Cat with rocket boots? Yes.

19 posts

Flag Post

Over the last few days I have made this game:

http://editundo.bravehost.com/rocket%20cat%200812.swf

It is pretty much the final draft, but I was hoping to get some feedback here before I publish it. Let me know if you find any bugs/glitches, or if you have any suggestions, I’d like to hear them. Thanks!

Also, say what score/combo/time you get please :)

Edit: The game is supposed to be displayed at 600×600 pixels, but I don’t know how to embed .swfs, so you’ll have to guess if you want to resize the window to reduce lag :p

Flag Post

Cool game.

embed src=blablabla.com/asdf.swf

Well, I forgot lolz.

Flag Post

That’s awesome! Rocket cat! rocketinating the countryside!

Flag Post

Time: 156
Combo: 8
Score: 13,200

Comments:
Game Play –
Falling velocity is far too slow, try changing the falling speeds. The speed with the gravity power up was almost perfect, so that means gravity probably needs to be more drastic, where you’re fighting to stay away from the bottom.

Power up -
There seems to be far more negative “power ups” than positive ones. You should probably have a balance between positive and negaitve power ups and possibly even spawn them more than one at a time.

Over all, the game is semi-entertaining. Though, the fun does die out quickly. Applying goals, or achievements, could turn this into a far more entertaining game. I got a little over two minutes in and didn’t seem to notice a difference in challenge. Progressive challenge is another aspect to look into.

I can give you a deeper review and some pointers later if you’d like.

Flag Post

That was pretty cool, if I may say so myself

Flag Post

It’s supposed to get slightly harder/faster as you go… but I guess it takes too long to get faster at the moment. Thanks for everyone’s comments so far :)

Flag Post

It’s a game with potential, I’ll say that much. I can imagine a couple appropriate badges.

Also, kitty needs a face!

Flag Post

Oh oops I came here cause I thought I read boobs O.o

Cool game :)

Flag Post

Interesting, all the males I’ve seen play it have understood how to control it straight away, whereas all the females I’ve seen play it could not work out how to control the cat, even after 3 or 4 attempts… looks like men > women, huh? But feel free to prove me wrong.

Flag Post

Lol. Nice game! Rocket cat could be a new name for a superhero! Rocket Cat to the rescue.

Flag Post

Rocket Cat takes off in 1 week. Just thought I’d say. This is SO not a thread bump.

Flag Post

It was kinda bad… Very hard to control. >_____>

Flag Post

Care to suggest a way in which the controls could be improved?

And do you mean like, you didn’t understand how to control it, or it seemed out-of-control?

Flag Post

He probably meant the second one.

Very unique game, but I would like to see an instant retry button that’s accessed right when you die. On that same screen, make a button to the main menu too. Better yet, just make it like Ragdoll Avalanche 2 where you can start over at anytime by hitting spacebar.

The gravity seems to be a little high, making it harder to control.

There needs to be a way to drop down faster. Maybe the up/down arrow keys could be used somehow?

Flag Post

WOAH. Editundo isn’t pronounced Ehdi-tuhn-doh with the accent on the tuhn? laughs Wow. That took a while to notice…xDD

…I like it. The background kinda felt out there…but I liked it. Certainly a challenging little bit you have. Like other people said, I wouldn’t mind seeing a way to have more vertical movement without having to make the cat rotate 180º. Ketchup hit it on the mark with the immediate restart as well.

Flag Post

good game i really liked it, it is good enough

Flag Post

This is a pretty good game. I like the concept of a cat with rocket boots. Here are my ideas for improving the quality of the game.

I would first suggest making the effect of the individual rockets by themselves less drastic in the turn rate. I also think that the cat should have a face, but it probably will by the time you release it. I also suggest making it easier in the beginning.

[EDIT]
Lastly I suggest putting in 3 or less lives.

Flag Post

Hey everyone! It’s on Kongregate!

Flag Post

GET TO DA SEEKRET THRED YOSHI! im just chasin him ignre me plz