Is it just me..

16 posts

Flag Post

Is it just me or are games being uploaded to kongregate losing their quality?

A month or so ago, almost every game uploaded was worth playing, and i’d check latest games and play every one that was uploaded…

now I dont even bother checking, because they’re just half-assed games that are put together for points >_>

anyone else think this?

Flag Post

When Kongregate started out it was only open to a few select, elite developers, who would have straight away submitted most of the games they’ve made, ‘drying up’ the pool of good unsubmitted games. As word of it spreads, more unskilled developers join up, submitting all the lower-quality games they have made, plus, pumping out low quality games faster than the elite developers can pump out decent games.

Flag Post

basicly cool guys came up with cool games then uncool guys came up with uncool games

Flag Post

now I dont even bother checking, because they’re just half-assed games that are put together for points >_>

And that’s why they hide the games.

After all, you can’t just delete if it’s appropriate but sucks a lot.

Flag Post

I’m against submitting crap, but Kongregate seems to support it. Ahem…

Flag Post

Hey, that game rules, dont diss.

Flag Post

Agreed ;]

Flag Post

When Kongregate started out, it was my full-time job to contact the developers of the best Flash games on the web and convince them to upload their games here. Now that we’re more well-known, we’re getting a true “average” of games created and submitted around the entire Internet.

So I’ll take this as a personal compliment of my taste in games. There are still definitely some good ones, but I’ll agree that the quality has been lacking a bit lately in particular.

Flag Post

Greg grabs his compliments whenever he can hey :/

I think we’ll start to see scores go up now too, because a lot of best games around the web have now been submitted. The scoring will be more compared to the average game instead of always against the best.

Flag Post

I think the games are starting to be consistently good. Way more 3 star plus games now then there were a few months ago.

Flag Post

Its hard to make a decent game without a decent chunk of change sometimes. Its hard work and when someone does it as their hobby, its not always easy for them to make it awesome.

Flag Post

yes, i agree it is very hard to make a decent game without cash, and maybe if you didn’t put down peoples games and tryed to encourage them more they will try to make better ones.

Flag Post

Someone pay for my uni fees, and I’ll gladly start concentrating more on making games. lol

Flag Post

Its hard to make a decent game without a decent chunk of change sometimes. Its hard work and when someone does it as their hobby, its not always easy for them to make it awesome.

That’s my excuse :P

Flag Post

Its hard to make a decent game without a decent chunk of change sometimes.

I disagree with that statement. Money doesn’t change how I work, I make games because I enjoy making theme, playing them, and seeing other people enjoy them. Sure, I’ll seek out sponsorship at the end, but only when I have a full game that I don’t feel I can improve upon any more. Money is more of a prize for a job well done rather than an actual motive for me.

Flag Post

I would make games but see….action script is quite complex for my 14 year old mind to grasp….perhaps if we where allowed to upload games made with game maker and such…. then the good games would start a flowin’ again