Cactus Mccoy Help Thread

112 posts

Flag Post

Alright people, I created this thread so that people could post their questions and hopefully others can answer them. I am personally going for 100% completion because I like the game. Right now I have a question, where is the 5th treasure chest in the Midnight Express level? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Flag Post

On the roof of the carriage where the enemies swarm you, right before the end of the level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cammy_Justice:

On the roof of the carriage where the enemies swarm you, right before the end of the level.

Thank you very much for the help.

Flag Post

Im stuck on Area 5 Powderkeg Pass. I have found the first 2 chest not problem, but the remaining three
are quite elusive and cant find them for the life of me.

Flag Post

I was having a bit of a problem with the Tenderizer challenge (area 4), it says to kill an enemy and juggle them with your fist 5x, I did that twice (dropped the weapon) and it doesn’t recognize it.

Also, how should I go about on the 5th area on juggling 3 enemies? I want to stack them but the most I can pull out is 2 guys as the 3rd is often a ranged one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:

I was having a bit of a problem with the Tenderizer challenge (area 4), it says to kill an enemy and juggle them with your fist 5x, I did that twice (dropped the weapon) and it doesn’t recognize it.

Also, how should I go about on the 5th area on juggling 3 enemies? I want to stack them but the most I can pull out is 2 guys as the 3rd is often a ranged one.

I managed to juggle 3 enemies. There’s a point in the map where there are two red boxers (not that boxers, you’ll know them when you see them) on a ledge, and to the left of them there is an enemigo on a lower ledge. Try to kill him and juggle him all the way to the red boxers’ ledge and then proceed with killing the boxers themselves. If you do this fast enough, all 3 of them should be in the air. It takes a bit of luck and retrying. It would be better if you use a whip or maybe a blunderbuss because those can penetrate through enemigos and thus if you get the 3 close enough you can juggle them easily. Hope this helped.

For the Tenderizer challenge, I didn’t have any problems with it. Perhaps you didn’t juggle it enough times but I won’t jump to any conclusions. Thus far, I haven’t seen any glitches/bugs with the game other than weapons getting stuck in walls, a few jumping issues etc. Achievements are awarded properly, so if you do the challenges correctly you should be able to get them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JustAWallFlower:

Im stuck on Area 5 Powderkeg Pass. I have found the first 2 chest not problem, but the remaining three

I’ll try to get back to you by telling you the location of all chests in Area 5 when I have the time. I can’t specifically tell you where the three chests are because I forgot the order in which I acquired them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JustAWallFlower:

Treasure 3 is gotten by going left across the top of the third screen (after Bottomless Gorge, before the boss room)

Treasure 4 is gotten by going to the bottom right corner of the screen (go down where the ropes are instead of right to the boss room): you’ll see an entrance to a room with a ladder just out of reach. You’ll need a boulder or TNT Barrell for a ledge.

Treasure 5 is in the boss room. Jump up after beating the boss round and you’ll see a wooden ledge: use a TNT Barrell to reach it, and throw a boulder to get a ledge to the rope above the wooden ledge.

Flag Post

I’m a bit stuck on challenge 1 and 4 in area 7: Rattler ravine. I’m not quit sure how to aim down with the scorpions or the derringer. I know to aim up and side-ways but I can’t seem to manage aiming down. Thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TrudeD:

I’m a bit stuck on challenge 1 and 4 in area 7: Rattler ravine. I’m not quit sure how to aim down with the scorpions or the derringer. I know to aim up and side-ways but I can’t seem to manage aiming down. Thanks!

To aim down jump and press the down key and shoot simultaneously. The derringer challenge is slightly harder. Some targets you’ll have to jump and aim diagonally downwards, so its jump and down + left or right + shoot. Same applies when you’re throwing scorpions diagonally upwards.

Flag Post

I can’t find the 1st and 4th chest on Deadridge Railway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vizuna:

I can’t find the 1st and 4th chest on Deadridge Railway.

the 4th one, I may have a clue, but I can’t seem to reach that spot.

as I recall, the 1st can be obtained by using the luggage/chicken. I don’t know which, but 2-3 seems to focus on luggage.

