RPG Shooter: Starwish

308 posts

Flag Post

One of the best free flash games I’ve played in a while.
What do you guys think?

Flag Post

Eh. It’s not bad. Not good either.

Flag Post

Gameplay is a 2/5 Story/datingsim aspect is a 5/5 so it averages out to a 4/5 for me.

Flag Post

I gave up after playing it for 20 minutes and only having one battle.

Well, less gave up, and more got sick of the dialog just taking too damn long, even only skimming it, it was still took way too long. What was he trying to make here, a modern Final Fantasy game? If it gets badges, then I’ll be content to just skip the dialog.

Flag Post

I liked the story more than the gameplay but its good there was a skip button. Also drunken pandas rock.

Flag Post

Needs a reset stats or reset skills button.

Also needs a confirmation button after u choose a skill. There was this instance when i ifnished a level and started clicking randomly and the skill window popped up and i selected a skill i didnt want.

Flag Post

Anyone that could give me help on the relationships? What mod gives who would be rather helpful and anything else

Flag Post

Need some help on the achievements. I agree on the reset stats button.

Flag Post

I know eight achievements.
1. Use Overdrive three times in one battle.
2. Get one of each weapon.
3. ?
4. Buy 200 mods.
5. Get a level 61 weapon.
6. Reach level 100.
7. Destroy 4000 enemies.
8. Beat the first Firebolt fight.
9. Complete the game.
10. ??

There’s a really obvious space for #3, but I don’t have it yet. I guess there’s a #10 too.

Flag Post

that was admittedly rather enjoyable. haven’t seen something quite like it, personally. (mixing traditional rpg elements with a space shooter)

Flag Post

3. Moolianaire. Possess 3,000,000 unspent moola. Rich!

Flag Post

10. Chosen One. Completed the game without dying. Immortal!

Flag Post

Beating the game without dying? I’ve only played on Hard mode and I can’t even imagine that. The rest of the achievements seem okay.

Maybe there will be an impossible badge for getting all ten achievements.

I thought maybe the badge could be called the “I Wish for a” Badge.

Before reading in-game achievement #10, I figured it could be for getting every ending (can get multiple endings on same save file, would probably take a minimum/maximum of 2 playthroughs if done right) and for completing the game on hard mode.

Maybe all of these things together would be sufficient for an impossible badge.

What do you guys think?

Also, for in-game achievement 10, does the fight against the firebolt in the tutorial count as dying if you lose instead of paradoxically winning? And does escaping from battle count as dying? When I win against the firebolt, the words “Mission Complete” Stay stuck on my screen for every mission unless I escape one, then it goes away.

tl;dr

Impossible badge would be cool. What counts as dying for achievement 10?

Flag Post

I was wondering, how do you get different endings? The guide at http://starwish.auriplane.net/ says you need “prerequesites” and then talking to characters, so my guess is that you need the aforementioned achievements?
I had the “Bamboo” ending, and the “no-wish” ending, and I had achievement #2 (all weapons, fitting for Swig I guess) and #9 (default ending).

Flag Post

I’m on my way thru a no dying playthru atm, but something is bothering me. My second playthru of the game did not give me a single choice of endings and I really hope it isn’t the case again. The no dying playthru should be easy enough though so I’ll try to report my findings. BTW, hardmode is made very easy if you just max INT and DEF. I’m regening over 200 HP a second with 10k shields _;;

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpinelessCoward:

I was wondering, how do you get different endings? The guide at http://starwish.auriplane.net/ says you need “prerequesites” and then talking to characters, so my guess is that you need the aforementioned achievements?
I had the “Bamboo” ending, and the “no-wish” ending, and I had achievement #2 (all weapons, fitting for Swig I guess) and #9 (default ending).

I’m thinking that achievements might have something to do with what ending you can pick. I had 4 or so achievements at the end of my first play-through and was able to choose between Swig’s, Tessa’s, Johnny’s and Deadeye’s ending. (and the no wish ending of course)

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpinelessCoward:

Nope. I was able to get 6 endings (Mare’s, Johnny’s, Swig’s, Dedai, Tessa’s, and Default) with only 4 achievments (Killer, Maximum Overdrive, Weapons Collecter, and The End)

Flag Post

the gameplay itself was kinda meh,but the story and characters really do make this a great game,it’s just executed really well

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkstreaker:

Nope. I was able to get 6 endings (Mare’s, Johnny’s, Swig’s, Dedai, Tessa’s, and Default) with only 4 achievments (Killer, Maximum Overdrive, Weapons Collecter, and The End)

I got these 6 endings on normal, just going through the game and talking to everyone every chance I got. Are there any more endings? I feel like there should be one Ginny, considering how much I talked to her. Maybe that one is unlocked on hard?

Flag Post

From the developer’s comments, it sounds like Ginny’s ending is unlocked by never dying. First Firebolt battle not counting, I’m guessing.

Neferiti’s cafe scenes and ending are unlocked in Hard Mode.

But getting new endings might be a bit buggy. I’m thinking you need to clear your save data to do it. Testing now.

Edit: Looks like two of us just confirmed that getting endings on New Game Plus is buggy. I couldn’t unlock any new endings until I just used New Game instead. On New Game I unlocked everyone except Nefiriti (because I played normal mode this time).
So yeah…never die in battle to unlock Ginny’s ending.

EDIT EDIT: Achievement #11. See all character endings. (Deadeye, Ginny, Johnny, Mare, Nefiriti, Swig, and Tessa. And maybe the no wish default).

Flag Post

I died twice and still had the Ginny ending as an option

Flag Post

I died multiple times and saw Ginny’s ending as well.

Flag Post

Okay, I was wrong. Hmm. Maybe Ginny’s ending is easier then. “Die fewer than 10 times” then or something.

I died a LOT on Hard Mode and didn’t get her ending. But that was my first playthrough, so maybe I screwed something else up.

Flag Post

Are the achievements shared among all saves? As in, if I start a new game (not a new game plus) will I still have my old achievements?

Flag Post

Yes, you will.