Medieval Character Maker ScreenShots! page 5

198 posts

Flag Post

I hadn’t noticed the new skill system, so I went to check it out and saw that my previous skills (That have no place in the current skill system) were still listed in my skill slots. Being lazy and not removing them entirely from the coding, hmm? :P

Also, with the addition of melee hit FX I noticed just how stiff it all is. Magic is alright, but close-range combat feels like “Now, do this swinging animation” rather than “swing my weapon to hit my (imaginary) opponent”. You should look into that before making active melee combat relevant in your character creator. And if you still, somehow, have some time to spare, more clothing options would be nice (armored skirts please?)

Flag Post

My glitchy character (posted the glitch on your profile)

Flag Post

Mythrrinthael, everytime I remove something from the game, unless you ResetData they will remain on the game’s database.

The coding just retrieve whatever is in it so, you have a set of skill that wont do anything once the gameplay is ready.

So what you think I should do with the melee system? I wanted to add visual feedback to it and to physical ranged weapons in order to make them more visually appealing near magic casters.

I’ve tried to add trail to melee weapons but it didn’t turned out that good. It’s still in prototype phase but it would be nice if you gave me some suggestions.

How would you give visual feedback to melee/ranged weapons? You rather the old system without any impact on hit?

Thx for feedbacking once again!

P.S.: I saw the glitch you’ve posted will and it will be fixed in the next release! Thx for warning me! =D

P.S.2: Mythrrinthael, what you mean with armored skirts? Isnt will’s character above already using one? Thx!

Flag Post

If you’re really busy/don’t feel like doing this/I’m asking something impossible from you please tell me; I don’t want to take your enthusiams out of the game. You’ve come quite far with this project and you should be proud. I’m about to go and ruin your day with a giant wall of text, so buckle up:

‘Everytime I remove something from the game, unless you ResetData they will remain on the game’s database.
The coding just retrieve whatever is in it so, you have a set of skill that wont do anything once the gameplay is ready’

I’m learning something new everyday!

_’So what you think I should do with the melee system? I wanted to add visual feedback to it and to physical ranged weapons in order to make them more visually appealing near magic casters.

I’ve tried to add trail to melee weapons but it didn’t turned out that good. It’s still in prototype phase but it would be nice if you gave me some suggestions.

How would you give visual feedback to melee/ranged weapons? You rather the old system without any impact on hit?’_

Now this is hard to explain: I very much like that you added physical effects. That wasn’t what I was providing constructive feedback about, because you already did a fantastic job on that.

My problem lies with the animations, the movement (or lack thereof, actually). The characters swing a weapon while standing completely still. This makes physical combat feel unsatisfying.

I’m not sure to what degree you can (more importantly: want to) change the weapon swinging animations on the characters. If you do, please take a look at some videos on medieval fighting styles. NO YOU DON’T HAVE TO COPY IT DIRECTLY OR EVEN MOSTLY, THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE AND UNREASONABLE OF ME TO SUGGEST, but it would give you an idea of how actual armed combat works (Like, shifting your feet to a wide stance, which lowets your point of balance before swinging a 20-pound warhammer). Some subtle changes could go a long way.

If you don’t have the time to look up some videos, tell me and I’ll look for some. Even then, all that I suggest is that you animate the legs and feet as well. It makes combat look like combat.

As for what I meant with armoured skirts: Will174392 doesn’t wear an armoured skirt, but an armoured belt. Imagine the skirt my character somewhere on the previous pages wears, only it stops at the knees and has plate armour on the hips and abdomen. Also, the plates on the hips go down to the sides of the knees. Under the skirt, chainmail is worn but you shouldn’t be able to see that often anyway. I’d like to provide pictures but the internet is perverted so I could only find pictures of women in steel bikini’s ):

Lastly, if you haven’t already thrown something into your monitor at this point: You can also ignore everything I posted here and keep going. I’m just suggesting refinements as a selfish, personal fashion request. You’re working hard I’m sure, and I’d hate to make you feel depressed.

Flag Post

Mythrrinthael, if every user feedbacked me like you do, it would be a dream come true!

Thx a lot for your detailed post!

About the animations, I use separated animations for lower and upper members, I havent noticed how bad they look when you hit standing still cause i was aiming to make a very movement based combat, as you wont have any “miss” or “block” comming from the character head.

About the skirts I’ll try to look for them but I wont promise adding any more customization till the multiplayer is ready.

Thx a lot for speaking your mind and supporting the project, and don’t worry you don’t depress me friend, in fact you are boosting me up! =D

P.S.: After you told me about the combat FX I revised it cause it really looked LAME, have you checked out the new FX? I even added a blood prototype simulation when you hit the ragdoll! =D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ViniciusSanctus:

Mythrrinthael, if every user feedbacked me like you do, it would be a dream come true!

Thx a lot for your detailed post!

About the animations, I use separated animations for lower and upper members, I havent noticed how bad they look when you hit standing still cause i was aiming to make a very movement based combat, as you wont have any “miss” or “block” comming from the character head.

About the skirts I’ll try to look for them but I wont promise adding any more customization till the multiplayer is ready.

Thx a lot for speaking your mind and supporting the project, and don’t worry you don’t depress me friend, in fact you are boosting me up! =D

P.S.: After you told me about the combat FX I revised it cause it really looked LAME, have you checked out the new FX? I even added a blood prototype simulation when you hit the ragdoll! =D

I’m glad that you appreciate my thoroughness, because your game certainly doesn’t; My character is stuck (walking animation works, I’m just not actually moving) and she cannot use her spells either :(. What could be the problem?

Flag Post

That was a minor bug I missed while fixing the single weapon bug. That used to happen when you had chosen only one weapon, accidentally I transfered it to all magic users! =D

Thx for feedbacking It’s been fixed already!

