Mutilate a Doll (Official Thread) page 56

1460 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by UmAsSo:

Just a quick question, you know inside the properties section, there’s a property called “Controllable” and I have no clue what it does! can someone tell me what it does!?

first, press enter go to movement and go see if you have the controls set. Then you can move anything that has the controllable property.
 
Flag Post

What about a “property” to the objects that allow an object to don’t collide with another one.
If I don’t explained well:
3 properties called “behind”, “middle” and “in front”: if you tick one of these properties the object will collide only with other that have the same property. If I spawn a square that have the “behind” property and a breakable with the “middle” one, the square won’t collide with the breakable but it will pass behind the rectangle.
With this property we could make an object pass “trough” another one without touch it. Maybe it can come in handy with complex structures. Is it feasible?
Tell me if it’s “too much” and if it’s at least comprensible because for me it’s hard to explain in english xD

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheNABBON:

What about a “property” to the objects that allow an object to don’t collide with another one.
If I don’t explained well:
3 properties called “behind”, “middle” and “in front”: if you tick one of these properties the object will collide only with other that have the same property. If I spawn a square that have the “behind” property and a breakable with the “middle” one, the square won’t collide with the breakable but it will pass behind the rectangle.
With this property we could make an object pass “trough” another one without touch it. Maybe it can come in handy with complex structures. Is it feasible?
Tell me if it’s “too much” and if it’s at least comprensible because for me it’s hard to explain in english xD

Well i dont really understand but what if you had four things and you used the middle property? And i actually don’t know how an object work like that.
 
Flag Post

I mutilated a doll.

 
Flag Post

… Paint moment. :D
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/8004/propertiessketch.png
Ok, I tried to explain it with a little sketch, divided in 4 parts:
Sketch 1: Two breakables with the “in front” property. They collide one each other (nothing of special).
Sketch 2: Two breakables with the “middle” property, another time nothing of so strange.
Sketch 3: Two breakables with “in front” and one with “middle”. The “in front” breakables overlap the “middle” one without collide with it
Sketch 4: One breakable with “in front” and one with “behind” another time the in front one put himself in front without collide with the object behind.

Two objects with the same property collide one each other.
Two objects with different properties Don’t collide and one of them will put himself in front of the other.

Behind Property: will put the object behind other objects except to other objects with the same property. Two “behind” objects will collide one each other.
Middle property: the object will be positioned in front of a “behind” object but behind a "in front object (sketch 3)
In front property: this object will be positioned in front other objects except to oother objects with the same property. Two “in front” objects will collide one each other.
Is now comprensible xD

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheNABBON:

… Paint moment. :D
http://imageshack.us/a/img829/8004/propertiessketch.png
Ok, I tried to explain it with a little sketch, divided in 4 parts:
Sketch 1: Two breakables with the “in front” property. They collide one each other (nothing of special).
Sketch 2: Two breakables with the “middle” property, another time nothing of so strange.
Sketch 3: Two breakables with “in front” and one with “middle”. The “in front” breakables overlap the “middle” one without collide with it
Sketch 4: One breakable with “in front” and one with “behind” another time the in front one put himself in front without collide with the object behind.

Two objects with the same property collide one each other.
Two objects with different properties Don’t collide and one of them will put himself in front of the other.

Behind Property: will put the object behind other objects except to other objects with the same property. Two “behind” objects will collide one each other.
Middle property: the object will be positioned in front of a “behind” object but behind a "in front object (sketch 3)
In front property: this object will be positioned in front other objects except to oother objects with the same property. Two “in front” objects will collide one each other.
Is now comprensible xD

now i get it. sounds pretty good, and the ragdoll has his arms and legs behind his body
 
Flag Post

Collision groups are planned but not implemented yet. The physics engine supports them directly but I’ve never toyed with them too much.

 
Flag Post

lol. Collision groups is the right name. If only I remembered it… xD

 
Flag Post

More medieval weapons please.

 
Flag Post

Hello, I was just writing this to let you know of a bug, it probably wont happen a lot, but I accidentally make the ragdolls head really large, then the game looked like it did when you have nothing in the arena, there were no walls, and nothing would spawn, hotkey or menu click, but the menus, and it showed what it would show when you click the name of the object.

 
Flag Post

I still get on and play MaD once or twice for a hour or so. :)

 
Flag Post

from what i see, no one has been on this lately so wee should a railgun.

 
Flag Post

Just uploaded a new version with a couple stability issues fixed I’ve found during the development of Enhanced.

Namely resizing of bodyparts causing crash and a few other rarer occurrences.

 
Flag Post

What about the MaD: Enhanced…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruzerek:

What about the MaD: Enhanced…

Under construction. You can follow the development at Twitter

 
Flag Post

i dont know how to shrink do i go to text2physicsmenu and shrink the number cause i tried that and it didnt work

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by gillpredator:

i dont know how to shrink do i go to text2physicsmenu and shrink the number cause i tried that and it didnt work

go to the menu on the right to do it.
 
Flag Post

0rava! I want more butter on my ham!

 
Flag Post

Going to do an items only week for Enhanced at some point, looking for suggestions. Either post here, comment on the game or PM me and I’ll pick items based on suggestions.

 
Flag Post

we should have an increased/decreased viewpoint so we can see what else is happening and have a larger level to put more stuff in. i was also thinking of a mass accelerator cannon but a normal one would be too big to put in the normal viewpoint.

 
Flag Post

Okay…

Paint Can modifies water and material colour when turned upside down. Colour could be changeable.
Time Bomb explodes after a predetermined time has passed.
Nuke explodes three times larger, but needs more stimuli.
Ray Gun could replace the laser gun, but it is smaller and more subject to damage.
Black hole is like a long-lasting implosion with a trash can in the centre.
Fish which make odd sounds upon hitting something.

 
Flag Post

Some ideas for items…

A nuke

A bazooka

A acid sprayer

A tazer

A molotov

A truck wheel

A pillow

A keyboard

A light bulb

A

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by konuse:

Some ideas for items…

A nuke

A bazooka

A acid sprayer

A tazer

A molotov

A truck wheel

A pillow

A keyboard

A light bulb

A

you should probably change that a to an AN for acid sprayer. pillows would be cool for a pillow fight.

 
Flag Post

how does the controllable property work