Gemcraft or any other flash game TRANSFER SAVE FILE TUTORIAL page 2

173 posts

Flag Post

For all of you mac users out there, the best thing to do is to find out the name of a file that you want to transfer and search for that file under file/find when finder is open. When it finds the file, double click on the folder above the file that it finds and then a folder with that save file will open up. To find other saves, click a few folders up when you search and more folders with gamesaves inside will open up.

you could probably search for filenames on windows computers too, but I have not tried.

Flag Post

For all of you mac users out there, the best thing to do is to find out the name of a file that you want to transfer and search for that file under file/find when finder is open. When it finds the file, double click on the folder above the file that it finds and then a folder with that save file will open up. To find other saves, click a few folders up when you search and more folders with gamesaves inside will open up.

I made a mac thing. I am still working on it though to make it more accurate. http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3/topics/29816

Flag Post

Nice job. Also you should add this also works for other more complicated things like youtube.

Flag Post

smart players.

Flag Post

If u downloaded the flash file on the computer, I suggest u follow these steps:
– Open the Flash File(*.swf) with IE7 (recommend)
– Right-click => choose “Allow Blocked Content…” => “Yes”
– Right-click on Flash screen => choose “Settings…”
– Choose “Local Storage” (folder icon).
– Unselect “Never Ask Again”.
– Drag the size bar upto “Ultimate”
– Click “Close”
Now, enjoy the “Ultimate save game progress” :))

Flag Post

You just saved my battleship. Than you!!!!

Flag Post

I can’t find the file for Mushroom Revolution which I played on mofunzone.com before I found it here. Now the game has badges which I would like to get but don’t want to play the whole thing again. I’m using XP. I play the game here…only first level…I checked on mofunzone and I am on the 4th or 5th level I think.

EDIT: Oh, the mofunzone version doesn’t have the valentines map =/.

Flag Post

[deleted]

Flag Post

this was usefull to copy Sonny 2 and get the locked class.

Flag Post

I would like to start a different account because i really hate this name, any ideas on how to switch the saved files to another user?

Flag Post

ive put 2 files for sonny 2 in kongregate chat and it hasnt worked wat should i do?

Flag Post

Thanks. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by batterytime:

Anyone else pissed that you have to start all over on Gemcraft after playing it on Armor Games, or some other site?

Well, I figured out how to transfer the save file, just follow the instructions:

(BTW, this is for WINDOWS VISTA only, not Macs or Linux. Sorry guys)

(You can probably do it in XP too, just under another folder)

1. Go to Folder Settings in Windows and turn hidden folders ON.

2. Next, go to

C:\Users\YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#SharedObjects\SOME RANDOM LETTERS AND NUMBERS\

3. There should be two folders, one named chat.kongregate.com and one named armorgames.com or a different website you played it on

4. Go to the armorgames.com one and copy BOTH giabGencraftPreferences.sol and giabGemCraftSaveData.sol over to the chat.kongregate.com. Overwrite any existing data there.

5. You’re DONE! You can now pick up where you left off, and hopefully make progress towards the new badges (which WILL appear… eventually).

Thanks for reading this. This procedure should work on most other games too, even flashes you’ve downloaded to your desktop. Just look for the .sol files with the other game title in it. Those saves should be under #LocalWithNet\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Desktop\. The procedure should be similar for XP, just under a different folder.

-Batterytime

this is almost exactly the same as in windows 7(which i have :P ), woot woot!

Flag Post

umm i went into application data, but i can’t find macromedia (yes i do have hidden folders on)

Flag Post

mine was under cache.armorgames.com

Flag Post

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\…..then theres only a folder that just says “microsoft”,not macromedia.What happends? i use XP op XD,Also i just can see all the hidden folsders but still theres nothing.And if i add “\macromedia” in my bar,it gives an error that says that the direction dosent exist lol,someone know why this happend? XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by aguspal:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\…..then theres only a folder that just says “microsoft”,not macromedia.What happends? i use XP op XD,Also i just can see all the hidden folsders but still theres nothing.And if i add “\macromedia” in my bar,it gives an error that says that the direction dosent exist lol,someone know why this happend? XD

I have the same problem some help would be appreciated from some computer savvy
ppl

Flag Post

aguspal and chickenalien… is Administrator the account you use to log into your computer? Try checking C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Application Data and see if there is a Macromedia folder… if you weren’t logged in as Administrator when you played the games, the folder wouldn’t have been created under Administrator’s account.

Flag Post

try Start -> Run -> %APPDATA% and click OK.

rokemon101: cd ~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/*/

Flag Post

Ok.
I have another computer, in which I played Epic War 3. I want to transfer my save file from my XP computer to my Vista computer. But, on the XP computer, I use Firefox and Chrome, while IE for Vista one. My save file loads on both. But, I cannot find the files.

The only folders that come up is www.kongregate.com and chat.kongregate.com.
The www.kongregate.com one only has konduit_1246426698.swf, which is a folder, and empty.

Please Help!

Flag Post

nvm. Found It. It was under chat.kongergate.com and was called Defender3, so I was confused.
Thanks anyways!

Flag Post

Linux (probably Mac too) save files go under ~/.macromedia/FlashPlayer etc etc etc. Just on case anyone didn’t know already who needs to. I suspect it’ll be similar for any other Unices with a Flash player too.

Flag Post

Cool, I’d give u reps if i could :)

Flag Post

If somebody can’t find specific save files, simply do this:

1. Start playing a game you want to transfer, and save it.

2. Go to the [random letters and numbers] directory, and use searching tool to look for “*.sol” (without quotation marks).

3. You will be given all sol files, now sort them by a date. Those you were searching for should be at the top of the file list.

Flag Post

need help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!