PC Vs. Console Gaming

37 posts

Flag Post

I believe that they both hav their ups and downs. I love PC gaming because of the fact of the variety yet specificity to their servers. I like the face I canchoose what an where I want to play. But with console gaming, I love the competitive yet friendly side, along with the little bit of shot talk every now And again. What’s your side? PC? Console? Or both?

Flag Post

Since I’ve never really owned very many consoles, PC gaming all the waaaay. :3
Most of the great games out there can be played on the PC too, like Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead.
(and let’s not forget Starcraft 2)

Flag Post

Fallout and L4D are on consoles as well. I like PC due to the graphic enhancements you can do, without risking of ruining your system.

Flag Post

PC wins hands down.

Unless you’re poor; in which case consoles win.

Flag Post

Also, mouse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> joystick, you can attach one to your PC if you’re retarded and prefer a joystick anyways

Flag Post

Yeah. That minicartoon was rather funny, yet so true. I like PC because I have been playing it longer. But as I stated; I like both equally.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drexxo:
I like the face I canchoose what an where I want to play.

Now, you’re referring to PC gaming with this quote, and I entirely disagree on this point. With a laptop, sure. With a console? Easily. Basically everyone has a couple televisions around the house. If we 4 want to PC game at a party house, we’d all need to bring all of our own everything, whereas, for example, all I need to do is easily carry my one console and hook it up to anyone’s TV. Simple, easy, quick, efficient, etc. It’s also a Hell of a lot cheaper in almost every case. We only need one game and 4 controllers rather than 4 separate games, four separate computers, 4 separate plugs in walls, etc.

I see the perks and likes of PC gaming, don’t get me wrong. However 9 times out of 10, local co-op is far more important and useful to me than online capability or a deep storyline or graphics or whatever. Consoles allow great local co-op potential, which is why I choose them. However, ever since online multiplayer became so “needed” in today’s day and world, the capacity for local co-op has fallen under the wheels of the bus. It’s a sad, sad world. There are rare exceptions to this, just like the movie video game concept.

tl;dr: Console

Flag Post

In the intrest of starting rage; Mac!

Flag Post

SicMirx, you need to, like, not post on the forums for a bit so I can post stuff and then we can go back to the old days where you agreed with me instead of vice versa.

SicMirx said what I wanted to say. Haha. I’ll toss into the mix, “Rock Band”, as in I really, really like Rock Band and can’t find a good similarity on PC. If I’m looking for something a bit more competitive, I jump onto the PC, since that seems to be where that happens a lot. (LoL, Bloodline Champions, etc.) But console has its own perks, like easy co-op and no big worry about “can I run this” or “what needs to be upgraded”. I can just pop in the game and go. I also get frustrated in PC game forums when people complain about jagged edges or something. So trivial.

For me, it depends on my mood, I guess. Both are nice, neither is great. It’s all down to the game itself, and what provides better co-op or conversation. DLC plays a minor role I guess, but then again, add-ons in most games seem so unnecessary that I rarely go beyond new suits (omnomnomNinjaGaiden2Biometal) or songs in Rock Band 3 (somanysongstochoosefrom). On the PC side, aside from cosmetic/animation fixes, either I find I don’t need anything, or the game was unsalvageable to begin with (Oblivion).

Flag Post

I’m a PC guy, it’s just a better community. All the mods and variety are just great.

Plus I love Counter-Strike

Flag Post

Sic.. I meant by choosing maps and such.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Deriaz:

SicMirx, you need to, like, not post on the forums for a bit so I can post stuff and then we can go back to the old days where you agreed with me instead of vice versa.

Ah, the good old days. *tears up* Way to make me feel even older.

Originally posted by Drexxo:

Sic.. I meant by choosing maps and such.

Aha. I thought you meant the actual hard setting of the gaming going on.

Living room, dawn, day 418 of the Sera calender, year 412. >.>

Flag Post

I like PC gaming better. It gives me more options, more play with what you can do. where a console game is limited to how many buttons you can put on a controller, PCs have the option of 75+ keys, plus combinations

Flag Post

I prefer console gaming. Since it’s cheaper and much more easier to play on. I look at consoles as something for gaming and I look at computers as something that gives you Internet access. I don’t want to have to purchase games, a mouse and other things so that I’m able to play on my computer. I’d rather play on consoles since I can play with most of my friends that way. And most of them do play games on their consoles rather than their computer.

Also, I’m on a laptop, and it wasn’t created for gaming. If I attempted to play PC games on my computer then it would go slower. So that means that I would have to go out and purchase a computer that was designed for gaming. I’d rather purchase a console and games for it because it’s cheaper and more efficient.

Flag Post

I played an indie game on XBox 360 yesterday.
Who ever said that PC gaming is dead…

Flag Post

There’s nothing a console can do that a PC can’t… If you can afford it. The PC is better, it’s just more expensive.

And, console online play is full of imbeciles; even moreso than PC. 3:

Flag Post

Consoles for RPGs. PC for everything including RPGs.

Flag Post

I believe that Consoles are better for gameplaying and everything else
PC is only for Minecraft . . . ONLY FOR MINECRAFT!

Flag Post

Since it’s cheaper and much more easier to play on.

Hm, I think it’s funner to play in the PC, but it might be more harder xDDD

I look at computers as something that gives you Internet access.

