Mutilate a Doll (Official Thread) page 48

1460 posts

Flag Post

Two exams next week, a bit of free time after that. Should be able to make something during that time.

Little somethin’ somethin’ I’ve been cooking up: http://i.imgur.com/WKHFu.jpg

Flag Post

Real humanoid ragdolls? This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Madness? THIS IS AWESOME! :D

Flag Post

awesome!!!!
try to make where bleeds he covers whit his hands
or a boot

Flag Post

Hey 0rava, how do you save a level to the public?

Flag Post

Man, this game has come so far! It’s simply amazing. I’m not really sure why the score has stalled out the way it has though. Seems odd.

Anyway I just wanted to make a few suggestions. The first ting is more of a comment though. I’m still not really satisfied with the way bullets behave. I know me being satisfied is not a huge deal but I thought I’d throw it out there. The other thing is we need to get the word out there that the game is still being added to. I’ve talked to a lot of people after coming back from my break from Kongregate and very very few realized anything had been added. Maybe you could slowly start working towards a mutilate a doll that isn’t a complete change from the basic formula but would branch off and take a different direction from the main game. Like for instance you could incorporate what you have here for the skeleton of a puzzle game. All you would need is idea for what kind of puzzle and to develop the levels and menus. It would be a hassle but since you have the ground work here it would not be as hard as starting from scratch.

Another Idea is to branch off and start developing the game (under a different name) towards a The Gun Game like style. With goals and challenges. Or even go towards a style such as Gunblood… Anyway I just wanted to mention these and to tell you I still love your game :3

Flag Post

I D E A S:
weapons:rocket launche, acid gun, poisoning gas, frag bomb:when explodes shoots like spikes , taser.
objets:wall portal, football ball
!!!!!!!:poseed doll, snake , enemies attacks the dolls
objetives:…

Flag Post

Flag Post

I’ve mentioned it plenty of times that I’ve been extremely busy with school.
Three exams and four bigger programming projects in total in december – two of which were done (and one started but unfinished currently) during the last two weeks, racking up 1500+ lines of code already.
Mutilate, in comparison, has approximately 10000 lines and I’ve been developing it for more than a year straight.

I mentioned the new doll update in my previous post, and it’s planned for next week (monday being deadline for the third programming project).

Also, scores are bound to drop when more and more people play it (consider the fact that anything other than 5* drops the rating), and they’re just numbers. My game has been played almost two million times, that’s 10000% more than I ever could’ve imagined when I released it. In my eyes it’s a massive success and 0.02 rating drop means squat.

Flag Post

I sorreh for being selfish/dumb.
Grades are far more important than anything on Kong. :)
Hope you are doing well 0rava. Still love your flying squirrel avatar. Any chance you could share some more drawings of it sometime after December??

Flag Post

Teaser time.
Failed (at first) to make the doll save properly, this was the result: http://i.imgur.com/xB0Tq.png

Originally posted by JoshinatorKY:

Any chance you could share some more drawings of it sometime after December??

http://0rava.deviantart.com/art/Squirrels-171137640
http://0rava.deviantart.com/art/360-head-149662310

Flag Post

Another teaser!

Flag Post

Christmas patch!

First, my apologies for everyone who wanted christmas items, I simply didn’t have time to make a bunch of them.
Also, I’ve been so busy that spending my rather limited time on a couple of items that’d vanish in a week seemed rather useless.
So, instead I added a couple of new features I’d been working on for a while.

New doll!
- Spawn with Shift+Space
- Not made of only rectangles
- Has both skeleton and joints (whereas the old one only has a skeleton)
- Reworked stabilise system thanks to the new joint system*

* Still under construction, so there may be floating zombie parts, but it's a start.

New blood!
- Uses dark magic and all sorts of voodoo to make the blood appear soooo smoooooth.
- It will probably lag quite a bit, so it’s disabled by default. But you can enable it from the World Menu (“Smooth blood”) if you want to give it a go.

Locally saved settings!
- Now everything you toggle in the world menu is saved locally.
- Meaning you don’t have to toggle things every time you play, if you prefer something else than the default setup.

Modified save strings!
- Up to 66% shorter now!

Santa hat!
- Last and probably least, holiday themed hat for the new doll.
- Will magically disappear around Jan 1st, so better not make saves that depend on it.

As always, report the bugs on this thread or the game comments so I can fix them.

Flag Post

this game is awesome! though… i dont like blasting Santa’s head off with a freakin shot gun… aww, hell its funny as hell!

Flag Post

I think i might have found a bug, it seems you cant put stuff inside a cannon anymore….
i want to fire swords out of ma cannon again!

Flag Post

- Fixed cannon not working.
- Modified stabilize of the new doll (shouldn’t jump around as much, while still keeping upright)

Flag Post

new bug!
When you rip the upper half (the big torso and arms and head) off of the new doll and its legs are still there, the upper half floats. please fix it.

Flag Post

How do you resize a doll? pressing up or down just kills it

Flag Post

oh master orava when i cutted the arm and desprended one hand the hand becomed invulnerable to blunt and sharp weapons(vulnerable to guns cuts ,lasers and nothing more)
the new doll is causing some bugs i think

Flag Post

why is the new doll so fragile? even when small? oh and lemawesome, that’s caused by stabilize dolls. it makes the legs heavier and the torso lighter (right?)

Flag Post

Yay! new patch :D
By the way 0rava, are you still having issues with people hacking the game?

oh by the way if i turn particles off blood will still appear but it will not disappear over time as it should.

Flag Post

There is an annoying glitch where if you slam some part of a ragdoll down it won’t break or even bleed and even if you throw some kind of explosive like an aerosol can as hard as possible it doesn’t explode. Also the explosive that need to touch something to explode like the explode and implode ones don’t do anything if they touch a ragdoll. Please fix this bug.

Flag Post

@patrick813, set ‘Size’ from the Object-menu to something other than 1 before spawning the doll.

@JoshinatorKY, the sitelock seems to be holding pretty well. Also, disabling Particles-toggle will enable the original physics blood, as seen in MaD:Classic. If you want to get rid of blood, use Particles-variable instead (set it to 0).

@sword1000, everything seems to work fine on my end. Are you sure ‘Contact Events’ is enabled in the World Menu?

Flag Post

I lol’d so hard at this.

Flag Post

@Orava
D’oh, I didn’t know I had to do that XD it works now.

Flag Post

The complex ragdoll is approximately 1.3x the height of the simple one about up to the shoulder, and if you want to shrink the complex one to the size of the simple ragdoll, try shrinking it to three quarters of its size. Be warned about making the complex ragdoll, as when it is as small as half size, its feet will begin to have a small spazm and always stay on its ‘toes’, this may be due to the fact that the legs were designed to lift the ragdoll’s heavy weight and bounce accordingly to any unbalance.
Because their heads are the same size, the complex ragdoll will have a smaller head when scaled to simple ragdoll size. There is also the fact that the complex ragdolls have less resistance against ‘bludgeoning’ objects, shapes, etc. and losing a limb or getting sliced altogether.

BUG: Severed ragdoll lower half legs will still dance. Amusing, but obviously a bug. Tested with a miniature complex ragdoll.
BUG: Any severed legs will have a massive weight when ‘stabilize ragdolls’ is checked. Appears to work with simple ragdolls, as well as complex.
BUG: Miniature simple (maybe complex) ragdolls have a massive resistance, you will have trouble ripping their heads off.

@sword1000
It’s *0*rava, with a zero.