Lead for Dead: Call of the Dead page 8

333 posts

Flag Post

Damnit, the version I got is old.. There’s no “Pro” perks and there’s no Stronghold map. I just got the game by downloading the .swf file and then I “opened with” an internet browser. Just like that, I can play it offline… Someone have the most recent swf file I could get?

Flag Post
Originally posted by IXIhalo3IXI:

Why don’t you remake with just a reskin and other names? It was such an awsome game :(

I know, seriously, why waste all that work?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:
Originally posted by ehaugw:

the game is down, because of copyright things.

I told you! Who contacted you, Treyarch?

Damn it I wanted to say that!!!

Flag Post

so the game is off cause copyright ?! i hope it will get rid of it and reupload the new version , cause the game was cool with lot of potential . could be a best game

Flag Post

If I did, I would have to change out all the gun drawings and names too, without that, it’s much left…

Flag Post

You would NOT have to change the pictures of the guns, only the names. Dead Frontier (a zombie apocalypse MMORPG) had a similar issue, they changed all the gun names slightly and that was enough.

Flag Post

And I’m looking forward to be sued by the U.S. Army for the Army Ranger design .

Flag Post

Just change the design a bit and the names and there you go. I like making up my own guns.

Flag Post

Why don’t you remake with just a reskin and other names? It was such an awsome game :(

It’s no waste, as I said earlier, this was a hobby, not for fame or money, and I’ve achieved too much fame now…

Flag Post

Who are you?

Flag Post

The one who got in trouble with activision…

Flag Post

It’s no waste, as I said earlier, this was a hobby, not for fame or money, and I’ve achieved too much fame now…

Still, why waste six months when you could just change a few things and the game is legal? Come on, it’s not that hard. Just rename some stuff, take out the illegal music, change a few things, and you have a perfectly good game.

Flag Post

And I’m looking forward to be sued by the U.S. Army for the Army Ranger design .

You’re joking, right? They would really sue you for that? Copyrights have gotten out of hand…

Remove the illegal music, rename some guns (ie; instead of “Ray Gun” name it “Alien Pistol” or something like that), hopefully avoid copyright shitstorm.
Didn’t Treyarch rip off your “Call of the Dead” anyway? D:

Flag Post

Still, why waste six months when you could just change a few things and the game is legal? Come on, it’s not that hard. Just rename some stuff, take out the illegal music, change a few things, and you have a perfectly good game.

“Accordingly, demand hereby is made that you immediately cease and desist from further manufacture, distribution or sale of the Games.” This is what they told me to, and thats what I’m going to do…

Flag Post

“Accordingly, demand hereby is made that you immediately cease and desist from further manufacture, distribution or sale of the Games.” This is what they told me to, and thats what I’m going to do…

Okay, someone needs to pimp slap some sense into Activision, you weren’t making money off of it, right?

For Christ sake, if I was in charge of a corporation like that, I would see a game like this as a complement.

I will lie in wait, hoping for a miracle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AvalancheO:

Okay, someone needs to pimp slap some sense into Activision, you weren’t making money off of it, right?

For Christ sake, if I was in charge of a corporation like that, I would see a game like this as a complement.

I will lie in wait, hoping for a miracle.

Who knows, maybe they’ll we can get into an agreement, so I can use their copyrighted stuff, as long I use a activision preloader.

Flag Post

Make a blog about what happened, but write it from the PoV of some random person who isn’t involved. (writing it from your point of view would make it look like a butthurt rant. Writing from a fan’s PoV makes it look like it was written by a fanboy, so it would be ignored)

Include what Activision said about owning the concept of boarding up windows.

Make accounts on random videogame discussion forums. Make sure none of them are the same and also none of them are similar to your username. BROTIP: get some friends to help you for MAXIMUM SPAMMING

Make a thread about the blog entry. Be sure to write separate OP’s for every post.

Watch as more and more people see Activision’s dickishness

LOL as Activision gets bad reputation for picking on flash devs

Flag Post

Or get busted and end up as a moneyless guy, who had to sell his pants to pay for the lawyer…

Flag Post

Or get busted and end up as a moneyless guy, who had to sell his pants to pay for the lawyer…

what will they sue you for?

i mean, unless they made you sign a contract that says that you can’t post their reasons for taking down the game, they can’t sue you for anything.

Flag Post

I don’t blame Activision for their actions. It was illegal. But why waste all that time you spent when you can just fix a few things? And Avalanche, he was making money off it through ad revenue.

Flag Post

I don’t blame Activision for their actions. It was illegal. But why waste all that time you spent when you can just fix a few things? And Avalanche, he was making money off it through ad revenue.

Nope, I did never take the money, so when the game got removed, money was gone…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Private_Pigface:

what will they sue you for?

i mean, unless they made you sign a contract that says that you can’t post their reasons for taking down the game, they can’t sue you for anything.

They could have sued me for the game, and it’s still loads of pirate copies out there, that I’m not able to get away, they can always sue me for that games if I hurt their reputation… I guess…

Flag Post

Nope, I did never take the money, so when the game got removed, money was gone…

But still you were generating income. :P

Flag Post

Yeah, you’re right…

Flag Post

Yeah, you’re right…

stop using ellipses…

it… is… annoying…