time to read these other suggestions a lot of them are fantastic such as the entire new field of ground/earth and air magic i really think that could be interesting and the 2vs2 battles in the above post that would be fantastic and make the game way more tactical.

Flag Post
Originally posted by awesomeman191:

Maybe a new clans that are called stuff like burning sea (AKA: Burning Hill + Great Sea)

Or like the Hunter Mages that hunt other mages.

Flag Post

i really want to see custom moves only to your character
or upgradable moves

Flag Post

and like if you befriend some one they could help in battles

Flag Post

nob studios hasn’t started book of mages guys .they have forums on nob studios why dont you use them?

Flag Post

Hey have any of you think about some other mages types, and i only mean, that there are just two mages in the entire story that can use these elements. Darkness and Light. these two mages are brother and sister, the brother have darkness and is a corrupt, insane killer who after learning of his magic, became corrupted by it, and it turned him into a mass killer. His sister, however have light, and is just wants to make her brother stop the evil deeds her brother is committing. Both of the siblings, have their own little gang with makes appearance in the game, the cult of light, and the cult of darkness. The Cult of light are like the white robes of the game, while the cult of Darkness is the Black robes of the game. each of the gangs have members of different clans. but neater mages does have the magic of Darkness and Light that the siblings does. also neater of the gangs have any real meaning in the story, but some events in the game would lead up to which you the player, would chose to eater go and stop one of the gangs or just ignore them complitly. The Cult of Darkness does evil deeds, just like the black robes, like stealing from graves, killing other mages just for the fun of it and to mage complete chaos, the cult of Light however, does the complete opposite of the Cult of Darkness, like helping the old and weak, defending those who cannot defende themself and to make sure that the balance of good and evil is in order. also there could be the introduction of some creatures in the game.

And sorry if you dont like the idea, i am just trying to come up with some ideas to the game too.

Flag Post

I would love the battles to be a bit more intence and for traveling to be funner and have chances to encounter creatures not always mages i mean where are the anmiles i loved the games though keep it up

Flag Post

Sorry to make you sad now , BOOK OF MAGES 3 ISNT COMING