Ideas for Amorphous+ 2

170 posts

Flag Post

Basically, i was playing Amorphous+ (which i suck at, but is a damn good game) and i thought “Hey, i wonder if they’re making a secong one!” and this of course, lead to me making this topic. I’m gonna be adding some of my own suggestions along they way, so please tell me what you think!

So feel free to post your own ideas of what Amorphous+ 2 could be like. But please dont insult other people’s ideas, they may think that would be good in a game even if you don’t.

I think that an experience-based system would be good. For example, killing different types of glooples gets you different amounts of EXP, or money or something, which you then use to buy things at the reward store. Also, getting awards along the way could also give you various amounts of EXP/money. Whaddya think?

Flag Post

Maybe an assault rifle as a reward, that would be awesome.

Flag Post

I also think maybe better weapons (kinda like the assault rifle) would be good.
*Original Sword,
*Axe, can be thrown, but needs to be retrieved,
*Katana (ninja sword type thing) Can pierce through defences like sharps, or has an attack power of 2 (equivalent to 2 attacks from the original sword)
*Assault Rifle, shoots glooples down,
*Laser Sword, pierces and has higher attack power
*Rocket launcher, fire rockets (surprisingly) at glooples, but can kill you if you are within explosion range,
*some kind of almighty sword, possibly from killing a new kind of razor queen or something. Has amazing attack power,
*a trivial thing, maybe like a rubber chicken, that turns the glooples that you hit into mini chickens, just for fun =]

Flag Post

More Gloople + Gloople monsters!

Grider + Grider = Armageddon ect.
Also i want more game modes and MEDALS!

Flag Post

Ranged weps that you can control would ruin the game.

Flag Post

Not if they had limited ammo.

Flag Post

my list of things

monsters

queen + void eater = void queen (3 hits to kill) fires bugs

gray + meltie = toxico (2 hits to kill) just like gray apart from you cant touch him

NEW -- = opieum (1 hit to kill) hollow and killed from behide

gloppie + biter = bitie (3 hits to kill) bumps you then eats you

NEW -- lasie (5 hits to kill) a hard laser turrent

torchie + frostie = elimentie (3 hits to kill) cold blast

torchie X 2 = inferno (3 hits to kill) big torchie

frostie X 2 = blizzard (3 hits to kill) big frostie

NEW -- king (3 hits to kill) queen but a boy

NEW -- razor king (7 hits to kill) strong!

king + void eater = void king (5 hits to kill) killer!

NEW -- shadow (2 hits to kill) can dissapear from time to time

shadow X 2 = nightmare (4 hits to kill) painful!

horror + nightmare = doom (5 hits to kill) very deadly!

sharp + grinder = spicky (3 hits to kill) hit into hazzard when spikes are down

king + queen = overlord (10 hits to kill) is it a boy or a girl

sword

normal 1 damage

shadow blade 2 damage (unlocked after done huge nest)

holy kantana 3 damage (unlocked after you do 90% of the awards)

ultra sword 3 damage + 50% more range (unlocked after finishing bestary + 50% awards + 5 mins on fast bonty run)

added awards

splat new type of gloopie

" " more times

survive cold blast get all swords

Flag Post

I think It would be cool if the map scrolled when you walk near the edge of the screen. And if the levels had walls and stuff. How cool would it be to fight glooples in a complex tunnel system? Or on the streets of a large city? And a level editor would be nice too.

Flag Post

Yeah, new modes would be good, like survival mode, or something, maybe even a story line mode.

i suppose more combination monsters would be cool too.

Flag Post

I’m not too big on giving new weapons that do more damage or whatever because to me half the cool factor of the hard blobs.. are that they’re.. well. hard. killing them in 1 or 2 shots would take away from that imo. Not to insult, just my opinion.

I do think an experience/upgrade system would be good. Probably not so good that your damage doubles and you can shoot with a machine gun or whatever. But somtehing like per level up you can upgrade your swing cooldown speed, or your “oops I got bumped” stun speed, or your move speed.. little basic things like that. Possibly your own little “hazsuit” healthbar that doesn’t last nearly as long (and will deplete if you get bumped by an acid mob, but you could possibly step in acid for a blink of an eye and not get owned if you’re quick and run out right away). I’m suggesting the hazsuit healthbar thing as a level up reward btw, not a free thing.

