Mutilate a Doll (Official Thread) page 3

1460 posts

Flag Post

0rava, I was re-thinking the idea of a flamethrower. Maybe it’s not such a bad idea after all, you could possibly make it so the “bullets” are just not visible, like you would be able to see them but they wouldn’t be real bullets you know? And they would disappear on contact. Or make it so they last a for a very short period of time. Again, i don’t know what you can and can’t do so… yeah.

Flag Post

can you add a sort of very heavy object just like an anvil it would also nice if you make the brick wall a bit more damaging since it doesn’t do almost anything falling right on a doll neither if you throw brick against a doll.
i would also love some sort of fixed object other than gears or maybe joints to place elevated (breakable) floors and hitting from behind.

@fireballs: as far as i know the issue is not if you can see the bullets but if the physic engine should generate them and consider their effects…

Flag Post

@fireballs591, Well what the heck. It’s a sandbox. If you want to blast ragdoll with massive amounts of bullets, that’s what you’ll get to do. Making a flamer right now.

@Athragon, once I make the menu bigger and better, I’ll add loads of objects such as chair, lamp, door, anvil… Loads of them, anyways!
Joints are also a planned addition at some point in the future.

@Anyone, If you’re interested in writing a manual (or any part of it) to be put ingame, I’d be grateful. Just simple things like:

"This is the menu, these are the buttons",

"if you set density to over 9000, things will probably break",

"This is what the toggles do".

Flag Post

21. November tinyupdate:

- Added flamethrower on 6
- Fixed flamethrower not being able to shoot if facing to left
- Fixed slomo not working
- more later today, maybe

Just noticed that slomo is pretty beautiful with weapons, give it a shot.

Flag Post

I got bored, and found a new way to break the breakable walls,(and wrote a story about it too!).
So, I was messing around with it, enjoying my explosions of glass walls, when I accidentally turned on the wind instead of gravity, and thus began my curiosity. Launching walls towards walls at break-neck speeds, I was filled with excitement as my new-found toy did it’s work, splintering the finely tuned walls to finely ground shards.
As I was doing this, I happened to think to myself “Hmmm Zeph, maybe a gear spins in wind!” But, to my despair, they don’t. Settling on the manual spinning, I accidentally placed two gears, and they spun by themselves. Shocked, I placed more, leading to the first of 13 gear related physics engines failures(Oops). Tuning my wall even more, I turned up the lag to 2, originally it was at 1.5 but I felt it needed more splintering. Prepping my work area, I checked over all my numbers, ultimately deciding that it needed to be devastating, and changed my original density of 2,500 to a mere 500. And I let it loose.

It took me a agonizing 10 minutes for that wall to get through, while it only took an astounding 1.3 seconds to slam into the wall without the gear. I ran the destruction at a time of .1(any higher crashes it due to the sudden explosion the wall xD). From what I could tell by my computer clock, my whole machine was battling the lag. I was doing almost 1 frame every 10 seconds… And here’s why.

Flag Post

Zephry, awesome :d

If anyone knows, or is, anyone with access or ability to create magnifficent musical pieces and/or sick sound effects, let me know. The current sounds suck.

Flag Post

objects placeable on walls can be interesting: vents, spikes, a campfire maybe
then also a buzz saw working like the gear so fixed rigid and able to rotate would be great
dart: normal weapon but always directed towards the target when tossed (i am not really sure of this one: it is kinda too similar to the shuriken)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Athragon:

objects placeable on walls can be interesting: vents, spikes, a campfire maybe
then also a buzz saw working like the gear so fixed rigid and able to rotate would be great
dart: normal weapon but always directed towards the target when tossed (i am not really sure of this one: it is kinda too similar to the shuriken)

You can make a makeshift buzzsaw with two-three gears placed on top of each other, and then 2-3 shurikens right in the middle, it’ll start spinning at amazingly high speeds. xD

Flag Post

amazing…it is even too powerful when it hit a doll the computer blocks an then i don’t see the doll anymore XD
however i don’t really trust in bugs and i would also prefer to have some kind of control of the power instead of pulverizing my computer together with the doll

Flag Post

With the doll it’s even worse lag, that’s why I stick to the breakables. ^^Even then, it’s laggapalooza.

