Book of Mages 3 suggestions page 9

259 posts

Flag Post

i also think it should have females, mabey they could shortof coltrol the male mages but stay as seperate as possible but there is a war bettween them

Flag Post

no

Flag Post

there should be more to do in the game AFTER you finish like a sandbox mode or something

Flag Post

It would be so epic! if there was book of mages 3 :D

Flag Post

where did all the big posters like bloodshadow go?
we need more

Flag Post

please make a third part of this game, is awesome

Flag Post

it is…. thank you fo making it

Flag Post

you should make the game like you make your clan not pick it so you can anwer and ask question ambout the game and use these to form a clan

Flag Post

BoM 3 Hah, I LOVE THE IDEA OF IT!!! I love the first and second games too. For the third book my suggestions would be:
I like the idea of learning magics from a different clan and what not that sounds really cool, and as someone pointed out on the first page of these comments, “A third/fourth clan” Well I see how it would “differ” from the BoM1 and 2 but think about this plot idea for the Earth Clan. Say there is a war between the Water Clan and the Fire Clan for instance say the Great Mage suddenly died a mysterious death, what happends? Well the Water Clans first start to blame one another and so do the Fire Clans. Then the Water Clan Mages came to a decision that maybe it was the Fire Clan that killed the Great Mage. The Fire Clans come to agreement and think the same thing about the Water Clan. That starts the first, “War of the Clans” where Fire Clan is attacking the Water Clan and Water attacking Fire and out of that confusion and mischief a new clan appears out of the blue. For example say the BoM relied around “A” and “B” suddenly “C” pops up and is a new area. So the Earth Clan appears and try to figure out who’s side to pick to fight with, however they don’t know who to side with so they remain nuetral thoughout the war and the game storyline can be during the war where you chose to be a mage of w.e clan you’d like, If you are a Fire Clan Mage (Which ever clan within the Fire Clan) you are a new mage and are told to join the war (of course you have time to train and things) against the Water Clan. You can go along with that story and it would (maybe) lead to a draw and both Clans decide to come to a peace treaty and then you go investigate the Earth Clan. (Same thing could happen if you chose Water Clan but against the Fire Clan). Or you can chose to be in the Earth Clan which has 2 or 3 (The post on the first page of this forum has the 2 clans but if the game creators think of another and or better names then 3 clans) then within the Earth Clan chose which clan and then learn that clan’s magic and either pick a side or stay until your training is complete and that would be either in the middle of the war or after it is over and you are free to roam for a bit the other clans. When you reach the other clans the Star Pupil greets you saying something like, "Hey you must be from that Earth Clan…. Let’s see what you can do (or something friendlier: Hey allow me to show you around! Depending on the clan and things.) and he fights you if you win he says, “Wow.. you’re better than I though” and the Magic Master comes up to you and acknowledges that you are a strong young mage and talks to you about your goals. If you lose then he says, “Hah you’re pretty good but it seems as if I am better.” So now that that is settled my name is XXXXX and I am going to be the next Great Mage! then the MAgic Master says, XXXX you know not to speak of that yet (since one has not been decided). And you would go on having troubles (If you want me to go into detail then Quote this) and you meet people and the Fire/Water Clan start to blame the Earth Clan for the Death of the Great Mage since no one really knows anything about them it would only make sense (They say that). Then you have to defend your home Clan and I have to go now if you would like to hear more please reply/quote/something this post so I know also just leave your suggestions about this post no harsh comments please _"

Flag Post

no you cannot just pop up a new clan. possibly an exploration group exploring a island they couldn’t because of all the wars happening, since this is after the wars. finding an ancient clan, who lives and hunts by mending the earth. they check the surrounding lands and find others like them, but using it in different ways.or something like that to bring a new clan in but you cannot just say “and the earth mages came to the land and declared war.” so come up with something like that, or plot without it entirely

Flag Post

here’s my plot
year 222 the new great mage, XXX, was killed mysteriously with no trace left, many deaths followed the same way. no great mage would be elected until these deaths were solved.

year 225 all the clans were blaming each other for the deaths, eventually starting all-out war.