I also would like the play area to be larger, mostly so that there is enough room to seperate the “enemy spawns here” area from the “edge of the map” area.

To me, the game can just get too damn frusterating when you’re at the edge of a map chasing down clutter spawns, you swing your sword to kill em, only to have a grinder spawn RIGHT there, stun you for hitting it, and roll you over.. I’ve had bs happen like that so many times. Chase a clutter to the edge, finish it with a swing, torchie spawns there OH ##. Now bad luck happens, but when doing a record good bounty run, or almost finished a huge single nest, it just really makes you want to screem when this happens multiple times in a row.

Infact just yesterday I was running around trying to deal with an amalgram without getting myself owned, when a torchie spawns. so I sidestep it and let it fly past me, only to fly straight into an oily that jus tspawned right where the torchie was going. there was nothing I could do. I had the game paused even, analysing the situation.. I’m like.. ugh.. if I move up.. torchie still curves that way to inkie.. if I move down… screw it. no matter what way I move, that torchie WILL run into the inkie.. my best bet is to move away from the inkie.. straight into the amalgram. oh well, maybe I’ll just barely miss it.

I don’t know if I could have dodged the amalgram or not, but the inkie still killed me via massive torchie explosion. I just quit then.

Sorry for the big whine. It’s the single largest beef I have with the game, which I really love otherwise.

As for “more stuff” yeah that would be cool, I personally would enjoy seeing new gloopies more than new items or weapons or whatever…. with new entertaining ways to die lol.

Flag Post

A HUGE amount of medals and rewards so there is so much to choose from.

Some Reward Ideas:

Time bubble: (placed down like the repulser, lasts three times as long, slows any glooples that go into it like sticky goo, glooples immune to sticky goo are affected by this but you arn’t. Also, glooples ALREADY covered in sticky goo SPEED UP instead)

Sonic burst: (confuses glooples, they make random direction changes, attack each other or even have behavior changes like grinders steer AWAY from you)

Phase suit: (Can’t be bumped into unless it will kill you, A biter could pounce onto you but an inky would go straight through you)

Inhibiter MK2: (glooples can only enter from the left and right of the screen but not the top or bottom)

Acid bomb: (through like a grenade and leaves a pool of acid that lasts 20 times longer than normal)

And a challenge mode with different challenges to do and unlock by completing other challenges would be good.

Challenge level ideas:

Rock slide: (A level with only grinders, kill 10 to win)

Synergy: (A level with only basic green glooples but the rate at which they merge together is very high)

Monarchy: (fight two queens at once)

Clean up on isle three: (kill 100 glooples while the ground is permanantly covered with sticky goo)

Flag Post

bq.To me, the game can just get too damn frusterating when you’re at the edge of a map chasing down clutter spawns, you swing your sword to kill em, only to have a grinder spawn RIGHT there, stun you for hitting it, and roll you over.. I’ve had bs happen like that so many times. Chase a clutter to the edge, finish it with a swing, torchie spawns there OH ##. Now bad luck happens, but when doing a record good bounty run, or almost finished a huge single nest, it just really makes you want to screem when this happens multiple times in a row.

I agree with you Ghalion, as i hate it when you finally kill a grinder by chasing it to the edge, and having a torchy, frosty, or anything deadly spawn right next to you. This could be solved with portals in the level which the glooples spawn from, so that you can be ready when they come and are not taken by surprise.

But i think new weapons would be a good idea, as long as they weren’t overly powerful. Of coarse, this would also bring in the need for new, harder enemies, which i think you’d find better.

And the possibility of new areas would be good, aswell as things like maybe worlds, with each one containing different types of glooples, and then the final stage containing all of them. For example, a forest, an ancient ruin, a lake or ocean, and then a final place like a portal from the gloople world from which they are all coming from (please tell me if this sounds a little cheesy).

