[Cursed Treasure: Don't Touch My Gems!] Level 9 - ugh

7 posts

Flag Post

OK, so I have Brilliants on Levels 1 – 8, and 10 -12 and i can’t get better than a Good on level 9. What is the right strategy on 9? I’ve tried crypts on the two outer high ground areas and temples in the center, as well as the reverse of this – I can’t even get an Excellent with these. My personal skill level (or whatever that is called) is 21 at this point and I have a lot of skills maximizing crypts, temples, and meteors. Thanks for any advice! I seem to be the only one having trouble with this level.

Flag Post

I’m guessing it’s probably either ninjas or assassins which are getting you. I usually leave level 9 until I’ve at least gotten through all of the rest of the levels – then go back to it. You’ll have way more firepower then. Only use your meteors if you absolutely have to, as you’ll need as many of those as possible to take out the boss ninja or assassin.

With assassins, I have found that crypts tend to be the best weapon.

For ninjas you’ll need something to set them off AS SOON AS THEY COME OUT (I prefer temples), and then some heavy firepower at the other end by your gems to take them out when they become visible again.

If you have trouble with boss ninjas in the later levels (particularly 14), you need to have two things:

1. Heavy, heavy firepower at the beginning

2. At least one Den at each entry point (maxed out with skills) – the poison skill, if you hit the boss ninja with it will keep on affecting the ninja while it’s invisible which will give you enough damage points to do the rest with your meteors.

Flag Post

Ah, thank you, coinmasternz! I tend to favor (overuse) temples and crypts, and under-utilize dens. I will get one at each entrance, and also start adding skill points towards maximizing their effectiveness. And, as you suggest, I’ll hold off on this until I get the last few levels finished (argh on 14 as well, but that’s another story!). I need to pay attention to exactly where I am getting fouled up, too, as I am not sure whether it is assassins or ninjas that are killing me – I just know it happens way earlier than it should. Once I determine which one is my exact problem, I’ll follow your advice on it. Thank you again!

Flag Post

Hey, I did it! Thank you so much, coinmasternz! I have developed a new appreciation of the Dens, too – the poison things is great!

Flag Post

No worries Heeler, glad it helped :)

Flag Post

Actually, level 14 is usually the last one that I do – you’ll want to be maxed out on skills (or very close to it) in order to get a brilliant on 14 … good luck!

Flag Post

For level 9 you need to put dens on all the high grounds.