Isn’t that the best thing ever? I can play all the games I want and even awesome games from old consoles in my pc and talk to my friends on Messenger or stop a little bit to post here, check Tumblr, check a video on YT, look up information on Gamefaqs and much, much more.

I don’t want to have to purchase games, a mouse and other things so that I’m able to play on my computer.

But you want to purchase a whole console, controllers AND have to go to Gamestop to buy games? What?
1. Buying games for PC takes two or three clicks, while buying a game for a console takes a goddamn trip to Gamestop. You defeated your own point.
2. Trackpads suck, so even if you weren’t a gamer you should buy a proper mouse.

I’d rather play on consoles since I can play with most of my friends that way.

The only good point you made, but it’s completely subjective, yes.

So that means that I would have to go out and purchase a computer that was designed for gaming.

Scenario 1: You’d just have to buy some parts, which would come cheaper than buying a whole console with controllers.
Scenario 2: You’d have to buy a whole new computer, which would be more expensive, but then we could use that retarded line of thought and say you’d have to buy a new HDTV to play Xbox 360, which would make console gaming more expensive.

Flag Post

I think it’s funner to play in the PC, but it might be more harder

I’ve played a few games on a PC, it was difficult.

Isn’t that the best thing ever? I can play all the games I want and even awesome games from old consoles in my pc and talk to my friends on Messenger or stop a little bit to post here, check Tumblr, check a video on YT, look up information on Gamefaqs and much, much more.

That’s a good thing, but I could just turn to my right and play on my console, then turn back to my left to my computer.

Buying games for PC takes two or three clicks, while buying a game for a console takes a goddamn trip to Gamestop.

That’s no problem for me, GameStop is a two minute drive from my house. And I already have a console, so I would just purchase more games, instead of going out to get all these other things just so I can play games on the computer.

Trackpads suck, so even if you weren’t a gamer you should buy a proper mouse.

Your opinion on them. Trackpads work fine for me.

You’d just have to buy some parts, which would come cheaper than buying a whole console with controllers.

That would mean that I would have to travel a few more miles to get some computer parts, when I could just go to GameStop that’s only a two minute drive and I can get games.

You’d have to buy a whole new computer, which would be more expensive, but then we could use that retarded line of thought and say you’d have to buy a new HDTV to play Xbox 360, which would make console gaming more expensive.

HDMI cables don’t cost much, I could get those and put them on my television instead of getting a new TV. It won’t make console gaming more expensive.

Flag Post

I’ve played a few games on a PC, it was difficult.

I was making fun of your ridiculous grammar.

That’s no problem for me, GameStop is a two minute drive from my house.

Weren’t you the one complaining that you’d have to go and buy some games? I didn’t even make sense seeing as no one buys PC games that aren’t bought online anymore.

And I already have a console, so I would just purchase more games, instead of going out to get all these other things just so I can play games on the computer.

If you sold it you’d be able to have an awesome computer + internet + more games

Your opinion on them. Trackpads work fine for me.

Works fine != Best option
Mouses are objectively better.

That would mean that I would have to travel a few more miles to get some computer parts

But that would be a one-time investiment, while you’d have to travel to GameStop whenever you wanted to buy a shitty game.

HDMI cables don’t cost much, I could get those and put them on my television instead of getting a new TV.

Hummm, do you even know how TV works? HDMI cables do not suddenly make your TV HD, it has to has support for HD already and THEN you’d need an HDMI. So you mentioning HDMI cables makes it even more expensive.

Flag Post

I was making fun of your ridiculous grammar.

Ah, I see. So desperate to attempt to troll you take one word out of context.

in my pc

Have fun playing in your computer.

Weren’t you the one complaining that you’d have to go and buy some games?

Re-read my post. I said that I would have to go out and purchase a new computer, or rather, computer parts so that I can play games on the computer. When I could just go get some games for my console, that would be cheaper and easier.

If you sold it you’d be able to have an awesome computer + internet + more games

Looks like you can’t read correctly. I like to play games online with my friends, so the console is better for that.

while you’d have to travel to GameStop whenever you wanted to buy a shitty game.

Those same games are available on computers.

HDMI cables do not suddenly make your TV HD, it has to has support for HD already and THEN you’d need an HDMI. So you mentioning HDMI cables makes it even more expensive.

Who’s to say that I don’t already own an HD TV?

Let me make this easier for you to understand. Console gaming – easier for me to play, I can play with my friends, cheaper, more convenient. Computer gaming – might have better graphics, from what I’ve heard. But that doesn’t matter to me much, I prefer gameplay over scenery. It’s easier for some people that already have all the things that they need to play on their computer, but difficult for people that don’t.

You can’t force your opinion onto another individual when the other person prefers something that’s better to them. It’s like me trying to convert you to console gaming when you prefer computer gaming.

Flag Post

I like both of these

Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

PC wins hands down.

Have you ever tried call of duty or left for dead i suppose no

Consols over heat quicker tho

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

PC wins hands down.

Have you ever tried call of duty or left for dead i suppose no

Flag Post

Please edit your posts rather than posting consecutive times in a row. There’s a nice “Edit post” button right to the left of your post.

I prefer a controller over a mouse. Sure, the mouse may allow for more precision depending on situation, but I am more comfortable with a controller in my hand, whether it be on the computer or for a console.