Flag Post

A XP system would be neat, with every level the sword size could increase a little or something. Also you could spend XP points on passive feats that would give you minor advantages. Some ideas would be

Duck and Cover – Gives the player a 20% chance to completely avoid an explosion

I’m the Juggernaut – Gives the player a 10% to destroy a Grinder upon contact

Blind Luck – Blackout duration is shortened by 1 second

High Heels – Sticky Goo duration is shortened by 1 second

Basically feats would not be gamechanging stuff like the rewards, instead they’re just a fun collection of luck based abilities and minor player enhancements.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3/topics/16104?page=1 i dont mind you making another thread about this but ive already done it

Flag Post

Sorry Sikesalicous, i didn’t know you already had a thread like this. Well, i suppose that just means even more people are wanting to see Amorphous+ 2 out, which i suppose is a good thing, right?

Flag Post

My monster ideas.

Grinder + Grinder = Armagddon: This guy is evil, he will shoot mini-grinders all around the place and try crush you with brutal power. Takes 3 hits to kill.

Inkie + biter = Blider: This guy shoots small balls of inkie bliding petrol and try kill you with biter style. Takes 1 hit to kill.

Inkie + Inkie = Speedy: This guy is freaking crazu killingmachine!!!!! It will go FAST and melts down EVERYTHING on it’s way. Takes 1 hit to kill but be damn careful with this guy.

Flag Post

i think they need something like a chart that says what killed you the most, and what hit you the most.

Flag Post

Needs say 5 basic glooples but any gloople can combine with any other to make some awesome combinations and some 2nd levels can combine too, as well as a few 3rd levels combining.

Flag Post

amorphous+ is amorphous 2 i heard (amorphous and amorphous+) so it should be called amorphous++

btw, your ideas are retarted and amorphous++ may never come out

Flag Post

^ its not like your ideas are much better…

Razor king=takes 10 hits to kill, is a bit faster than razor queen, and is bigger.

i like the exp idea that would be pretty cool if when you got to a certain level you could have an extra life or something of the sort.

i know this is gonna sound stupid but i think it could be a good idea if it was like multiplayer or something.

Flag Post

u should be able to make ur own character

like armor,weps,ect..

but an idea for a sword is soul calibur from soulcalibur 4 and soul edge

Flag Post

2 player mode!

Flag Post

First of alll anyone who says are ideas are retarded or that this is a stupid thread is encouraged to try and come up with something better so we can all talk about how your ideas are retarded. Anyone who is just voicing that they think that idea might not work out or something are not included in that group because that is there respestive opininions and are not rude in any way.

Now i think that more complex maps would be a good idea because just the regular map gets boring after a while. Like add walls or something and maybe a level editor. I also think that there should be two swords like the first game (im not counting amorphous only amorphous+) the second you get by killing a super tough enemy. Finally here are some new enemie ideas because my favorite part of the game is finding and killing new enemies.

Shade-A regular enemy.(1 hit) can dash across large distances at you and is only vounerable after a dash. It should be collored black and maybe have red eyes that leave those lines behind when they move like motion blur, its kind of hard to explain so if anyone knows what im talking about please tell everyone else for me.

Leapie-A regular enemy.(2 hits) crawls slowly along the floor and leaps toward the screen every five seconds and you can tell where it lands by its shadow. It should have one leg that looks like one on a void and maybe be maroon or something.

Wraith-Shade + Leapie.(3 hits) It is like a leapie but when it lands it dashes after you making it alot harder. It should like a leapie but darker shade of red wich is kinda hard cause maroon is pretty dark with the red eyes from the shade.

Spinie-Regular enemy.(1 hit) It spins around and then stops and shoots lazers out of one of six stubs. I really dont care how this one looks but it needs six stubs so you know where the lazers come out of.

Larva Queen-Regular enemie.(4 hits) It has wings so it can fly it shoots spines and acid at you from the air. It lands to slam its head into the ground that stuns anything around it. Only voulnerable when it land and lays eggs. But you also have to smash the eggs or before long they hatch mini larve queens that cant fly and die in one hit but can still spit acid. It should be blue with four insect looking wings and the back end should be biger than the rest of it cause thats where she makes the eggs. It should also have pincers.

As for a game “boss” i agree with some people that there should be a razor king.

Flag Post

amorphous+ is amorphous 2 i heard (amorphous and amorphous+) so it should be called amorphous++

btw, your ideas are retarted and amorphous++ may never come out

they shud do the same thing with N+ lol

Flag Post

innocuous games posted something about a sequel on the 2nd page of my amorphous+ forum if any of you are interested follow the link a few posts up.