This just in, Zephry has done it again. We go to Zephry with this ground breaking announcement.

Why, thank you Zephry, anyways, I have created more lagging glass breakers. As before I was playing with the wind setting, and I decided, “Hey why not use something sharp to destroy it?”. So that’s what I did, grabbing a nice sword and sticking it to the wall, I launched another glass breakable using the wind.

This one came out like someone broke tempered glass, just the shattering and not splintering. I used .01 time speed, and a 75 wind speed. Coupled with my finely-tuned breakable settings and a sword with damping applied.

~

You ever use a gun with recoil? I have, and it broke my window! It was like a bat out of hell, flipping around, slamming against the ceiling and walls. I’ve never seen a gun with so much recoil.

That is entirely all recoil power propelling the sniper rifle, I learned that setting the density as .1/.01/.001 will launch the gun around the screen. It even launched itself through the glass, getting stuck. Sniper rifle has the strongest recoil of all the guns, imagine what that would’ve done to a ragdoll.

Flag Post

CHAINS AND HOOKS :D that stick and can get pulled with some button

Flag Post

interesting…using just the recoil
what about a rocket(or a bullet)? it would be moving towards instead of shooting anything, a mix between physical weapons and black powder weapons

Flag Post

interesting…using just the recoil
what about a rocket(or a bullet)? it would be moving towards instead of shooting anything, a mix between physical weapons and black powder weapons

That would be interesting, maybe one that has a sharp point, and one that explodes, or crushes him?

Flag Post

i thought at is as smashing the target, maybe crushing it into the wall but not exploding, an explosive rocket would be a grenade launcher with just one shot as regards the shape in my opinion it should have a sharp head

Flag Post

All these ideas, hope we aren’t give 0rava to much work… D:

Speaking of smashing the target, what happens when you take rubber hammers to glass? An interesting effect.

I took eight hammers with 1 restitution each, no friction, and 500 mass, and stacked them so they would be able to stand up straight but not bounce. I then activated a slow 25 wind, and when they reached the glass, I paused and took it off, allowing momentum to take it’s course.
You can see what happens to most of the hammers, as they bounce away, staying together, except for two hammers that got stuck inside the glass, and got left behind.
Sadly the demonstration crashed when the hammers inside the glass bounced the entire tower to the left, causing too much lag for a .80 time speed. :(

Flag Post

nice… if my computer won’t die in the process I’ll try it later, right before i tried smashing a glass wall into an other bigger one, it seemed to be interesting but sadly enought it crashed almost immediately.

Flag Post

Lol, every time 0rava releases an update it is kinda like Christmas morning XD

Flag Post

@ Josh I’m beginning to agree… Keep it up! :D

Flag Post

nice… if my computer won’t die in the process I’ll try it later, right before i tried smashing a glass wall into an other bigger one, it seemed to be interesting but sadly enought it crashed almost immediately.

Yea I see what you mean, I tried it just now and it crashed my browser xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by 0rava:

Zephry, awesome :d

If anyone knows, or is, anyone with access or ability to create magnifficent musical pieces and/or sick sound effects, let me know. The current sounds suck.

I’ll see if my buddy over at newground will do it. He is pretty good :3
(edit: he is pretty busy with school at the moment but says he may be able to do some music and sound effects this summer. I’ll let you know if I hear anything from him)

Flag Post

Josh, what program do you use for your gifs?

Flag Post

am I the only one that found the lazor rectangle by pressing end?

also, DO NOT set lag very high before firing it. sure it can reduce squares to mere lines, but it lags like hell.

Flag Post

Nah, I found it as well, and I always use it on 2 lag

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zephry:

Beneton Movie Gif Maker. DO NOT download it from the developer’s site, it has adware that is also downloaded if you do. I uploaded a version you don’t even have to install though. Just Save, unzip and run the program. It is here if you want to download it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoshinatorKY:
Originally posted by Zephry:

Beneton Movie Gif Maker. Don’t download it from the developer’s site though, it has adware that is also downloaded if you do. I uploaded a version you don’t even have to install though. Just Save, unzip and run the program. It’s here if you want to download it.

Btw, I have made a comment on the game that tells about this thread so it would be great if you guys would rate it up so others can see it.

Thanks Josh, I’ll give it a try.
What’d you think of my creations/destructions?