year 226 the war spirals into all mages for themselves in a pre-apocalyptic fight, with few groups and very little peace,many mages are acting like beasts or criminals

year 230 the cause was discovered by a group of scientists claiming it was a winged creature who disappeared into thin air leaving a trail of death those who were alive and believed it banded together into “the believers”. those who didn’t continued to fend for themselves with no clan or allies. you can later choose to be alone or in a group

year 235 the first of your characters, the demon, I’ll call him Dax, given powers of fire, is used, you fight and kill everyone.

year 235(later) the second, the angel, say Elizabeth, given powers of water, is used, you stop demons and cannot encounter the demonic mage and vice verse.
at this point you can switch between them at any time but must do the objectives to progress.

year 235(end of the angels chapter) you, a special mage controlling poor magics of all elements(because your ritual was not completed (explained in later post), encounter the other two you control fighting, you flee to record this phenomenon. at this point you cannot use Dax or Elizabeth until you fulfill your mission, to get home

that’s all for now, i will edit and add please tell me what you think

you can change between characters by selecting, you should also be able to recruit other people via online dueling

remember this its mine and i got no comments on it COMMENT ON MINE SOON I WANT FEEDBACK
but i like mine

Flag Post

my story reflects on an apoctalyptic background, make changes if you please.
if it is made like this i would like it

in my plot there are 3 main characters that you meet, use, and battle.
You, are a timid special mage that can use fire and water, a powerful combonation but there are more elements this time that you will find later at some point, you will not be able to use them.
you always carry a journal to record what you find.
Dax, or whatever you want to call him, is a demon. He uses powerful fire magic, this is the first you can use of the three.
he always has a silver gauntlet on. highly aggressive and hostile, but a demon would be.
Elizabeth, or whatever you’d call her, is an angel. she uses protective and healing magics of water.
she is kind and helping, but can be snappy and rude at times.

you switch between the three as you please… like a RPG party sort of thing only your not always together.
sometimes you’ll only be able to be one of them, or sometimes you’ll have to fight or flee from each-other.
i added a little personality to them for reference, and people said they had no real personalities in other games

there are links that should be available some months instead of training and the other person should become stronger and more customizable when you are you, so they get stronger and you might get stronger.

there should also be special moves like for Dax he might use something called “demonic rage”, which increases attack, or Elizabeth uses “angelic grace”, which heals the party.

you should use all the people in your party in a fight, even if its one at a time
between battles you should keep the same hp and mp and there should be spots to heal or you can just rest the day.

the great mage always causes the main problem in 1 way or the other so i came up with something else

the new list of magics in the game should be:
fire and water, but all of the kinds of magics should be combined in some sort but you should be able to use them all

they should both have an attack and defense bolts, and a beam attack that deals continuous damage for much more mana
air and earth, air should make you capable of flight, dodging the new earth based shock-wave attack
earth should make you fall under ground to avoid new wind bursts

the story of earth and air…
when the angels and demons came in 222, mages went underground and in buildings in the sky for shelter, the mages, over the course of 3 years, learned how to mend and change there homes with mana, and slowly got much better, eventually in 225 when everyone met back up, they all discovered each others new power, and fought on learning the magics. the power hungry earth mages, having virtually no power against angels, fought to learn air magic, while the calmer air mages, peaceful from years of meditation and solitude, wanted peace and fought in protection of one another, eventually those who wanted to learn their first magic went to someone who knew the magics and learned.

a new battle system, 3 rows with a front and back, you have to have at least one in the front and one in the back, (unless you are alone), you can use 4 people in battle at once

Flag Post
Originally posted by chaseter:

IS ANYONE EVEN READING ANY OF THIS AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random people perhaps, though i doubt the developer does. This isn’t useful for anything other than as an outlet for our imagination i believe.

Flag Post

in my story you pick your names as you meet Elizabeth and Dax and yours in the beginning, then you choose between fire, water, earth, and wind. i thought of a new angle of the game, terrains, fire magic is double damage near a volcano or something and waters is weakened. and stuff like that. there should be a non-elemental bolt, no resistance or bonus. before you get your element you have to fight someone who teaches you the basics of magic in the game, then you get to choose between the elements, and learn it differently. you keep the non elemental magic, but it isn’t upgradeable. after you get your element as a child, the game skips 10 years, you are now 17 and you control Dax and the game truly starts, you also get explanations through out the game on whats happening.
In my plot don’t think i really need to say this but you can learn all the magics you want, at sanctuaries or from Dax or Elizabeth

