Boxhead Badge Guide.

18 posts

Flag Post

Okay never made a Guide before so bare with me.

Boxhead Badge requires you to get 10,000,000 points, while this is a great challenge it can be easily acquired.

Now if you wish you can start off by going to the “Options” and taking off the Devils and Friendly Fire off to make it easier, keep in mind you sacrafice the 10X score you can get from the Devils if you turn it off. I advise you keep the Devils on because of the great difference they can make to your score. You can also set the game to Beginner and put the speed up to fast which i found helped in the early rounds though can become more bothersome when the Zombie numbers rise.

Level Selection: Personally i found it best to go to the Recty level, its a nice long level with enterances at both ends but the odds of them surrounding you early on are very slim as it takes them too long to travel the distance. Any Level which is clear of obsticles would be suitable.

Weapon choice: As you know when you start you only get a pistol which does the trick in the first few rounds, before you know it you’ll have the Shotgun which is IMO the best weapon of choice for the whole game, early on its basically one hit kill and the upgrades give it a great spread and range, just what you’ll be needing.

Strategy: If you went for Recty then early on you’ll be running back and forward a bit picking off the enemies at either side, later on however when the enemies speed up its good to stay at one side and maybe tucked in at the bottom corner so when they first come onto the map you shoot from the bottom all the way to the top of the map killing them in the crossfire and because the enemies speed is up the other side will be out in full so you can run from where you are to the other side with the shotgun firing as you go killing quite literally hundreds of them as you go.

This basically what i done to get the badge and i hope it helps you.

Good luck everyone.

Flag Post

Are you sure you can use the devils off and Friendly Fire off? I think it won’t submit your score.

Flag Post

It doesn’t submit it for the high score no, but the Badge it does work for, i was curious of that myself so i opened up any game took the devils off, got about a million or so before letting them kill me to see if the score updated at the bottom and it did.

Flag Post

after seeing what petro said, I think that using recty level, fast speed and especially nightmare difficult is great. then use the shotgun (you get fully upgraded right at the beginning) till you have rapid rocket, then rocket them. its VERY easy that way. just go and rocket them. if you are out of ammo, switch to shotgun and fire the zombies while searching boxes for rocket ammo.

Flag Post

I Used Big Boxy, Devils on expert and got it within like 5 lvls. Maybe about 10-15 min.

Flag Post

Thanks DeadlyMan, that made it really easy. Rapid Rocket is insane.

Flag Post

i did what petro said scored 20m points box is check and no badge why is that

Flag Post

Theres been some issues with this Badge because of the amount of Zeros that are infront of the number, take a screenshot if you can of either the score or the high score or whatever to prove you done it and head over to the Kongregate Forums and post the image. One of the mods can correct it for you…

Flag Post

I like to close all of one side of the recty level with barrels, and work on all the zombies of the other side. When they’re gone, I blow up the barrels, then kill that side, This tactic works best if you make the barrel wall right when a new level is announced!

Flag Post

hey can u get badge with co-operative mode?

Flag Post

I use Tight 2. There is a little spot down at the bottom where you can just stand there with a pistol and shoot to your hearts content :)

Flag Post

i used boxy. block one side off with the fake walls so that they all have to come out of the other entrance. once they are all dead, block off that side, throw grenades into the originally blocked off entrance killing the last couple of guys. repeat pattern.

Flag Post

I use Big Boxy. First I blow up all the barrels in the arena,then try to get the multiplier until I have all the shotgun powerups. Then I kill all the enemies like a mad.

Flag Post

Well, I used Big boxy like Link, but I just stand in the middle and fire the rapid rocket launcher in both directions until I’m out of ammo, and then just go insane. It’s quite fun, but the Recty strategy sounds better..

Flag Post

Yeah i prefered Tight 2, you could block off all other entrances with barrels (not fake walls, devils can destroy them) and then shoot down one little alleyway. It got especially good when you got the upgraded shotgun (all upgrades) as you could just let them build up, and shoot like mad.

Flag Post

come on can u get the badge in co-operative mode?

Flag Post

The badge has changed :(

Fortunately, I already got it :)

Flag Post

i did pretty good with this guide thanks for the tips.