Flag Post

I love how the new dolls kinda dance :3

Flag Post

Can you add?
wheels
talking dolls (ouch!, aw! that hurts)
other ragdolls….

Flag Post

happy new year!!!! and you can create enemys that can attack the radgoll?
like snakes or a poseed doll.
continuos laser generator and mirrors that can deflect lasers:)

Flag Post

you needed fireworks (gun, bullets explode and the colors can go a few [insert measurement here] away and when they hit the doll, it “breaks him”), sparklers, roman candles (see fireworks () plus have a few designs) and some smoke bombs (smoke slowly disintegrates doll) for the new year. Maybe for the fourth of july…

Flag Post

Post Update: How to make a blender.

I noticed a comment that had a lot of vote ups asking for a blender.
So I’ll show you a very easy, simple way to make one.

Here is what it looks like.

And here are the settings I used.
If you have a pretty crummy computer I suggest changing lag to 2 or 3.
It does not however, work well with lag set to 1.

I’ve made some cool images I wanted to share. The first one has been photoshopped because I was having a hard time getting the ragdolls to pose just the way I wanted (still not happy with it). The rest are all unedited aside from cropping and resizing them so they would fit in the post. Enjoy!

This next one is the result of me playing around with the lag and particle limit.

For this I set lag to (no joke) 55, particle limit to 3000, time to .05 and the object that was shattered started out as a small piece of a breakable which i cut off the end and deleted the rest. Then I just cut it up using the Q key until it was basically fine powder.

It’s pretty cool to play around with, though the physics engine and/or coding isn’t made to handle contact events with such small particles so expect some rather odd things to happen.

I don’t really have anything to say about the rest of these screenshots, they just look cool so I wanted to share them.

Other fun things to do.

1. Add bottle .
2. Cut the bottleneck with Ctrl and mouse so beer stop pouring out.
3. Add new bottle while the remains of previous one remain on screen.
4. Hover mouse over piece that beer is pouring out of and press the down arrow.
5. Spawn another bottle.
6. Shenanigans.

1. Set Lag to 33
2. Set time to .5
3. Spawn Shotgun
4. Fire Shotgun
5. Shit bricks

1. Spawn gears
2. Spin gears as fast as you can
3. Shoot gears
4. Admire the explosion of insanely fast spinning shrapnel

Flag Post

Lots of people have been asking for better fire and I’ve been trying to figure out how to implement it properly for ages.

I did make pretty heavy fire stuffs with another project of mine, but it handles everything totally different, from object properties all the way up to graphics. So I’m not going to guarantee anything, but I’ll definitely try to port it over to Mutilate, at some point . Still pretty busy wih exams and suff.

Implemented in the other project (though lack of hotkeys and stuff makes it impossible to test all of them):
- Burning
- Objects turning to chunks of coal if burnt long enough
- Heat radiation via air
- Heat conduction on touch
- Heat conduction through joints

Flag Post

Do you think you could change the new ragdoll’s feet? I think they might be what causes him to dance around, which apparently many people don’t like. (I don’t care either way). Also His feet are uncutable. The only reliable way to break them is with a gun.

Flag Post

Starting another round of beta-tester recruiting soon.

If you’re interested, start writing an application about how awesome Mutilate is and why you should be picked.

DO NOT SEND IT ANYWHERE YET.

Further details to follow.

Flag Post

Um, I just started playing and I want to know how to have a controllable doll(or any other object) and not have a weird bright yellow color.

Flag Post

I think that making the brikc wall breakable was NOT a godd idea…it makes the game crash VEEERY easily…fix that plz??orva?

Flag Post

Brickwall never crashes the game for me…

Flag Post

Screenshot. Power of kings. XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by zelaznog_22:

Screenshot. Power of kings. XD

Epic.