Any other suggestions, bug reporting or anything feel free to tell me! =D

Flag Post

Vvlore there will end up being the one I usually use. You might note; he has no skills for anything other then magic. This is because he literally ONLY uses Magic. Electric and Darkness.
See, Vvlore is an Archmage. Rather old, too; somewhere around 1,000 years, but still surprisingly alive, thanks to the fact that most of those years were lost travelling the planes. He’s split into two different entities; Dezeroth, the human host and the will behind what keeps him from becoming a power of evil in the world, and Shanias, who doesn’t really care about what happens around him, and is only working on gaining enough power to become his own person again. Together, their personalities slowly forged into one, until they became the being known as Vvlore.

I’ll play Jaymes occasionally, for the flavor and flexibility he gives.
Jaymes is the apprentice of Vvlore. Originally a simple street Urchin, the Mage noticed that the child had an unusual capacity for Magic..And specifically, for Vvlores specialty, Energy. Since then, the boy, now a grown man, has followed the Archmage, having at some point gained the snow-white hair that comes with regular use of the mans particular technique. Unlike his Master, however, he picked up the art of the Katana, learning eventually how to dual-wield them, despite having to overcome the hurdle of the Katanas own design. However, this created the unorthodox technique he uses now, which requires the second to be held in a reverse style.

Don’t plan on playing this one much at all, unless I want to support someone without ever playing as Vvlore or Jaymes.
The standard Guard in the city, he isn’t very unique, and generally isn’t worth noting.

Flag Post

Also, some aesthetic notes:
The dual-Reverse and Normal combat looks unnatural, and doesn’t allow for the fluidity that would be stylized in that kind of loadout. A good thing to do would be to have the Reverse-arm move back while the normal-arm slashes, then, once the normal-arm is done slashing, have the Reverse-arm attack. The wrist should rotate slightly, making a sort of twisting motion which would have the blade further slash out at the opponent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

This was actually pretty fun! Really good graphics

Wait, what?

Flag Post

Thx for posting your character Eddren! Awesome background for them, but the pics are really tiny and i can barely see them! =(

About the reversed stances, I’ve noticed that issue too, and unfortunatelly I’m planning on only allowing reversed/reversed or normal/normal kind of duals, at least for now.

Thx for feedbacking and supporting! =D

Flag Post

Sorry ’bout that, imagine my surprise when all of the pictures turned out to be super, super tiny. 0.o

Flag Post

Don’t worry! If you can post then regular size for me and the whole community to enjoy your creation, I would be most thankfull! =D

Flag Post

Well, everything’s functional again. Though, did you know that projectile spells’ line of fire doesn’t line up with the targeting pentagram? They lean to the upper-right after being fired. Is that intentional?

Flag Post

I do have a problem with the aiming system due projectiles trajetory.

Even stright up projectiles arent going to the aim center depending on the distance.

I’m thiking about either trying to fix it somehow or removing it from both magic and ranged, I do accept suggestions! =D

Thx for feedbacking once again! =D

Flag Post

I do have a problem with the aiming system due projectiles trajetory.

Even stright up projectiles arent going to the aim center depending on the distance.

I’m thiking about either trying to fix it somehow or removing it from both magic and ranged, I do accept suggestions! =D

Thx for feedbacking once again! =D

Open the image in a new tab; The projectile trajectory isn’t that much off-centre as much as the pentagram is. I understand this might be because of the “over your shoulder” camera distorting one’s view of what the centre of the screen actually is, because when you enter that mode the camera slightly lowers and slightly shifts to the left. This might, if you’re lucky, be fixable by simply moving the pentagram to the upper-right a tad bit, but you’d need to tweak the projectile trajectory a little as well.

Flag Post

Thx a lor for your help friend! I will try to improve the aiming system! Im just affraid of the distance issue cause the projectile is comming from the source (Characters hands or weapon) to the center of the camera, so it bend upwards even if i set its trajetory to go straigtht.

I’m really glad your trying to help, but I cant promise to improve it right now since everyone is very eager to see the actual gameplay.

But after it’s done I promise to try and fix this!

Hugs and thx a lot for helping and for feedbacking as usual my dear friend! =D

Flag Post

I don’t mind that you’re putting gameplay ahead of everything else, seeing as you’ll get back to bugfixing at some point. I figured I could list a few things for you to get back to later. Meanwhile, you should just make sure that more people at least get a taste of what your game could become.

Flag Post

Indeed my friend Mythrrinthael .

I’m focusing in dogding personal issues and implementing as much as I can on the multiplayer arena.

Not done as much as I wanted to, and I’ll only release it once it’s completely functional.

Thx for helping as usual! =D

Flag Post

Luminaire again just changed a few things :)

P.S. I’m fine with people playing as him if they want. :P

Flag Post

I present you guys the first NPC prototype!

It only looks at you when you come closer and bleed when you hit him so far, but I’l improve him as soon as I can! =D

Flag Post

I present you guys the first NPC prototype!

It only looks at you when you come closer and bleed when you hit him so far, but I’l improve him as soon as I can! =D

He dosent burn when i hit him with fire?

Work on this now :C

Flag Post

FIXED! =D

You can now “hurt” your friend NPC with any ranged weapons! =D

Flag Post

You’ve done great so far. All I can point out is that the “bleeding” FX looks more like red, fuzzy, floaty balls than actual blood. Maybe you need to use sharper textures on the blood FX? Or at least try to make them less “floaty”. After all, blood contains plasma, red cells, white cells and more; it’s a heavy liquid substance!

Flag Post

Roger that Mythrrinthael!

I’ll try to make them look more realistic as soon as I can! =D

Thx once again for supporting and feedbacking! =D

P.S.: NPC is now killable! =D