Multi Player Desktop Tower Defense - Your tips, mazes ETC.

8 posts

Flag Post

Here you can share your tips and mazes for MPDTD. As a reminder – MPDTD isn’t played on Kongregate, but on Casual Collective, an invite only site. to get invite, go to this thread:
http://kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/1576

First tip – Juggling is usually bad. Juggling means more time to kill, and that’s exactly what you don’t want to happen.

I currently use a maze with 16 towers only for normal mode, but it isn’t good because i usually die after some time. Please share your mazes, and also give us a video of it if you have one.

Flag Post

I usually play randomiser, so my maze is different every time. My biggest tip for anyone would be, put a storm tower in the middle of the map during the game. On the air bosses you need either another one or some freeze towers to slow them down.

Flag Post

If you’re winning, sell your quake/whatever tower before flying creeps and make a storm tower (or more), and sell after and rebuild quake/whatever tower. yay!

And juggle if a creep is going to pass, it shouldn’t be hard to find a way to make the creeps go back through bashes (remember to fix the maze after)

Flag Post

Nabb, that only works for arcade mode.. cuz if not arcade you wont get the full refund for selling.

Flag Post

It’s always arcade mode though..

Flag Post

1. Fastest kills win— Always put your best towers at the front of your maze. You want to kill all the monsters as quickly as possible (which isn’t as important in single-player). The reason is that you get bonus points added to your score if you’re the first one to finish a round, and also the monsters start as soon as the fastest player finishes the round— meaning other players will get the next wave’s monsters added to their current wave.

2. Buy and sell air towers— if you need them, buy air towers when an air level starts and sell them when it’s over. There is no penalty in multiplayer for selling towers.

3. Use SuperPowers to quickly eliminate another player— in SuperPowers games, a well-timed combo of powers can take out a player entirely, especially if they have not enough points to use (12) for the “Nuke” power to save them (or Defend, but once the 40 seconds are up, you can restart your attack). Here’s what I do: the Silence power two or three times in a row at the start of an Air level, coupled with a Gold Lock so that they can’t build new towers to counter it. At that point, the only way for your opponent to survive would be to use a Nuke. Don’t try this attack until you have 20 to 30 (or more) points. You can watch the player’s name-area to see when your attacks wear out (for things like Silence that last 10 secs), at which point you should re-new your attack.

Flag Post

I prefer using nukes on the level 28, 35, 42 and 49 levels so I don’t have to worry about air. Plus if you nuke 49 you get a good headstart on level 50, which can be crucial.

Flag Post

Except in hard mode in which you nuke 60 :P