Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 6

257 posts

Flag Post

Really? The main element which makes BoM2 attractive is the simplicity, so it is not an rats nest of special abilities and rule exceptions!!!!! The original page is fine, but then this discussion dissolves into a pile of gibberish. A few upgrades would be fine, but not something which makes it so that the only thing connecting BoM2 to BoM3 is the plot, and btw any overenthusiastic fan could study game design and create a BoM3.

Flag Post

Oh, and to create new elements, you could have a doomsday device which is barely foiled and wipes out everyone’s memory, and then, using scraps of magic books which survived the explosion when the doomsday device failed, and their own ingenuity, the remaining mages have to rediscover magic with three types of results: 1) A new type of magic 2) Nothing 3) Spontaneous combostion.

Flag Post

darkhenrik you right , but shouldent you be a mage like blood shadow said
one that could learn all magics like light dark fire water earth air etc. etc

Flag Post

Guys what are you still talking about ? It didn’t come for 2.5 ( maybe more ) years and u still say ‘’new bom3’’ chill guys!So much programming to do for them and it will take more years… Unfortunately…
I really want bom 3 to come out too but looks like we have to wait lots of more months and years.

If you want something… The key is patience.

Flag Post

Now that i think about it, the idea of Meeting creatures in the game, would be not be just a good idea, but a great idea. Because it would flesh out and give us a greater insight into this world. Think about it, we could meet creatures that are born natural and creatures that are born from magic, (like say that there are some mages that have made some creatures by using magic, like a Dark Wood fox or a poison water eel, or probably the most dangerous of them all a type of Dragon/Griff/Demon creature or something like that. Maybe we could for the time being, just think of different creatures we would love to see in BoM3… If it is made.

Flag Post

darkhenrik you have a great idea but theres somthing missing
conjouring if theree are creatures there has to be something to control them if mages could conjour there could be creatures on you side weather level 1 fire rats or level 500 water dragons

Flag Post

and light and dark YES but brother and sister eeeehh not a fan
there should be 4 to 6 cults or groups 2 or 4 about the elements and the other 2 good and evil light darkness
melee attacks no mages are mages because they use magic you want melee go be a barbarian in hack slash and crawl

Flag Post

conjouring could be forbiden or not but there should be conjouring if it is forbidden youll either need to kill who you use it on if its not only you and others like frostburn or other skilled or special mages can use something rare

Flag Post

in bom3 there should be one major story line you should pick good neutral or bad at the start to either destroy the bringer of dark and being both the best and the one who is good holy and kind
or killing the one who fights dark and spwaning the most demonic creatures
or watching what happens training your skills with the occational demon or angel attacking you

Flag Post

there could also be a quest where there is a insane mage/alchemist that have gone rough, and is trying to create a hybrid of a dragon of all the different types of magic and many other powerful magical creatures, in the try to make the most powerful creature of all time. Oh, and another think is that creating magical creatures is forbidden in the BoM series. the backstorie being that there once was a mage witch tried this, but the creature then went on an giant rampage. witch is why creating magical creatures with magic is forbidden.

Flag Post

is that real or did you just come up with that

Flag Post

also there should be multiplayer
multiplayer and acual mage levels
levels determine the power level and skill is the # of bolts and there should be multiple combo bolts if able

Flag Post

also gods should be in the game so you can have a real challenge

gods should A)either smash or use magic in a battle
B)you should be able to become one or at least gain the power of one
C) and lastly should have their own element

Flag Post

Fighting a god? i dont think so. and also getting so powerful that you reaches the status of godhood, no. but it would be ok if they introdused a kind of god or somekind of religion in the series.

Flag Post

no i mean displease one to much and they will attack you and you can surrender or fight only if you are powerful enough though
not like just seeing one running to one and fighting
like if zeus and hades were in the game be too good and you fight hades and his minions
be too evil and fight zeus and his minions religion though NO
being a god eigh i was on a role with ideas it was an accident but fighting one is real if you beat one
you could get a great item many skill points gain great powers(like power up 3, or life up 10)

Flag Post
Originally posted by mlmlkml:

im to lazy to read this all so somebody might have already said this but I agree with everything except the melee attacks and equipping items. if you could equip items then this would just be like any other online game and its the book of mages, if they added melee attacks they would have to be so weak they would be useless

i understand the meleeattacks upsetness but you could have like a fire element sword or a poison dagger

Flag Post

no no no no you can but still melee no were mages as i said before you wanna punch and slash GO BE A BARBARIAN
NO MELEE FOR MAGES

i do think that there should be special equipment that gave you double power or infinite mana
but you’d hafta do tons to get one

Flag Post

in this one if you have a game saved wether black robes or white or neutral.
if you are a white robe and dont become the great mage at the end to all the prolouge should be different., like XXX of burning hill white robe leader had become one of the best mages in the kingdom (not the best to all) and the white robes had been in war with the non robes who had called themselves the true mages the white robes had changed the name to those of light neither good or evil the 2 cults were at war the grand son or daughter of XXX had beleved neither side and thought that there should be proof of the great mage being both kind and not evil and powerful tried to stop the constant wars with no winner he/she wanted the wars to cease sso they set out to bring peace to the land wether to become the great mage or creating there own group to help stop it

Flag Post

i’ve only played white robes i have yet to play the other 2

Flag Post

and another thing you shouldent have to be human there should be 3 worlds that have contact in the middle of the game

like you could be human demon angel and skeleton

Flag Post

i still say no melee for us but creatures and skeletons yeah if you are
angel you use light and water magics 4 clans
demon you use dark and fire magics 4 clans
human mage you use fire water and using tomes and scrolls and other things like that light dark ground air 6 clans
skeleton you use dark and bone magic or melee
light magic should be about healing and removing status affects
dark should be the exact opposite dealing damage and inflicting statuses
air should be harming and healing no majors
ground should be the same but different specials and magics
lightning should be legendary magic only able when you master 2 opposite magics together forming healing harming inflicting and removing effects
all on different worlds making a much better (but more confusing) plot and about 10 endings possible

Flag Post

oh and bone is like darkwood only it includes melee and drains hp and mana

Flag Post

i just came up with a great name

book of mages: the perfect world

it would fit with almost all of our plots

Flag Post

One boss, could be a demonic entity trying to enter the mages world, and this boss is the optional final boss in a way. The entity is a dark force that is in many names, but is mostly just called The Evil. This boss would be like fighting a god, but that this god wants to destroy the mages world, and bring fort the end of the world. and there is a cult of brainwashed mages called “The marked ones” because they all have a kind of a strange mark on their head, and that they all wear twisted and demonic cultist clothes, and talk in a dramatic and sadist manner, enjoying others pain, and wanting to deepening that pain. And what would this have to do with the story you may ask? Well because there would be part that explains to you that it is or where a member of “The masked ones” that had caused some event in a town or place, like corrupting one of the magic masters of the town or having created or summoned a monster or a demon into the area to attack the free people of the world. there would also be a part where it is hinted at that the two siblings that i talked about before, was triked into an fighting each others by “The marked ones”.

Flag Post

good ideas but i think we could still incorporate more of mine and blood shadows plots