Mutilate a Doll (Official Thread) page 2

1460 posts

Flag Post

nice it worked, however I would like to see a gun with more penetrative power (sniper or something)

kinda like this:

Flag Post

I think what Pando is basically saying is he would like the sniper rifle round to do more “ripping through” an cluster of things instead of slamming the shit out of them. see how the shards in the first picture seem to have been pushed and broken due to the compression quiet a bit? Well in the second picture it looks more like something just tore through the breakables instead of slamming them.
I hope I have stated this clearly, if anyone can put it in better wording feel free to do so.

Flag Post

Overdrive a Doll minipatch:

- Added sniper (5)
- Added recoil to weapons
- Added overdrive (caps lock)*
- Modified weapon stats
- Modified brick wall to be higher
- Modified brick wall to be made of breakable objects
- Fixed a collision-related bug that caused crashing

* Overdrive causes everything to be supercharged. More cuts. Smaller shrapnel size. More bullets. Etc. Might cause increased lag. Works when caps lock is ENABLED!!1.

Report all bugs and crashes with as detailed as possible so I can hunt them down more efficiently. “LOL IT CRASHED HAHA LAG” is not quite adequate.

Flag Post

Report all bugs and crashes with as detailed as possible so I can hunt them down more efficiently. “LOL IT CRASHED HAHA LAG” is not quite adequate.

Just how many times did people send you something to that effect?

Flag Post

0rava,What is overdrive? And, could you maybe create a flamethrower in the next patch?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 0rava:

19. November minipatch:

- Added sniper (5)
- Modified weapon stats

* Overdrive causes everything to be supercharged. More cuts. Smaller shrapnel size. More bullets. Etc. Might cause increased lag. Works when caps lock is ENABLED!!1.

I want something the ragdolls can hold, like maybe brass knuckles or something.
I keep pretending and forcing them to fight each other, but they don’t do any real damage to each other. I would like a way to hurt them with their own ‘friends’ properly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Density:

[Pointless text]

Your avatar makes me think of terrible things.

Flag Post

0rava, just thought of an awesome idea. Say when you are in pause mode and you want to move something, say a brick wall. You should make some sort of highlight thing, where you can move multiple things at once

Flag Post

reserved

Flag Post

Thanks,JoshinatorKY. Another question lol. How do i do screenshots?

Flag Post

@fireballs591 idk but for mac its command+shift+4

good improvements, but as josh and I discussed earlier in chat, i wish the bullets wold last longer after touching objects. See in the picture, the “ripping through” is pretty good but it stops abrubtly when the bullet disapers

Flag Post

lolz nvm i dont think i had enough walls :D

Flag Post

think your safe?

I THINK NOT!! :D

Flag Post

im srry for posting so much e_o ima stop nao

nvm i need to add another comment…. i wish you could add a switch to be able to move things during pause, be able to pause while in slomo mode, and also have a setting to make your thingy stop swinging and stay straight without moving (sword) that would make my day :D

Flag Post

pando123 nice screen shots _ i think you need to KEEP posting them :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by fireballs591:

could you maybe create a flamethrower in the next patch?

How, and what would it shoot? Too many “bullets” imitating fire could get really nasty very fast.

Say when you are in pause mode and you want to move something, say a brick wall. You should make some sort of highlight thing, where you can move multiple things at once

Yeeah. I was thinking of something like that.

Originally posted by pando123:

be able to pause while in slomo mode, and also have a setting to make your thingy stop swinging and stay straight without moving

P to pause. Set damping to a very high value (>2000) from menu to stop things moving.

And to everyone who wanted bullets to last longer:

Bullets need to be heavy to deal massive damage, unfortunately small and heavy isn’t that great a combination when it comes to not annihilating things. Imagine pellets heavier than your shotgun itself flying around everywhere, hitting your shotgun and pushing it around like nothing. I can make them last a bit longer, but it’s not pretty if they never delete. Currently the bullets are deleted after a while of inactivity, meaning that if they touch something, and keep touching it, they should stick around longer (when they’re ramming through a wall of breakables, for example).

Flag Post

can you make the item visible before placing it? it is kinda annoying not to know the real dimension of what you are placing… especially for gears
it would also be nice to be able to make gears of various sizes when drawing it and maybe the possibility to change the place where they are fixed after placing them without having to delete and remake them

Flag Post

tribute to black ops kinda :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flyingguys18:
Originally posted by 0rava:

19. November minipatch:

- Added sniper (5)
- Modified weapon stats

I want something the ragdolls can hold, like maybe brass knuckles or something.
I keep pretending and forcing them to fight each other, but they don’t do any real damage to each other. I would like a way to hurt them with their own ‘friends’ properly.

I agree with this guy.

Flag Post

Move a Doll update:

- Added stabilizer toggle.*
- Added lag-setting**
- Added ability to move things around by dragging while paused
- Fixed resizing not setting object properties properly
- Fixed resizing causing a crash if you were dragging the object you resized
- Modified bullet duration on screen
- Modified multiple select dragging to require mouse pressing.
- Modified multiple select to work with resize and rotation.
- Modified multiple select to work with paused dragging.
- Modified Damping to be split into Linear and Angular damping***
- Removed overdrive from caps lock
* It will try to slightly stabilize ragdolls' balance, possibly making it stand.
** Set to 2 for overdrive, set to 0.5 for throttle. Other values might cause madness.
*** Angular = rotation; Linear = movement.

Lag might not be the best name for the value, suggest better ones if you wish. And once again, report bugs. New updates means more possible things to break.

Flag Post

Me when I saw this post.

Flag Post

No need to blockquote each changelog, link to post should suffice… It takes loads of space and if I need to modify them, people might get confused which one(s) to read.

Flag Post

How, and what would it shoot? Too many “bullets” imitating fire could get really nasty very fast.
Uhh 0rava, i was thinking the same thing after i posted that comment. But maybe that was a bad idea anyway _. So…. i’m thinking you shouldn’t create a flamethrower after all.

Flag Post

Uhh 0rava, i was thinking the same thing after i posted that comment. But maybe that was a bad idea anyway _. So…. i’m thinking you shouldn’t create a flamethrower after all.

yeah, i found out what 100 tiny bullets on screen at once can do… It was not pretty.

Never set lag to 22 and fire shotgun… EVER

Flag Post

0rava, please add something like where the dolls can hold something. I know people have said it before but i agree, they should be able to hold guns of some sort.