And the area 11 statue challenge is a doozy, having to carry them with limited mobility. Does it require a crate? As I can’t reach the last 2 sections. (And after I posted this, I suddenly was able to do it.)

Flag Post

Still can’t figure it out.. lol

Flag Post

Still can’t figure it out.. lol

Ok, I loaded the level.

By the 4th gunner (he’s the one inside the train atop the boxes), there’s a fairly “invisible” platform below him (just a bit to the front). check it out.

And how do you bring the chicken to the end level of the 10th area? there’s a path where you have to use ropes and thus cannot pass the chicken there.

Flag Post

Thanks. I’ll check it out for you. Before anything, note that you can throw the chicken in mid air and grab the rope, I remember doing that once in another level.

Flag Post

Thanks. I’ll check it out for you. Before anything, note that you can throw the chicken in mid air and grab the rope, I remember doing that once in another level.

I tried that, but unfortunately, my timing was off and I fell down, including the chicken (which I assume doesn’t respawn)

Flag Post

I tried that, but unfortunately, my timing was off and I fell down, including the chicken (which I assume doesn’t respawn)

I managed to get the chicken to the second ledge before dying. I guess its the only way to do it. I’ll try to figure out a consistent way to get the chicken across.

By the way, chickens do respawn.

EDIT: Got the chicken to the final stage, then died at the place where they spam you with enemies. What a shame. Anyway, it’s possible.

Flag Post

I managed to get the chicken to the second ledge before dying. I guess its the only way to do it. I’ll try to figure out a consistent way to get the chicken across.

Back where they started? Hmm…

anyway, got a good place to work on that “Juggle enemy with 4 different weapons”? Unless I am forced to carry ranged weapons or something, I don’t know where to begin.

Flag Post

Back where they started? Hmm…

anyway, got a good place to work on that “Juggle enemy with 4 different weapons”? Unless I am forced to carry ranged weapons or something, I don’t know where to begin.

Yes, in level 7. One of the challenges in that level was to juggle with 3 different weapons. I haven’t personally tried juggle with 4 different weapons, but I’m sure 1 more would be possible in that level. I gotta sleep now, will try to help more tomorrow :)

Flag Post

So apparently, lvl 12 is the best place to practice the weapon juggle. The area is straightforward, vases have weapons, so juggle, then break vase, get weapon, and continue juggling. Got to 5 weapons.

Flag Post

I’m in Area 4 right now. Anyone knows how to get to the 2nd Treasure Chest? I already see it but I have no clue how to reach it. Same goes for the chicken in the same “area of Area 4”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nony:

I’m in Area 4 right now. Anyone knows how to get to the 2nd Treasure Chest? I already see it but I have no clue how to reach it. Same goes for the chicken in the same “area of Area 4”.

Grab other chicken in the area. See the sequence of wooden handholds and and ledges near the entrance of that room? It’s time to take that chicken to the top of that (basically grab chicken, jump, throw chicken, repeat). The use the chicken to get the treasure chest and to glide to the other chicken (for the other chicken, you’ll need to throw it on a ledge right and grab a rope as well.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thok:
Originally posted by Nony:

Grab other chicken in the area. See the sequence of wooden handholds and and ledges near the entrance of that room? It’s time to take that chicken to the top of that (basically grab chicken, jump, throw chicken, repeat). The use the chicken to get the treasure chest and to glide to the other chicken (for the other chicken, you’ll need to throw it on a ledge right and grab a rope as well.)

Oh, smart solution. I was already guessing that I need to take the chicken up there but because jumping didn’t work with the chicken I thought there might be some hidden passage that I need to find. Thanks :-)

Flag Post

I found the 4th Treasure Chest in Area 9. You need a chicken (found 1 carriage before the “Coal” cart), and go near the edge of the latter cart, drop then glide towards the left.

Flag Post

i have all but the third chest on the seventh level and cant seem to find it, its prolly somewhere really easy to see but i’m blind as a bat xD