childhood memories…
(225) the starting chapter of the game, you are seven, your uncle is guiding you to the starting sanctuary, where you learn you first elemental magic. intro: your uncle has been teaching you to learn to use your mana for combat, and medical, purposes, it is time for your final test before you learn your element, fire, water, earth, or wind, you cannot decide. COMBAT TUTORIAL STARTS preformed by your uncle, he gives a “reminder” of how to fight as a neutral. When your element is chosen, you are doing the ritual and it is almost complete, when demons destroy the sanctuary, everyone is saying RUN, when you look back at a safe distance, the place is destroyed, no one lives through it. At the moments when you check it out, you hear your uncle saying “do not worry, you will live.” then dies.

Flag Post

when will it come out and can thay add multiplayer and it sez war butt your the only one killing so could you add battles online and with npc

Flag Post

I think there should be more elements and more different types of attacks. Also a little more story. The main Idea is MORE VARIETY

Flag Post

The problem of having your character learn other magics from other clans is that I think it would take away from the uniqueness and replayability (is that a word?) of the game. The best thing about the BoM games is you can play them multiple times as a different character in a different clan, giving you a different strategy each time. And of course you can play the game again and make different decisions you hadn’t made the last time you played (good/evil, etc.). Although I think it would be interesting to learn a variety of different magics from different clans, I think there could be other solutions. I’ve thought of a possible one.

Make it so your character can further specialize in different magic in your clan. So once you’re at a certain level, you can choose like different sub-classes or something. For instance (this is just an example I thought of): Say you’re a Poison Water mage. When you reach a certain level, you can have the choice of advancing in a specialized path with certain skills (and once you choose one path you can’t do the other ones). One of them could specialize in spells that drain life from your enemy and give it to yourself. Another could specialize in taking away poisoned effects off of your enemy and using them to give your character temporary buffs and whatnot. And another could just simply specialize in increasing the potency of your poison. These are all just examples, but I think a concept like that or similar to that would be nice. That way you could have even more hours of enjoyment from the game by playing even more times over, testing out the different ways to specialize your character.

One more thing that I think could make the sequel a little more interesting – make your character have reputations with the different clans. Like if you killed a Great Sea mage regardless of your intentions (good/evil), your rep with Great Sea would go down. And depending on your rep with the different clans you could have different responses from different characters. I wouldn’t really be devastated or even care if I don’t see this in the sequel, but I just thought it could be a good idea. As much as I love BoM, I also realize that it’s still a little free to play online game, and you can’t expect so many cool complicated things to be crammed into one little game.

As for the plot, I think it’s completely up to NobStudio to design. Personally, I haven’t really cared much for any of the plots suggested here. They’re a little bit absurd and have a few unfilled gaps to them. Anyways, if NobStudio makes another awesome BoM sequel, you can expect me to probably bow down to them. Love this game.

Flag Post

i think that the magic attack should NOT look like eggs also you should be able to buy stuff

Flag Post

Personally i think that everything that blood shadow rote would make a perfect game. Also Nob studio opened a forum to see if book of mages was popular in 2010 and there have only been 12 posts,

Flag Post

also clans should have more unique names like in BOM 1.

Flag Post

Nob studio opened a forum about BOM 3 but there were only 12 comments and nobody wrote anything helpful, all they did was insult each other.

Flag Post

I replayed the white robe path again and it has a HUGE glitch I made friends with the thief guy from the great sea but when the black robes tried to recruit him and i butted in he said how dare you try to poison me and didn’t join them but in the final battle he fought for the black robes.

Flag Post

also chasester u have a great story back ground but it kind of ruined the whole point of book of mages. The point is that u have to make a name for your self in the world and u get to chose a side and a personality. Your story plot would be perfect for a new game just not book of mages. Also the whole apoliphtic thingy does not really work with the worlds dinamics so far.

Flag Post

you all who said that there should be a sandbox mode in BoM have a great player brain! it is annoying u complete the game becoming the great mage and if u didn’t knew anything about the game u will be rlly sad because u can’t continue playing…yeah…that happened to me :((

Flag Post
Originally posted by bububoss44:

you all who said that there should be a sandbox mode in BoM have a great player brain! it is annoying u complete the game becoming the great mage and if u didn’t knew anything about the game u will be rlly sad because u can’t continue playing…yeah…that happened to me :(( so plzz do that in BoM 3!