Flag Post

Patched some things just now:
- Fixed pressing ‘R’ in search bar causing reset
- Fixed new doll’s feet not being cuttable
- Fixed new doll’s hand being indestructable
- Tweaked new doll’s health
- Tweaked new doll’s joint strength

Flag Post

i have a few questions to ask: (1.) how do you control something that has the property of control and what are all the commands? (for the lille bar you type in at the bottem) (2.) can you add a feature where if you put a sponge in water/other liquid it starts draining it? sorta like a trashcan but only effects liquid
(3.) you made a very good game,what gaveyou the idea to make this game? i hope you see this and reply!

Flag Post

so i was watching “cuboy” videos and playing the games. and they all had a giant hand hi-fiving peoples faces. so, i tried to remake that with the new ragdolls hand. 1: hands can destroy anything. 2: if the hand is still attached to the doll, it will just break.

Flag Post

I made a game for the Global Game Jam! It’s 48 hours long, of which I coded 25 hours (straight from friday to saturday evening) and then tweaked 5 hours (on sunday).

It’s called Self-slayer, check it out here!

Flag Post

How do I post screenshots? pls someone tell me I wanna post a screenshot.

Flag Post

Anyone up for a record and replay button?
And maybe a leaderboard thing for replays?

Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoshinatorKY:

Brickwall never crashes the game for me…

Your computer must be slow if you can’t handle brick walls.
And 0rava, that’s a real sick mind you got there. xP

IDEA: Explosive fire extinguishers should have a small white explosion not unlike Aerosol cans. The blast could destroy any flames within its radius.
IDEA: When new items are made, replace the list of the ‘old’ new ones instead of accumulating them. They’ve been for about 3 months.
IDEA: ‘Pressure plates’ that set off any connected trigger or mine.
IDEA: Crowns and sceptres may need a changeable colour, as they both practically have the same colour, and some people may want a purple crown. xD

POSSIBLE BUG: Laser guns appear to only cut ‘complex’ objects such as guns and other ‘multi-shape’ objects.
POSSIBLE BUG: The spread of shotgun blasts almost always have only one or two or rarely three bullets spawning a couple of blocks away from the actual cluster. Tested with lag 1.
POSSIBLE BUG: Shotgun blasts may not dismember ragdolls if they are in its blast. Tested with size 5 shotgun and basic ragdoll.
POSSIBLE BUG: The name of the complex ragdoll is ‘Ragdoll2’ without a space, in which it may or may not be intentional.

BUG: When ‘massacred’, harpoon tips go insane sometimes. They shake.
BUG: Complex ragdolls might fly when their legs are ripped off when stabilize ragdolls is set. Until next time, we’ve got legless astronauts.

Flag Post

Probably a bug
1.Spawn a minigun
2.Fire the minigun[At all times]
3.Smash the minigun into the bullets
4.The minigun easily breaks why?Man i am a kid

Flag Post

Idea
1.There should be a laser sights.We will attach laser sights into a gun and thus we can accurately headshot the ragdoll easier.
2.A gas can should pour gas that makes things flammable.When a fire gets into gas a fire will spread quick thus making
a large fire.I know there are no flaming yet.What i mean if the flamethrower can already set things to fire.Use this idea.
3.A minigun when fired…It will start as the barrel of minigun will spin up and will spin up faster and faster until it spins fast enough to fire minigun

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phobox:

Idea
1.There should be a laser sights.We will attach laser sights into a gun and thus we can accurately headshot the ragdoll easier.
2.A gas can should pour gas that makes things flammable.When a fire gets into gas a fire will spread quick thus making
a large fire.I know there are no flaming yet.What i mean if the flamethrower can already set things to fire.Use this idea.
3.A minigun when fired…It will start as the barrel of minigun will spin up and will spin up faster and faster until it spins fast enough to fire minigun

Good ones.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phobox:

Idea

1. Sounds alright, just get the AI of a turret with a longer range.
2. Uhh… sounds good.
3. Any movement on the object could be complicated.