Final Fantasy Going Overboard

14 posts

Flag Post

Final Fantasy has been a total hit since 1986 , but as technology advances , so does the graphics , but is Square-Enix going overboard and ignoring the storyline and worrying about the graphics more than the most important part of each Final Fantasy game which is their storyline ?

Flag Post

the last good storyline they created was FF7.

Flag Post

Square is the most poilished developer ever.Dont worry.And if youre wondering why they arent showing gameplay thats Square nature to show it not far from the release

Flag Post

I like all of the stories up until about X and X2, I was not a fan of the sin story line. I think it is safe to say that almost all games now look more towards graphics than story. I mean look at the big hits of the last couple of years; Halo 2 and 3 had bad story, Gears of War although fun and good looking and a very basic story line with no real substance, even RPG’s are getting a bit lazy Mass Effect wasn’t some amazing story and Oblivion sure wasn’t anything new what so ever. In order to find really good story you might need to head back into some vintage games.

Flag Post

alot of the rpgs I find online while looking for something to do this summer have no storyline so all u do is just level up so u can brag and to me that’s boring :/

Flag Post

exactly though i like all FF games FFVII and FFIX were the best cause they were awesome VIII woulda been up there too if the monsters didnt level up with you.

Flag Post

I liked the older ones, like 6 and 7.

Flag Post

ive never played 2,4,5,6, and 11 and most of the GB and GBA and DS ones

Flag Post

I actually liked all the stories from 6 to 10. 12 was completely uninteresting though as were the earlier ones. However, the ones with … Lacking stories still had awesome gameplay to make up for it, just I prefer the 5 that had both. Yeah, I just said FF8 had awesome gameplay, you cant argue that it didnt have depth

Flag Post

I have recently been able to test Final Fantasy 4 Grimoire of the Rift and the graphics were simply SUPERB! The set-up was a bit iffish i admitted that to the watcher ( Worker ) who was watching me play but the graphics were like Habbo where it was pixelized and it was great. When i have a screenshot ill post it. I got to take the game home and lemme tell you its exactly like pokemon. Exept its harder because you have to get in a certain spot to use a certain move.

Flag Post

final fantasy games had been a very popular game but there kinda old so people need to create another game thats more awesome and longer then the others

Flag Post

Not saying i’s bad for this reason but…CLOUD YOU SAVED THE WORLD WHY ARE YOU STILL WEEPING ABOUT AERITH!?!?!?!?

Flag Post

WHY ARE YOU STILL WEEPING ABOUT AERITH!?!?!?!?

How else will he keep on being a broody little emo bitch?

Flag Post

Final Fantasy 7 was a huge inspiration for Enola: Prelude. We decided to pay homage to it by including a meteor limit break, watch out for that one, its badass :P

While I loved 7 and 8, i never got the chance to play 9 which is a bit of a shame. I think anything they have made past 10 has been terrible. The artwork, while high res, is just weird. The male characters all look progressively more like women while being male. They also have a habit of including more and more annoying characters. I swear half the cast of FF13 made me want to rip my face off. There is also less gameplay, as you spend a LOT of time watching FMV videos. This wouldn’t be so bad if the characters weren’t like a bad rash.

However i have so much love for the first ones that I will keep buying them, in the vain hope they remember how to make a decent game.