RPG Shooter: Starwish page 10

306 posts

Flag Post

On Kongregate, when u finish game u may vote on endings. U can’t vote on regular and special endings and u may only vote on endings u have seen

Flag Post

man the best ending is the special ending it should become cannon cuz everyone survives and is happy

Flag Post

Anyone else notice the clickable blank box near below the ‘the end’ button that doesn’t do anything? Could that give access to something secret?

Flag Post

I know people keep calling for a sequel, but I’d love to see what the designer of this game could do with another project entirely. The writing and art are simply too good to ignore.

Flag Post

Finally got all endings. Two days of my precious time. Lot of fun though – a nice example of how great a game can be only because of story. The gameplay was kind of okay, but repetetive as hell. I liked the special ending since it is only one happy-ever-after with Ginny. I voted for Mare ending however – getting badass ship from a wishing star is… wel… badass.

Flag Post

I saw a comment from the auriplane (author of the music) on one of the soundtrack videos on YouTube (Neferiti’s to be exact) that they’re working on a sequel.

This game has a lot of flaws, but it’s the mark of a great game that you can love it despite it’s flaws. I’m going to write up a detailed feedback post about that I liked and dislike and what I think about the game and send it to the creator somehow (idk, message his Kong, YouTube or DeviantArt account probably if I can’t find his e-mail).

Also, my vote is on Ginny’s ending. I do wish (get it?) that I could pick the secret ending, but out of all the characters Ginny is the one that deserves the reward for what she did. I’m a sucker for downer endings and… well, I just like Ginny, what can I say…

Flag Post

Ginny’s ending is a bittersweet ending, not a downer ending.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CurtJa:

I know people keep calling for a sequel, but I’d love to see what the designer of this game could do with another project entirely. The writing and art are simply too good to ignore.

I couldn’t agree more. This project feels very complete. Maybe there are some fixes or tweaks that could be done for a newer version, but not a sequel. If it would follow the same characters, it wouldn’t be as interesting as the first game. They just killed the DEVIL. IN SPACE. What could be as interesting after that? Besides, the Wishing Star is gone, it wouldn’t be “Starwish” anymore without it’s central theme and plot device, now would it?

Sometimes, when a project is done, it’s simply done. I hope this guy goes onto another project, but I think Starwish is a one chapter series.

Flag Post

There is a bug in game engine that is maybe the cause. If you are grinding a lot, game may see high stats as a cheat and not give you an ending.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CritMundo:

There is a bug in game engine that is maybe the cause. If you are grinding a lot, game may see high stats as a cheat and not give you an ending.

they already say that the developer fixed this issue so no need to worry.

Flag Post

The plot is great, and the gameplay is okay… but as SEPERAT ENTITIES lol. Like, I feel like each mission I’m playing a game, then reading an entirely seperate novel, a chapter after each mission. I mean they’re so totally irrelevant to each other! “I’m going to go find Ginny because she’s after Neferitti” Mission: Kill Crystal Dragon 2! Like wtf?

Love the plot, the stuff inside the cafe, the dialogue, everything like that is 100% well done. But the gameplay is just so irrelevant that it just… bleh. I dislike it lol.

Flag Post

Yeah, I basiclly feel that if they improve on the gameplay this game would be such a masterpiece(moreso than it already is.).

Flag Post
Originally posted by aguyuno:

The plot is great, and the gameplay is okay… but as SEPERAT ENTITIES lol. Like, I feel like each mission I’m playing a game, then reading an entirely seperate novel, a chapter after each mission. I mean they’re so totally irrelevant to each other! “I’m going to go find Ginny because she’s after Neferitti” Mission: Kill Crystal Dragon 2! Like wtf?

Love the plot, the stuff inside the cafe, the dialogue, everything like that is 100% well done. But the gameplay is just so irrelevant that it just… bleh. I dislike it lol.

Well i’ve never thout about it like that but… u’re right. If you think about it the only relevant plot missions Are battles with ibby & Firebolt. Even earthwall is not exacly what it’s supposed to be. I mean Aurica was supposed to foresee these sield frequencies which wass supposed to allow u to battle him but you fight like there are no shelds at all… These “sield frequencies” sounded like there where short openings in theese shields, hard to catch, but easy to shot when u know them, and imho the battle shoud be like that. I wonder if they’ll correct it in part two…

Flag Post

@NNinja in the sequel I dont thing there wil be any earthwall =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by raulxpxp97:

@NNinja in the sequel I dont thing there wil be any earthwall =)

That was example :P I mean if they’ll do something like that they COULD do it little better.

Flag Post

Well, what it comes down to is that I think the writer of the dialogue probably isn’t the best at designing gameplay. This isn’t an insult, it’s just that they’re seperate skill sets, you know? So I think he should team up with someone whom he trusts who is really good with that stuff. Then, he rbights the dialogue, that guy/girl makes the game, and presto. Suddenly we have a friggin masterpiece :)

Flag Post

I agree with the dude above me. Just polish the gameplay and you have such a gem! Has anyone ever tried contacting the creator of the game to ask why the special ending isn’t a voting option? Kinda bugs me….

Flag Post

Yeah,me too…

Flag Post

Same here.

Flag Post

Maybe u’ll say something more constructive? Gameplay isn’t much worse than in any other sidescroll shoter. Of course it could be WAY better but still… it’s not that bad. The only bad thing about it is that u MUST play many times to fully enjoy the storyline, it’s imposible to view all endings in one game, and whitout seeing all of them u won’t fully understand. When i played first time gameplay WAS good, i just got bored when i had to play it again and again to look for more endings + the bug with new game +, which made it imposible to view any of them (except regular) when i played it 2nd & 3rd time. ANY game will get boring when you play it 7-8 times in a row, no matter how good it is.

Flag Post

I got bored after defeating the third boss :/

Flag Post

Seems like the maker of this game likes snails. Just my guess.

Flag Post

Maybe… Do u think he’s frenchman? i Herad they like snails

Flag Post

Idk but auriplane like snails :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by NNinja:

Maybe u’ll say something more constructive? Gameplay isn’t much worse than in any other sidescroll shoter. Of course it could be WAY better but still… it’s not that bad. The only bad thing about it is that u MUST play many times to fully enjoy the storyline, it’s imposible to view all endings in one game, and whitout seeing all of them u won’t fully understand. When i played first time gameplay WAS good, i just got bored when i had to play it again and again to look for more endings + the bug with new game +, which made it imposible to view any of them (except regular) when i played it 2nd & 3rd time. ANY game will get boring when you play it 7-8 times in a row, no matter how good it is.

You CAN view all the endings from one game, as long as you earn them all in the same game (basically, fulfilling the requirements for the special ending). You just need to select continue, beat the final boss again, then pick whatever ending you want. Of course it IS highly unlikely to get the special ending on someone’s very first run through the game unless they looked at a guide :).